+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
"Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" is the correct option.
Why PCC from Canada is required? Does the request letter mentions PCC is needed for India and Canada?
Yes they wrote in the letter:
Police Certificates (Multiple): You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from INDIA and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.

My parents resided earlier for 2 years in Canada from 2017 to 2019 and they came back last July 2022 on their Super Visa so I guess I will have to provide from Canada as well.

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Police Certificates (Multiple): You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from INDIA and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.

My parents resided earlier for 2 years in Canada from 2017 to 2019 and they came back last July 2022 on their Super Visa so I guess I will have to provide from Canada as well.
I got the same letter but i did not provided Canadian police certificate for my parents.

Reactions: dixo

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

Oh okay, for me, they only asked me to submit the PCC from India. Even though there have been multiple stays in Canada which were more than 6 months.

Reactions: dpatel08 and dixo

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
I got mail today asking for FBI police certificate beacuse of my parents US travel history. Few questions if someone can help:
1. All of their visits are less than 6 months in duration? Still need to submit it?
2. Any one else got the same request and what they might have followed for doing that sumbission
I would submit if IRCC has specifically asked. let me know if you need any help on process to apply for FBI clearance.

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Can you please clarify what was the difference between the aor and the sponsor eligibility letter? I receive a letter today that says “This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s)” it also asks to submit form imm 5768 if not already included in the application.
Sponser eligibility letter will be issued once officer review sponser's last three years of tax information. AOR is based on initial information provided by applicant.

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Can you please clarify what was the difference between the aor and the sponsor eligibility letter? I receive a letter today that says “This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s)” it also asks to submit form imm 5768 if not already included in the application.
Does anyone know how much time it take after submitting medical and PCC to receive passport request??

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks much dpatel08 as always you responded. thanks, will do the same.
They also updated our super visa medical too. in which city are you in? message me thanks,

Have one question while applying for PCC on Indian govt. site which option should I select from the drop down in Purpose of PCC field : "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" or "Residence Permit" ?? I guess it should be "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" correct me if I'm wrong.
For PCC you can select "Immigration purpose other than citizenship" , but i have heard both option are fine . they have accepted PCC for "resident permit" as well .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Does anyone know how much time it take after submitting medical and PCC to receive passport request??
I think from here on ward it will take significant amount of time . i am not expecting to hear any thing until March 2024 . but immigration is unpredictable.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

from what i know is we do not need to provide PCC of Canada . They will specifically ask for Canadian PCC if they need it . Normally they do not ask for PCC of Canada . In that letter they meant all other country where they lived more than 6 month ( it means all country but Canada ) so for now only provide PCC of India .

Reactions: dixo

Trinity_123

Mar 14, 2023
Hello, anyone still ha the background check disappeared after been in process? No other part of the application is in progress either. No other communication after March 3rd AOR.

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
HI Application sent in Nov 2022 and AOR got March 2023 . No communication after that , no Biometric , no medical . Anyone on same boat with me ?
In the boat behind you since we have same status, except I haven't even received AOR yet. I was able to link the application to GCKey portal this week, so that to me is progress.

Reactions: sibhav

lanreade

Apr 22, 2013
I submitted on November 26th and received a request on December 10 to complete some forms and send them back. The requested forms were completed and sent on December 16th. Since the last resubmission, I am yet to receive AOR. Is there anyone in this situation as well. I read that some people were able to link their application without an AOR, please guide me through this process.