+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Folks, basic question...just want understand MNI... If main sponsor doesn't meet the MNI requirements can then he or she can include their spouse's income does it gets added to the main sponsor's income or does spouse has to have income to meet MNI?

Example Sponsor -50K + Cosigner-50K= 100K MNI?? does it work like this? or cosigner needs to have income to meet MNI?
Income requirement for PGP is the combined income of the sponsor and the co-signer (spouse).

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi everyone, can parents apply for disability assistance if they become disables before the sponsorship undertaking is over? Or sponsor is expected to take care of that?

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hello all, should the front and back of a parent photo be uploaded separately? Or does the front and back of photo needs be combined in one file? Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, can parents apply for disability assistance if they become disables before the sponsorship undertaking is over? Or sponsor is expected to take care of that?
Sponsors are financially responsible for their parents for 20 years after they land.

Jakedavid007

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hello guys, I am starting to fill the PGP application for my parents. When I add all the information for my father, who is added as a dependent, the status shows as "Missing Information". I checked each field over and over again. Have any of you ran into this? If so, what did you do to solve it?

Jakedavid007

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hello guys, I am starting to fill the PGP application for my parents. When I add all the information for my father, who is added as a dependent, the status shows as "Missing Information". I checked each field over and over again. Have any of you ran into this? If so, what did you do to solve it?
OK. I figured it out. Using Chrome instead of Safari did the trick

Kumar24

Jan 24, 2015
Hello,

Need some help. In 2020, I put in the expression of interest for my parents PR. I got the invite this year. Unfortunately, my dad passed away during this span. But, I am planning to apply PR for my mom.

How do I mention this to the immigration folks?

On a side note, is there a whatsapp group that I could join (PGP 2022) ?

Thanks in advance

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hello,

Need some help. In 2020, I put in the expression of interest for my parents PR. I got the invite this year. Unfortunately, my dad passed away during this span. But, I am planning to apply PR for my mom.

How do I mention this to the immigration folks?

On a side note, is there a whatsapp group that I could join (PGP 2022) ?

Thanks in advance
Sorry to hear about your loss.
You can check Guide 5772, I think there is a mention for a similar scenario.
You can explain the situation in the letter of explanation and include your father's death certificate with the application.

Reactions: Kumar24

Kumar24

Jan 24, 2015
Sorry to hear about your loss.
You can check Guide 5772, I think there is a mention for a similar scenario.
You can explain the situation in the letter of explanation and include your father's death certificate with the application.
Thank you, I will check. Do I need to update IRCC using the webform?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you, I will check. Do I need to update IRCC using the webform?
You do NOT need to update using the webform because you haven't even submitted your application. There is nothing to update.

Honestly, I haven't started filling in the application yet...do I need to create a account for my mom and dad separately? If I create separately for my dad, do I just need to upload the letter of explanation and death certificate? Or do I need to fill in any other forms?
Why do you need to create an account in IRCC for a person that has already passed away.

It's an application for you (sponsor) to sponsor your mother (principle applicant).

Read the guide carefully and try filling in the application forms.

The invitation is for you to sponsor your parent(s). It's not uncommon to pick mother as PA. If you haven't submitted your application, then it's for PGP2022.

Reactions: Kumar24

Kumar24

Jan 24, 2015
You do NOT need to update using the webform because you haven't even submitted your application. There is nothing to update.

Why do you need to create an account in IRCC for a person that has already passed away.

It's an application for you (sponsor) to sponsor your mother (principle applicant).

Read the guide carefully and try filling in the application forms.

The invitation is for you to sponsor your parent(s). It's not uncommon to pick mother as PA. If you haven't submitted your application, then it's for PGP2022.
Got it and makes sense...thank you so much :)

lanreade

Apr 22, 2013
Hello,
Can I use another email to create an online application for my parents, even though, I indicated my dad's email address on the generic form and on the resume? Please kindly advise. His name address is abcd@gmail.com and I am creating the account with another email as efgh@gmail.com. Would it affect his application?

Last edited: