+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

cocoa_butter

May 24, 2023
you were not eligible , they need last 3 years of tax returns . so if you file application in 2022 , they need income of 2021 , 2020 and 2019 . also you must be employed in Canada for those 3 years .

If you meet the income of 2019 then also chances are very slim as i believe you were not residing in Canada for full year . There is very little change but i think its worth to file an appeal.

After rejection you will be out of Pool and wait until pool is open for new invitation .
I was a resident at that time since February 2019. Why did they even send me an invitation if they did not think I was eligible from my interest to sponsor?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I was a resident at that time since February 2019. Why did they even send me an invitation if they did not think I was eligible from my interest to sponsor?
They have send invitation to non qualified too who immigrated same year, They do not check eligibility at the time of invitation . They check it after entire application is submitted .

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was not clear on how they are assessing the LICO based on income made on each individual year as opposed to the last three years altogether. In IMM5768, we are asked to report income based on employer timeline and not on tax year. So, I compared the total of the three years which put me above the line, which was my mistake.

I would have still submitted if I were to know that 2019 would not have passed, but maybe not opt to process the application. Who knows after how long before my interest would have been picked up. My concern now is if my application gets rejected, will I still be in the pool to get a chance to apply?

One thing I can hope for is "Reassessments", which I am not sure if it would be possible at this point.

"Reassessments

All sponsors are given the opportunity to provide as much supporting documentation as possible at the time their sponsorship application is submitted. An officer then renders a decision based on the information that was provided. Unfortunately, this decision cannot be reconsidered where the sponsor omitted pertinent information or where financial circumstances have changed since that submission.

"Reassessments may only be conducted if:

a) you met the MNI on the date of filing of this application, and
b) new information arises to indicate you would no longer be able to meet the MNI.

Note that an officer may also request updated evidence of income if more than 12 months have elapsed since the receipt of your application. Under such circumstances, a reassessment of the sponsor’s income shall be calculated on the basis of the income earned as reported in the Notices of Assessment or Option C print outs issued by the Canada Revenue Agency in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the day on which the officer receives the updated evidence."

I am unclear if "receipt of application" is when the visa officer will get the application or when I submitted it online. I would be glad if they would reassess my LICO after 12 months I guess.
It was pretty clear that income of each year is needed to meet the LICO for the previous 3 years before interest to sponsor was submitted.
(there was a check box to accept and agree that your income met the requirement)

IRCC have never use a "total sum" or an "average over 3 years" for LICO. Anyway, keep us updated on the appeal. Good luck.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Did you file 2022 tax returns before they started processing your application?

Jan 2, 2023
I posted several weeks ago that IRCC has asked me to fill out some missing information and resubmit IMM 0008. I was given several different options for resubmitting the new IMM 0008: either through email, , or via post mail.

I have decided to resubmit via email. But I was wondering how to sign the document properly? After completing the pdf and pressing the "Validate" button, the following message pops up:

"Validation completed successfully.

Please print the entire application and sign and date the last page. This page contains bar codes that facilitates data entry of your application.

If you are applying online, you do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."

I'll be submitting my IMM 0008 via email, but is this considered applying online? I think I have 3 ways of signing, not sure which is the correct way:

1) The signature area of the form is typable. Should I just type in my name? This is how IMM 1344 is supposed to be signed.

2) Should I print the application as a pdf, and sign using Adobe e-signature?

3) Should I print the the application to paper, sign by hand, and then scan it back?

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone,
I received an email from the IRCC agent today to resubmit form IMM5476 for use of representative. I had submitted this form after the submitting the PR application through a web form. I had submitted both hands signed and e-signed versions. I am not sure what I missed out. Please see the email below and guide:

Good day [PA name],

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your request to add the Use of representative (IMM5476) forms, however, we are unable to process them since some information is missing and requires further clarification.

In order to assist you, please upload a newly completed forms via the IRCC Web form.

Under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, representatives and clients are required to provide all the information requested on the form unless the question states if known or if applicable. Therefore, please make sure to:

• Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties.
Once received, the authorization should be added to the file in 5 business days.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

xxxxx, agent # xxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
How to link application to secure IRCC account , i have tired many times.
I have AOR letter. and account in IRCC.
Enter data as per required , but not succeed. If any one can describe . TIA

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Received pcc's,adahar card,voter card request for both parents on 19th may

They both have to do 2 pcc each
Dad uae and india(he is in uae currently)
Mom rcmp and india( currently in india)

It was a heck of stuff to do for us but we are in applied process in 2 pcc (indian and rcmp)and 1 voter card for mom !!

Also the says office is Mississauga even though we are in Vancouver so i guess Mississauga is processing our application!!

Last edited:

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone,
Those who got the request to send back IMM5476 (use of representative) form to be hand-signed, did you send it back filling out every field by hand or just hand-signed the form filled out online?
Also, what was the language in the correspondence requesting the IMM5476 form to be submitted again?
Below is what I received via email today:

We have received your request to add the Use of representative (IMM5476) forms, however, we are unable to process them since some information is missing and requires further clarification.

In order to assist you, please upload a newly completed forms via the IRCC Web form.

Under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, representatives and clients are required to provide all the information requested on the form unless the question states if known or if applicable. Therefore, please make sure to:

• Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties.
Once received, the authorization should be added to the file in 5 business days.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Received pcc's,adahar card,voter card request for both parents on 19th may

They both have to do 2 pcc each
Dad uae and india(he is in uae currently)
Mom rcmp and india( currently in india)

It was a heck of stuff to do for us but we are in applied process in 2 pcc (indian and rcmp)and 1 voter card for mom !!

Also the says office is Mississauga even though we are in Vancouver so i guess Mississauga is processing our application!!
Why would you get RCMP clearance? Did you not say your mother is in India?

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
How to link application to secure IRCC account , i have tired many times.
I have AOR letter. and account in IRCC.
Enter data as per required , but not succeed. If any one can describe . TIA
I am in the same boat. I have tried hundreds of times but no success. Even tried e-cas but nothing shows.

However I can check the status over the phone.