+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
I have a question for family information from. What we need to do for printing in native language script? Do we need to print by pen under same line of English typed names and scan and upload?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Is there a way to convert the supervisa to a work permit? We have been trying for pgp for three years and didn’t get selected and the supervisa insurance cost is too high

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
I tried but that doesn’t allow to paste.
I tried just now and it work for me. For example in additional family information under section A enter full name in English and then next to it paste name in native language ( name you can translate using google translator and copy) I wish I can send you screen shot

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Is there a way to convert the supervisa to a work permit? We have been trying for pgp for three years and didn’t get selected and the supervisa insurance cost is too high
I believe there is no such thing as "converting" one visa to another, your have to apply for the visa you want. That said, you'd need to apply for work permit for your parents...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There is no "conversion". If one of your parents qualified for a closed work permit with LMIA, then go for that route.
It's un-related to supervisa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not unless your parents have a job offer with approved LMIA that proves no Canadian or PR could be hired, only your parents. Then with LMIA, your parents apply for a closed work permit. They need to show experience to do the job so they need employment letters, possibly ECA for education and IELTS.

Reactions: YVR123

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
I have submitted my parents pgp application last week. My wife is my co-signer. She has applied for name change on citizenship certificate. Her application is under process. I believe after the name change she will get new citizenship certificate with new certificate number. I can't update that with IRCC until I get the application number. Will this cause any issue in rejection of the application?

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
I have submitted my parents pgp application last week. My wife is my co-signer. She has applied for name change on citizenship certificate. Her application is under process. I believe after the name change she will get new citizenship certificate with new certificate number. I can't update that with IRCC until I get the application number. Will this cause any issue in rejection of the application?
Worsecase it will cause a delay, I don't see why it should lead to a rejection.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
I tried just now and it work for me. For example in additional family information under section A enter full name in English and then next to it paste name in native language ( name you can translate using google translator and copy) I wish I can send you screen shot
Hopefully this will work out for me. I was using other apps for translation instead of google. I will try that. Thanks a lot!