+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi Folk, Since most of the form are to be digitally singed. I want to clear my confusion for which method are we supposed to use for the signatures for the representative form. The signature panel available in adobe with moving the mouse or electronic pen. Or we can just type in the full names for signature.
For Use of Representative many people got their form back and they were asked to have a hand sign , In fact i also digitally signed but didn't received my form back yet ( So it depends who is your office in charge ) , So just to be on the safe side i think you should hand sign this form so there is no issue later .

Reactions: Mkulvi

Mkulvi

Nov 22, 2016
For Use of Representative many people got their form back and they were asked to have a hand sign , In fact i also digitally signed but didn't received my form back yet ( So it depends who is your office in charge ) , So just to be on the safe side i think you should hand sign this form so there is no issue later .
I think we should add both hand and e signed copies

Mkulvi

Nov 22, 2016
My dad doesn’t check his email so on cic portal my sister email is being used to create the id and application. I am filling the forms but she is going to help him sign the declaration. But for correspondence my email is given and I am the representative. I hope cic wont have problem with this that why her email is used. ?

Dec 8, 2022
My dad doesn’t check his email so on cic portal my sister email is being used to create the id and application. I am filling the forms but she is going to help him sign the declaration. But for correspondence my email is given and I am the representative. I hope cic wont have problem with this that why her email is used. ?
As long as you are submitting USE OF REPRESENTATIVE form IMM5476 with details showing urself as representative it should be fine.

Dec 8, 2022
Hello Everyone

I have 2 sons both are older than 22years, married and not financially dependent.
>> Elder son is Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my PR.
>> Younger son is working in India and not accompanying me in Canada (only me & my wife are applying).
In IMM008 form regarding Parents/Grand Parents PR application 2022,Do I need to add anyone of them in list of dependents

As the header of form is confusing as it says:

Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).

You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.

When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.

Thanks in advance

Architect 87

Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

We have already submitted the PGP application on Dec 5th. My parents did the forms themselves and made the submission. But the portal was registered on my (sponsor) email address. Will that cause any issues as we did not submit the " use of representative " form. Now, should i email IRCC the " use of representative " form to be on the safer side?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Please share your current timeline in below format to be added to the tracker:

Sponsored Person:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date
Sponsored Person: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Pakistan
Your Province: ON
Invitation Date: Oct 2022
Application Submitted Date: 19Dec 2022
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

We have already submitted the PGP application on Dec 5th. My parents did the forms themselves and made the submission. But the portal was registered on my (sponsor) email address. Will that cause any issues as we did not submit the " use of representative " form. Now, should i email IRCC the " use of representative " form to be on the safer side?

Thanks in advance :)
An applicant can choose Representative any time even after the submission of application , I prefer all correspondence should come to me so my parents wont have to worry about checking their mails . If you want to become representative you can submit the form any time .

Architect 87

Mar 30, 2016
An applicant can choose Representative any time even after the submission of application , I prefer all correspondence should come to me so my parents wont have to worry about checking their mails . If you want to become representative you can submit the form any time .
Thank you for your response. Today we submitted the " use of representative " IMM 5476 through the IRCC webform to be on the safer side.

Thanks again.

dpatel2111

Dec 21, 2022
Hello can anyone please help me with few questions about PGP 2022 application. Due date is December 24 which is in 3 days.

I am the sponsor and Principle applicant is my father. My mother is a US permanent resident and so she is not going to accompanying my father to Canada. The document checklist states " Upload the travel documents or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent"
It is same with the Photo requirements.

I was told to upload the passport and photos of both parents.

What is the correct answer for this? Should I upload both parents passports and photos or just principal applicant?

mikegrandier

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
My father is currently in Canada. I applied his extension for the visitor record. They request him to do the Medical. I scheduled him for Medical on January. We applied his PGP last month (November 2022) . No update yet. It is possible to use the upcoming Medical to his PGP application as well? Anyone knows same situation like this?