+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

PREEVIK

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Hi all, I submitted my father( windowed) application today( 2 days before the last date). We did sign all the forms electronically. But my fathers signatures since he signed in Hindi(on laptop) , doesn’t exactly matching with passport signature. Is that gonna be a problem?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My father is currently in Canada. I applied his extension for the visitor record. They request him to do the Medical. I scheduled him for Medical on January. We applied his PGP last month (November 2022) . No update yet. It is possible to use the upcoming Medical to his PGP application as well? Anyone knows same situation like this?
Did you do the bio metric as well ? I though when you extend stay they dont ask to get medical done again ? May be i am wrong .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi all, I submitted my father( windowed) application today( 2 days before the last date). We did sign all the forms electronically. But my fathers signatures since he signed in Hindi(on laptop) , doesn’t exactly matching with passport signature. Is that gonna be a problem?
I dont think it will be a big deal .

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
URGENT QUESTION. PLEASE HELP!

On the 2020 form, We only mentioned the mother on the form. Now we want to include father as well. So both parents. It says clearly we can do so, but what is confusing is that "We dont accept multiple applications. Do I now have to send them separately? So one application for mother and a separate one for father? On the actual application, I have the father as the dependent...I thought that makes sense as opposed to doing another application, where I have to again put the mother as the principal applicant.

On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
You can apply to sponsor both parents (or both grandparents) under the same confirmation number if
  • you were invited and
  • you meet the income cut-off needed to sponsor both of them
You should also include a letter explaining why you’re sending applications for both your parents or grandparents when only one was on your interest to sponsor form.
We don’t accept multiple applications in one package. If you’re sending more than one application, you need to send them separately.
Note, if you are applying to sponsor parents and grandparents, send a separate application package for parents and for grandparents.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021

On the 2020 form, We only mentioned the mother on the form. Now we want to include father as well. So both parents. It says clearly we can do so, but what is confusing is that "We dont accept multiple applications. Do I now have to send them separately? So one application for mother and a separate one for father? On the actual application, I have the father as the dependent...I thought that makes sense as opposed to doing another application, where I have to again put the mother as the principal applicant.

On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
You can apply to sponsor both parents (or both grandparents) under the same confirmation number if
  • you were invited and
You should also include a letter explaining why you’re sending applications for both your parents or grandparents when only one was on your interest to sponsor form.
We don’t accept multiple applications in one package. If you’re sending more than one application, you need to send them separately.
Note, if you are applying to sponsor parents and grandparents, send a separate application package for parents and for grandparents.
My understanding here is .. multiple applications = applications for parents + application for grandparent. If you are invited to apply for parents and grandparents (separately, up to three invitations) you need to have the same number of application .. one application for mother/father/dependent(s), one application for maternal grandfather/maternal grandmother/dependent(s) and one application for paternal grandfather/paternal grandmother/dependents.

Note
  • if you are invited to apply for parents, you cannot sponsor your grandparent or vice versa
  • your grand parents cannot be included as dependent of your mother or father in the application to sponsor your parents or vice versa

Reactions: YVR123

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020

• you were invited and
FYI... You do not need separate invitations to apply for parents and grandparents.
If you are invited, you can apply for all (parents, paternal and maternal grandparents) on the same invitation (provided you meet the income requirements).

However you need to submit separate applications for each (they cant be dependents on each other application).
One for Parents
One for Paternal Grandparents
One for Maternal Grandparents

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Good Morning everyone. My Half sister is 22 and still studying. Is she still considered dependent of my father and be counted as dependent or no? Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good Morning everyone. My Half sister is 22 and still studying. Is she still considered dependent of my father and be counted as dependent or no? Thank you
No, she is not.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
FYI... You do not need separate invitations to apply for parents and grandparents.
If you are invited, you can apply for all (parents, paternal and maternal grandparents) on the same invitation (provided you meet the income requirements).

However you need to submit separate applications for each (they cant be dependents on each other application).
One for Parents
One for Paternal Grandparents
One for Maternal Grandparents
Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
After submitting online application we will see any update or only 1 email for application acknowledgement?

mikegrandier

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Did you do the bio metric as well ? I though when you extend stay they dont ask to get medical done again ? May be i am wrong .
He did the biometric already before he came to Canada. They requested medical if you stay more than 6 months of visitor status.

can i use his medical to his application to PGP?

vasy

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Hi
Last I heard that when an application/applications submitted for PGP it took 2-3years, how much time is expected for the applications to be processed this time?

mikegrandier

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi
Last I heard that when an application/applications submitted for PGP it took 2-3years, how much time is expected for the applications to be processed this time?
according to the tracker of PGP 2021 some them got it more or less than a year.