+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

lanreade

Apr 22, 2013
What is the next step after sponsor's approval letter. Can I proceed and link the application because all efforts to link the application proved abortive.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Nisarha/Lambo

I applied for my parents sponsorship on Dec 22, 2022 and yesterday i got a letter for my mother to do Biometrics. But my father did not get it. Today i received an email saying that i am eligible to sponsor my parents etc......Now i am wondering

1) Did anyone of you got the biometrics request just for one parent?
2) Should i wait for the biometric request for my father too and then ask them to travel to get their biometrics done? Since i received the reqeust on May 16, 2023, CIC had given my mother 30 days to do the biometrics. But they are old and cannot travel alone for 8 hours in train.
3) Can we request to send the biometrics to my dad by email?
4) Can we extend the request for more than 30 days? what happens in that case?

Any help appreciated.
N

Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
Nisarha/Lambo

I applied for my parents sponsorship on Dec 22, 2022 and yesterday i got a letter for my mother to do Biometrics. But my father did not get it. Today i received an email saying that i am eligible to sponsor my parents etc......Now i am wondering

2) Should i wait for the biometric request for my father too and then ask them to travel to get their biometrics done? Since i received the reqeust on May 16, 2023, CIC had given my mother 30 days to do the biometrics. But they are old and cannot travel alone for 8 hours in train.

Any help appreciated.
N
Actually I receive two separate emails for parents, each have been individually
And if your father did provide biometrics within 10 years before, I would call them and ask or check CIC website, if you linked your account!

And check spam folder as well might be there

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks Nay.

No father never provided biometrics before. Is it advisable to wait for few minutes and then start the process?

How did you do the process if you received in separate emails? did you call cic to change (or) your parents went 2 separate times?

N

Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
Thanks Nay.

No father never provided biometrics before. Is it advisable to wait for few minutes and then start the process?

How did you do the process if you received in separate emails? did you call cic to change (or) your parents went 2 separate times?

N
Nope

I got email for Mom (principal) and 1 min later for my Dad (dependent)

vic20

May 17, 2019
Nisarha/Lambo

Any help appreciated.
N

How old is your father ? If > 79 yrs then biometrics not needed .
Otherwise just wait for 2nd email .

vic20

May 17, 2019
Last edited: