+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I received invitation for my parents and my income meets the requirement 1 out of 3 , shall I submit the application.is there any chance for success
no chance ,the financial requirements are not selective ,even if one year covers the whole period it wont be enough ,too bad not worth applying and going through the stress of waiting for the refusal .

Last edited:

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
For the part of the tax year that he was considered a resident of Canada
he needs to report his world income. World income is income from all sources inside and outside Canada.( that is after he landed, so after October 2018 ,if he was still making money ) . so that covers the part of the comments saying its a fraud ..by law you dont need to ,for new residents for the previous period .
for he second part ,he needs to provide a proof through his notice of assessment ,and this is my confusion how can he prove it if its not in the NOA ?
and when he communicated with IRCC was it with supporting documents !! what are the documents in that case .and two weeks ago a refusal and then today medical !! a big glitch here in the system ,if he doesnt qualify ...he doesnt qualify .its not the communication stating that he had other income that changed the case for not eligible to accepted ,its a glitch
There is nothing like new residents/immigrants do not need to declare income before landing/coming to Canada.

If one is a tax resident (has his/her foot on Canadian soil for more than 182 days), s/he has to file tax declaring all the incomes in a given year (gross income) and has to pay tax in his/her net income (gross income - deductions). However, there is few exceptions, such as if you earn in US or a country with which Canada has some tax treaty. The above info was given to me in 2009 by an officer, and was/is consistent with CRA guide, who issued me a study permit at the airport.

Now coming back to the issue that is being discussed, if the OP was not a tax resident then in my understanding her/his world income is not taxable and is not counted for PGP sponsorship. This is true for any kind of non taxable income, earn in or out of Canada, for example scholarship, stipend etc.

nirvanas

Oct 17, 2022
Hi, My birth certificate is in native language with my nick name (different from name on passport/application).
- What do I need to do in this case?
- What other documents (in place of birth certificate) can I submit as relationship proof between me and my father?
- If I need to get a translation, any good translation service you recommend in GTA - I live in Halton Hills.
- I have old affidavits (created in 2010) for this birth certificate in English. Will that work?

harn61

Nov 12, 2014
Hi, i got invitation for my mother on Oct 17th .. really relieved when i got that email. Have couple of questions if someone can help out.

1. I applied for her super visa just a week before i got the PGP invitation. I emailed on IRCC webform to cancel her supervisa application but no response. Shall i cancel considering my mother already has Visitor visa. (note: i applied for supervisa since i was sure that PGP invitation email would not come :) ). I can use that 3000+ CAD which i bought for Supervisa insurance for some other purpose.

2. My mother is in our home country and will be back in early December to Canada on her visitor status. Shall i wait for her to come back for the signatures and stuff and then submit the application. I am asking this since the application is for 23k but they will only accept 15k so i presume it will be first come first serve. I am afraid not to be missed if 15k limit is reached. (per email the deadline is dec 24th)

thank you.

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi Everyone
Confused what to add to my mother's resume, she is a housewife, not worked
Full History from the age of 18 to present...
Education

Employment (if she has never worked, just put the date since when she turned 18 till present - Unemployed)

Travel History (International)

Meenubarpagga

Oct 27, 2017
Full History from the age of 18 to present...
Education

Employment (if she has never worked, just put the date since when she turned 18 till present - Unemployed)

Travel History (International)
She had a lengthy travel history as she made trip to england and usa 3-4 times. Do i have to include everything

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I received invitation for my parents. My parents are still legally married, but they live apart. I am only planning to sponsor my mother, and I am not sure what to select for the Marital and relationship status of my mother (Married or separated) in form IMM 008 and the other forms as well. Any ideas?
Also, I am wondering despite I am only sponsoring my mother, my father requires medical examination. Thanks!

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hello everyone, I received invitation for my parents. My parents are still legally married, but they live apart. I am only planning to sponsor my mother, and I am not sure what to select for the Marital and relationship status of my mother (Married or separated) in form IMM 008 and the other forms as well. Any ideas?
Also, I am wondering despite I am only sponsoring my mother, my father requires medical examination. Thanks!
Your situation is well explained in the application guide 5772
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#pay

I short, both of your parents are counted towards counting family members, and both has to go through medical test and also fill form .. for detail, please read the guide.

Reactions: NaCanada2016