+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

raifam

Dec 11, 2011
Hello

I just saw today that we are invited to apply. I checked with our confirmation from 2020.
Last week it didn't show and today I saw it.

Anyways I went thru all folders and never gotten any email for invited to apply.

Hello

I just checked today with my confirmation number and saw that we are invited to apply to sponsor my parents.
But I checked all folders in my email and never gotten the email. Nothing has changed since I submitted the interest to sponsor form.

I send another request with the lost confirmation number form. But I do have my confirmation number

My question is can I start the sponsor and PR form online or do I need to wait for an email by them? Is there a specific link?

I checked 100+ and our confirmation number is selected to apply.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hello

I just saw today that we are invited to apply. I checked with our confirmation from 2020.

Anyways I went thru all folders and never gotten any email for invited to apply.

Hello

I just checked today with my confirmation number and saw that we are invited to apply to sponsor my parents.
But I checked all folders in my email and never gotten the email. Nothing has changed since I submitted the interest to sponsor form.

I send another request with the lost confirmation number form. But I do have my confirmation number

My question is can I start the sponsor and PR form online or do I need to wait for an email by them? Is there a specific link?

Thank you
I don't know if anything has changed but in my time year 2019 you had to include the letter of invitation to the application you send to IRCC.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello

Hello

Thank you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

and check the below

If you were invited to apply, we must receive your application by the deadline shown on your invitation to apply letter.

For the 2022 intake, we emailed you only if you were invited to apply. To make sure you don’t miss our email, do the following:

• Look for our invitation in the same email account you used to submit your interest to sponsor form in 2020.
  • Check your junk and spam folders for our invitation.
  • If we couldn’t send the invitation by email, we sent it by mail to the mailing address you listed when you submitted your interest to sponsor form in 2020. Check your mailbox.
  • If the tool below says you were invited, but you still don’t have the invitation, you can ask for a copy of it using the Find your lost confirmation number tool. You should get an answer within 10 business days.
Check your invitation status by entering your confirmation number in the tool below. We emailed you a confirmation number when we received the interest to sponsor form you submitted in 2020.

Answer a few questions to look up your confirmation number and find out if you’re invited to apply.

If you lost or forgot your confirmation number: Check your invitation status through the Find your lost confirmation number tool. We’ll respond within 10 business days.

What does your confirmation number start with? (required)
See where to find your confirmation number.
Make your selection...A B C D E F 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hello all,

Please I am confused about this section in the application guide - I have my birth certificate and I am including that as proof of relationship. But when I read the guide, it looks like they want the birth certificate of my parents as well. Please can anyone confirm?

Birth certificates
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.
  • If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate.
Just follow the document checklist.

Oct 27, 2022
Hello everyone!

I think I made a mistake... submitted my application this Friday but found out today that Financial evaluation Q#8 (with SIN and Yes) does not need a hand signature, it could have been electronically signed.

How can I rectify this? Is it OK that I hand signed it?

Would there be any impact on the application?

Thanks!

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone!

I think I made a mistake... submitted my application this Friday but found out today that Financial evaluation Q#8 (with SIN and Yes) does not need a hand signature, it could have been electronically signed.

Thanks!
It should be fine. A lot of people have done that (including me).
If it's an issue IRCC will let us know.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
Don't fret, i did the same, the form wasn't allowing me to electronically sign it so I had to hand sign the form.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I have don

I have done the same too , I hope this wont be a issue and we wont have to refill again and waste couple month for this process .
I think and hope it should be okay, I also mentioned it in the letter of explanation that the form will not allow me to sign electronically and I had no option but to hand sign the form.

Oct 27, 2022
Phew

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your quick response.

I think that's what happened with me, I couldn't electronically sign it.

Hopefully it's not an issue, I believe this is the first time IRCC is using digital and paper copy together in PGP.

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Hey Everyone. I am bit confused about the below requirement related to
Photograph specifications

The back of the photo must include:

• the name and date of birth of the person in the photo
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photo was taken;

How do we scan the picture and signature in the back? Any can provide the expert input on this?

Oct 27, 2022
You can upload a digital copy of the face, and a scanned copy with the face and back with detail as follows:

The back of one (1) photograph must:
bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
bear the date the photograph was taken
the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable
There are few answers in this amazing thread! You can search through it, i found the last post on it.

Reactions: nawalasansol

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Hey Everyone. I am bit confused about the below requirement related to
Photograph specifications

The back of the photo must include:

• the name and date of birth of the person in the photo
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photo was taken;

How do we scan the picture and signature in the back? Any can provide the expert input on this?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-spousal-pr-application.738188/page-2#post-9727735

Just in case if any one wants to refer.

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
That’s perfectly fine. My lawyer ask me to print and hand sign. I have submitted application last week.