+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

BABBQ

Jan 1, 2013
GM
I received an email yesterday at 11.22 pm indicating missing documents.
One of which is asking about resume of the principal applicant. Although I submitted the one having all the information since the age of 18. I am not sure why it was not accepted.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
canyon please share the resume format please?

fly101514

May 20, 2015
My father is currently in Canada. I applied his extension for the visitor record. They request him to do the Medical. I scheduled him for Medical on January. We applied his PGP last month (November 2022) . No update yet. It is possible to use the upcoming Medical to his PGP application as well? Anyone knows same situation like this?
I know i read somewhere that you can use it within 5 years

Ironc4t

Dec 22, 2022
Hello Everyone

I have 2 sons both are older than 22years, married and not financially dependent.
>> Elder son is Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my PR.
>> Younger son is working in India and not accompanying me in Canada (only me & my wife are applying).
In IMM008 form regarding Parents/Grand Parents PR application 2022,Do I need to add anyone of them in list of dependents

As the header of form is confusing as it says:

Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).

You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.

When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.

Thanks in advance
'Family member' has a specific definition. It includes spouse and dependent children - not just any family member. See the links below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#f

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp

Use the second link to determine if there are any dependents. If there aren't, you don't need to add them to the application.

Last edited:

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
FYI... You do not need separate invitations to apply for parents and grandparents.
If you are invited, you can apply for all (parents, paternal and maternal grandparents) on the same invitation (provided you meet the income requirements).

However you need to submit separate applications for each (they cant be dependents on each other application).
One for Parents
One for Paternal Grandparents
One for Maternal Grandparents
I am bit confuse here. I tried looking for information on IRCC website and FAQ regarding this but could not find anything to counter your information. If your statement is true we could have submitted, in principle, up to three interests (one each for parents, pat grandparents, and mat grandparent) and increase our chance to get lottery. If we receive one invitation, we can then sponsor as many couple and their dependents, up to three, based on our income?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I bit confuse here. I tried looking for information on IRCC website and FAQ regarding this but could not find anything to counter your information. If your statement is true we could have submitted, in principle, up to three interests (one each for parents, pat grandparents, and mat grandparent) and increase our chance to get lottery. If we received one invitation, we can then sponsor as many couple and their dependents, up to three, based on our income?
No you can only sponsor the couple selected.
FYI... You do not need separate invitations to apply for parents and grandparents.
If you are invited, you can apply for all (parents, paternal and maternal grandparents) on the same invitation (provided you meet the income requirements).

However you need to submit separate applications for each (they cant be dependents on each other application).
One for Parents
One for Paternal Grandparents
One for Maternal Grandparents
What?? You cannot do that. When you submitted EOI, grandparents and parents need separate EOIs, and then they both need to be selected in the lottery.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is what my understanding is and I remember it is written specifically somewhere which I am not able to find now.

This is my understanding too ..
You cannot submit an EOI with one set of parents, and then if selected apply for parents and all grandparents too. Can you imagine if they allowed that. They would only select a few thousand in the lottery because IRCC would meet quota with a less than 1000 applications.

Reactions: Ketobaby

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
You cannot submit an EOI with one set of parents, and then if selected apply for parents and all grandparents too. Can you imagine if they allowed that. They would only select a few thousand in the lottery because IRCC would meet quota with a less than 1000 applications.
Agreed ... this is my understanding too ..

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Its a common misconception. The EOI is application to become a sponsor. If you are picked you can sponsor all 3 (parents, mat GP and pat GP) provided you meet the income requirements (which unfortunately most people don't).

Read the 2nd bullet point on page 3 of your invitation.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Its a common misconception. The EOI is application to become a sponsor. If you are picked you can sponsor all 3 (parents, mat GP and pat GP) provided you meet the income requirements (which unfortunately most people don't).

Read the 2nd bullet point on page 3 of your invitation.
Again .. this is not my understanding .. but I do not have any reference or link to counter your argument.

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues

Mkulvi

Nov 22, 2016
Hi Member! 1 more question if anyone knows the answer. IMM 5768 I was unemployed to 2 month in 2019. I have added period in the table so the EI I received for that period should be added to the in the column (Gross Income/Benefits for the period)

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi Member! 1 more question if anyone knows the answer. IMM 5768 I was unemployed to 2 month in 2019. I have added period in the table so the EI I received for that period should be added to the in the column (Gross Income/Benefits for the period)
I would add the description as "Unemployed - EI Benefits received" and then add the amount in the column.

Reactions: Mkulvi

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
I just submitted the application and forgot to upload the checklist. Is it going to have an issue? Thanks.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Hey again, about form IMM 5768, did we had to sign it electronically using acrobat's e-sign feature or print the form, hand sign it and then scan the form?

I know there was a discussion about form 5768 not allowing the electronic signature.

I went with the option of hand signing it and mentioned it in the explanation letter, hope it will be ac
Hey again, about form IMM 5768, did we had to sign it electronically using acrobat's e-sign feature or print the form, hand sign it and then scan the form?

I know there was a discussion about form 5768 not allowing the electronic signature.

I went with the option of hand signing it and mentioned it in the explanation letter, hope it will be accepted.

Any thoughts?
I did the same too i was talking with someone that got approve that what they did i think it should be ok