+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Folks, I received the first email today from CPC Mississauga. It says the application has been received.
Is this considered AOR or Sponsor Approval?

Questions-
1- It lists just my father's name (Primary applicant). Is that normal?
2- It mentions I should submit IMM 5768 - financial evaluation, but I already provided my consent in the form to access CRA details directly. Is everyone receiving the same message? Any actions needed here?
3 - I am unable to link my account after multiple tries. Tried all combinations for applicants (applicants, applicants + sponsors) but nothing worked. I also tried with App/UCI/last name. Which combination has worked for folks here?

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi Folks, I received the first email today from CPC Mississauga. It says the application has been received.

Questions-
2- It mentions I should submit IMM 5768 - financial evaluation, but I already provided my consent in the form to access CRA details directly. Is everyone receiving the same message? Any actions needed here?
3 - I am unable to link my account after multiple tries. Tried all combinations for applicants (applicants, applicants + sponsors) but nothing worked. I also tried with App/UCI/last name. Which combination has worked for folks here?
I have the same questions as you do. I was able to link my application using the passport number of my mother (the applicant) and the uci of my mother too. The number of people in the application was 2 (me and my mom). My husband did not count because he was not a cosigner and my daughter did not count too.

Reactions: disp.31089

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

Questions-
This looks like sponsor approval letter, Does letter says - "You have met the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor" if it does then this is sponsor approval letter . Also you need to wait about a week before you can link your file . I know some people are not able to link even after trying it many times , may be because of system issue .

My letter also had only my father name and if you have submitted all the document before then no action is required . Its a generic letter .

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Sponsored Person: Mother
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province: Ontario
Invitation Date: October 14, 2022
Application Submitted Date: December 18, 2022
Additional Doc Req: IMM5768 February 08, 2023
AOR: May 04, 2023
Sponsor Approval: Not Received Yet
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: Not Received Yet
Medicals Req Date: Not Received Yet
PCC Req Date: Not Received Yet
Pre-Arrival Letter Date: Not Received Yet
Passport Req Date: Not Received Yet

Admin please update the excel sheet

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Sponsored Person: Mother
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province: Ontario
Invitation Date: October 14, 2022
Application Submitted Date: December 18, 2022
Additional Doc Req: IMM5768 February 08, 2023
AOR: May 04, 2023
Sponsor Approval: Not Received Yet
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: Not Received Yet
Medicals Req Date: Not Received Yet
PCC Req Date: Not Received Yet
Pre-Arrival Letter Date: Not Received Yet
Passport Req Date: Not Received Yet

Admin please update the excel sheet
updated.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Can you please clarify what was the difference between the aor and the sponsor eligibility letter? I receive a letter today that says “This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s)” it also asks to submit form imm 5768 if not already included in the application.
AOR.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023

Questions-
AOR. Application number which started with F.

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks @Iyan123, @dpatel08, @BienCanada for your responses. Really appreciate it!

I was able to link the application today. I used "Family Name, Given Name and Dat of Birth" for my father (primary applicant) and mentioned 4 in members (2 applicants + 1 sponsor + 1 co-signer).
I also verified that my mom's name shows up in dependents section in the linked application.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi,

For PGP 2022, Do I receive a separate email request for PCC? (Police Clearance certificate).

My father and mother just submitted the Biometrics and we are waiting for Medical letter.

How long does it take to get the medical request letter after submission of biometrics?

I already received the Sponsor Eligibility Letter.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi,

For PGP 2022, Do I receive a separate email request for PCC? (Police Clearance certificate).

My father and mother just submitted the Biometrics and we are waiting for Medical letter.

How long does it take to get the medical request letter after submission of biometrics?

I already received the Sponsor Eligibility Letter.
Yes and iam in same line as you

Next will be medical or pcc with voter card and adahar card and both will be diff. Emails

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
Hi all,

I was successfully able to link my in-laws' application today. FWIW, I wasn't able to link the application until last week using the same details that I used today, so probably they finally did some processing last week. We still haven't received any official communication from IRCC re: any documents they need nor have we received sponsorship approval letter yet.

I used UCI, Last Name, and Passport details of my father in-law (primary application) for the search. In # of applicants, put 4 (FIL, MIL (dependent), my spouse (primary sponsor) + me (co-sponsor)). The same combination until last week did not work for us.

Thanks,
D

Reactions: dpatel08

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hlo guys i just checked the application status via phone automated service and its saying
We are reviewing medical results and we haven't done medical exam or received Req. To do so.

However my mother have done in feb 2022 for a another visa but dad had medical before but thats expired!!

So what this status means anyone knows??

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Quick update.

Interestingly, I tried linking application and I was able to do so, using Family name, Given name and place of birth. We have not received any email/mail regarding sponsor approval and AoR, yet. Application satus is

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "

Moreover, I noticed that we have the same application number without X at the beginning (before it was X****** and now its ******). Also, UCIs are linked to both the applicant and dependent, and are different from each other and the sponsor.

One quick question now, how can I update the passport. My MIL received a new passport after we filed the application, how can we inform this.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpatel08