+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello,
Can I use another email to create an online application for my parents, even though, I indicated my dad's email address on the generic form and on the resume? Please kindly advise. His name address is abcd@gmail.com and I am creating the account with another email as efgh@gmail.com. Would it affect his application?
I keep same email for both i want no mess lol , This is my personal opinion to have same email for every thing so i have one email to check and there is no chance of missing an important email that we received .

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Is there a tracker for folks who are submitting applications ?
I just submitted one and want to track it online if possible.
Link to Tracker: https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/pgp-2022

Please share your current timeline in below format to be added to the tracker or fill the form on the above link:

Sponsored Person:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:

Reactions: testNewPlace

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
Hi everyone
Just going to start application for my mother with no dependents.
Please advise what forms need physical signature from her ?
Can I fill those forms and send through email ? And then later upload them as scanned copy with signature from mom…
Rest I can assume will be digitally signed.

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi everyone
Just going to start application for my mother with no dependents.
Please advise what forms need physical signature from her ?
Can I fill those forms and send through email ? And then later upload them as scanned copy with signature from mom…
Rest I can assume will be digitally signed.
None of the forms require her physical signature.

Only E-sign (By adding full name as per passport).

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
What ? Really??
Is this something new with PGP 2022.
Coz I see people getting their parents sign physically and then uploading scanned copies.

ksandhu22

Nov 24, 2022
Please feel free to post any updates if you have received invitation this year.
Hi,

I got the 'Invitation to Apply Letter' for my mother. She is currently in the US on a tourist visa [but she is an Indian Passport holder] and will be staying there till April. Then she is coming to visit me here in Cananda and will be staying for 6 months.

So while filling IM0008 where it says "Current country of Residence, Status, From, To" what should I enter the US or India??

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi,

I got the 'Invitation to Apply Letter' for my mother. She is currently in the US on a tourist visa [but she is an Indian Passport holder] and will be staying there till April. Then she is coming to visit me here in Cananda and will be staying for 6 months.

So while filling IM0008 where it says "Current country of Residence, Status, From, To" what should I enter the US or India??
Wait for others to comment but I think; it will be the US with Visit/Visitor as the status and the duration "FROM" will be arrival date in US and "TO" the intended day of departure, then you can support with an explanation letter that she's currently visiting till April and will return to India on XYZ bla bla bla

Zion12

Feb 3, 2020
hi to all, i have a question about my application to sponsor my mom which is i got my ITA to sponsor her, when i apply my pr wayback 2017, i have a mistake that i did not put my aunt who is canadian citizen in my application to question 'do you have any relative living inside canada", now i applied my mom and i need to put aunt on additional family information to my moms application as my moms siblings.. is there any person here who experience this? can you answer please.. thank you

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
Hi everyone
Does IMM1344 and IMM5476( rep form) needs physical signature from Principal applicant (mother )???
If yes, do I send via email, get it signed and upload the scanned copy on the portal ??
Please advise how you guys did ?
Thanks in advance e

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi everyone
Does IMM1344 and IMM5476( rep form) needs physical signature from Principal applicant (mother )???
If yes, do I send via email, get it signed and upload the scanned copy on the portal ??
Please advise how you guys did ?
Thanks in advance e
IMM 1344 is to be electronically signed by the principal applicant, sponsor and co-sponsor (if applicable).
No idea about IMM 5476.

Reactions: sofiasofia

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Sponsored Person: Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: Palestinian Refugee (Stateless)
Your Province: AB
Invitation Date: Oct 17, 22
Application Submitted Date: Nov 11, 22

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues

maybelady

Oct 13, 2022
Hello all,

Please I am confused about this section in the application guide - I have my birth certificate and I am including that as proof of relationship. But when I read the guide, it looks like they want the birth certificate of my parents as well. Please can anyone confirm?

Birth certificates
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.
  • If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate.