+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
Quick update.

Interestingly, I tried linking application and I was able to do so, using Family name, Given name and place of birth. We have not received any email/mail regarding sponsor approval and AoR, yet. Application satus is

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "

Moreover, I noticed that we have the same application number without X at the beginning (before it was X****** and now its ******). Also, UCIs are linked to both the applicant and dependent, and are different from each other and the sponsor.

One quick question now, how can I update the passport. My MIL received a new passport after we filed the application, how can we inform this.
I think now that you have the application #, you can use it to send a webform. I am going to do it myself today but for us, my spouse and I got our Canadian Citizenship since the sponsorship application was submitted, so we need to update that.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I think now that you have the application #, you can use it to send a webform. I am going to do it myself today but for us, my spouse and I got our Canadian Citizenship since the sponsorship application was submitted, so we need to update that.
Yes, we sent webform with bio page of the new passport and explanation letter (two separate pdfs) as soon as we were able to link. I was wondering, if we could send document/s via online account without being asked to send it.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Yes, we sent webform with bio page of the new passport and explanation letter (two separate pdfs) as soon as we were able to link. I was wondering, if we could send document/s via online account without being asked to send it.
Update: received an automated reply yesterday evening, I guess this is automated generic message, that they received our inquiry and will reply as soon as possible. However, due to high volume, it might take some time to hear from them.

Jan 2, 2023
I received a letter from CIC today. I am the sponsor. I am sponsoring my father. In the initial application, we didn't include my father's separated spouse because we didn't know it was required. Of course, they're asking us now, so we will resubmit the application with her included.

My question is: they've asked us to complete IMM5669 and IMM5406 for her; however, she is actually already a Canadian citizen. According to the official Guide 5772 (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html), as well as the document checklist, those two documents only have to be completed for a dependent who is NOT already a Canadian citizen. "The principal applicant must complete this form for themselves and all dependants who are 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not) and are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents."

Since my father's separated spouse is already a Canadian citizenship, does that mean she doesn't need to complete IMM5669 and IMM5406? Should I include a letter, explaining why she doesn't need to complete these forms, and perhaps adding a sentence that we will only complete the forms if IRCC insists?

Last edited:

shar2022

Oct 16, 2022
how do I link my application if family name have space and no first name? System is unable to find my application.

Jan 2, 2023
i think there are referring to the dependent "xxxxxx , you need to provide IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 of xxxxxxx . You do not need to submit that form for person who is not dependent.
However that dependent is already a Canadian citizen. Why do I need to provide IMM 5669 and 5406 for a Canadian citizen?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
However that dependent is already a Canadian citizen. Why do I need to provide IMM 5669 and 5406 for a Canadian citizen?
I am trying to understand the relationship here , Is that dependent a spouse or children of principal applicant ? If that dependent is already in Canada and is citizen then i don't think you need to fill out that form . I would suggest to write down letter of explanation with the form that you are going to refill .

Jan 2, 2023
I am trying to understand the relationship here , Is that dependent a spouse or children of principal applicant ? If that dependent is already in Canada and is citizen then i don't think you need to fill out that form . I would suggest to write down letter of explanation with the form that you are going to refill .
The dependent is a (separated) spouse of the principal applicant. Even though they are separated, I guess IRCC still considers her a dependent, which is why I guess she still needs to be included in the application; however, I guess IRCC doesn't know that she is already a Canadian citizen, which is why they have requested that she complete IMM 5669 and 5406.

Thank you, I will write a letter of explanation explaining that she is a Canadian citizen and doesn't need IMM 5669/5406.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
The dependent is a (separated) spouse of the principal applicant. Even though they are separated, I guess IRCC still considers her a dependent, which is why I guess she still needs to be included in the application; however, I guess IRCC doesn't know that she is already a Canadian citizen, which is why they have requested that she complete IMM 5669 and 5406.

Thank you, I will write a letter of explanation explaining that she is a Canadian citizen and doesn't need IMM 5669/5406.
Separated spouse is not dependent .

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
I received PCC request today for my parents they also asked for Adhaar card and Voter Id card and they clearly mentioned that this must be received before June 8 in bold Red color notice with under line and mention this couple places that this must be received in one month or your file will be refused.

Now it is impossible to get PCC for both from India and Canada (as they are here on super visa currently) within a one month.
What to do? please help thanks,

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
HI Application sent in Nov 2022 and AOR got March 2023 . No communication after that , no Biometric , no medical . Anyone on same boat with me ?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I received PCC request today for my parents they also asked for Adhaar card and Voter Id card and they clearly mentioned that this must be received before June 8 in bold Red color notice with under line and mention this couple places that this must be received in one month or your file will be refused.

Now it is impossible to get PCC for both from India and Canada (as they are here on super visa currently) within a one month.
What to do? please help thanks,
You submit the aadhar card and Voter ID card and write down a letter that you are in the process of getting the PCC that may take over a month and you should be fine . Also include the proof of submission to obtain PCC

Last edited:
Reactions: dixo

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
You submit the aadhar card and Voter ID card and write down a letter that you are in the process of getting the PCC that may take over a month and you should be fine . Also include the proof of submission to obtain PCC
Thanks much dpatel08 as always you responded. thanks, will do the same.
They also updated our super visa medical too. in which city are you in? message me thanks,

Have one question while applying for PCC on Indian govt. site which option should I select from the drop down in Purpose of PCC field : "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" or "Residence Permit" ?? I guess it should be "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Thanks much dpatel08 as always you responded. thanks, will do the same.
They also updated our super visa medical too. in which city are you in? message me thanks,

Have one question while applying for PCC on Indian govt. site which option should I select from the drop down in Purpose of PCC field : "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" or "Residence Permit" ?? I guess it should be "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" correct me if I'm wrong.
"Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" is the correct option.
Why PCC from Canada is required? Does the request letter mentions PCC is needed for India and Canada?

Reactions: dixo