+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
hey group, for form IMM 5768,

• For employment history for last 3 tax years, which from and to date format to use?
    Option 1:

OR

Option 2:
  • The signature must be in blue ink or black ink?
Also, do we have to upload parent's education certificates and work experience letters as supporting documents?
I missed signature part. As the form does not support to write your name, I used acrobat's "fill and sign" feature to write names of the sponsor (my partner) and the co-signer (mine) in Section 8 and 14, respectively.

Someone mentioned, yesterday afaik, you can find a post in this thread, that acrobat pro allows you to write your name and you can have a free trial version for 7 days.

I intentionally did not print, signed and scan the form. If you read the guide (5772) it specifically mention the following

Forms for the sponsor to complete
The sponsor must fill out the following PDF forms below and;

• electronically sign the forms unless advised to print them and sign by hand
  • give electronic copies of the signed forms to the person you’re sponsoring
  • the person you’re sponsoring (principal applicant) will
    • upload them to their online application
    • electronically sign for the entire application, including those of any other family members

And in the section for 5768, it specifically suggested the following for Sections 8 (and 14)

Question 8
If you check “Yes,” type your social insurance number (SIN) and electronically sign and date the statement to give IRCC consent to collect your SIN to ask for your income tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 years immediately before the date of the application. Your tax information will be used to determine if you meet the income requirements) to sponsor a parent or grandparent.

Moreover, even though the context is different, IRCC suggest not to scan the form until it is not necessary. It could be one the reason for the system to not to accept the pdf, you can find more detail in this FAQ-link, you find the following which is relevant

To avoid getting an error:

• Leave the UCI field empty if this is the first time you are applying or if you don’t remember your Client ID.
  • Make sure you are eligible to apply. Example: You can’t extend or change your status if it has been more than 90 days since your previous one expired.
  • Don’t upload a scanned version of the application form. When you apply online, you don’t need to physically sign the form.
  • Try uploading the form using the latest version of Internet Explorer or Safari.
  • Review your information and make sure your documents are not expired.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dpatel08

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I missed signature part. As the form does not support to write your name, I used acrobat's "fill and sign" feature to write names of the sponsor (my partner) and the co-signer (mine) in Section 8 and 14, respectively.

Someone mentioned, yesterday afaik, you can find a post in this thread, that acrobat pro allows you to write your name and you can have a free trial version for 7 days.

I intentionally did not print, signed and scan the form. If you read the guide (5772) it specifically mention the following

Forms for the sponsor to complete
The sponsor must fill out the following PDF forms below and;

• electronically sign the forms unless advised to print them and sign by hand
  • give electronic copies of the signed forms to the person you’re sponsoring
  • the person you’re sponsoring (principal applicant) will
    • upload them to their online application
    • electronically sign for the entire application, including those of any other family members

And in the section for 5768, it specifically suggested the following for Sections 8 (and 14)

Question 8
If you check “Yes,” type your social insurance number (SIN) and electronically sign and date the statement to give IRCC consent to collect your SIN to ask for your income tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 years immediately before the date of the application. Your tax information will be used to determine if you meet the income requirements) to sponsor a parent or grandparent.

Moreover, even though the context is different, IRCC suggest not to scan the form until it is not necessary. It could be one the reason for the system to not to accept the pdf, you can find more detail in this FAQ-link, you find the following which is relevant

To avoid getting an error:

• Leave the UCI field empty if this is the first time you are applying or if you don’t remember your Client ID.
  • Make sure you are eligible to apply. Example: You can’t extend or change your status if it has been more than 90 days since your previous one expired.
  • Don’t upload a scanned version of the application form. When you apply online, you don’t need to physically sign the form.
  • Try uploading the form using the latest version of Internet Explorer or Safari.
  • Review your information and make sure your documents are not expired.
Now i am worried because we signed it manually and uploaded the file . I didn't thought about buying that free Adobe and sign it :/

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Now i am worried because we signed it manually and uploaded the file . I didn't thought about buying that free Adobe and sign it :/
Do not worry .. many people have done that. It is IRCC's fault that they made a form with technical bug, they should accept it. You did what you could have done the best.

And also, may be what you have done is the correct way to do. May be what I am doing is not or also is one way to do it correctly. Now you have submit it do not think too much.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
How do you write names when they asked for native language also.

5669 allows separate fields/spaces for principal applicant and spouse to type name in native. But for parents and in 5406 there are no separate space/field. So my understanding, is you need to write names in the same space/field.

I am doing like this

When first name is asked: FirstName_ENG (in Native: FirstName_Nat)
When last name is asked: LastName_ENG (in Native: LastName_Nat)
When (full) name is asked: FirstName_ENG LastName_ENG (in Native: FirstName_Nat LastName_Nat)

Any other idea, please share?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
How do you write names when they asked for native language also.

5669 allows separate fields/spaces for principal applicant and spouse to type name in native. But for parents and in 5406 there are no separate space/field. So my understanding, is you need to write names in the same space/field.

I am doing like this

When first name is asked: FirstName_ENG (in Native: FirstName_Nat)
When last name is asked: LastName_ENG (in Native: LastName_Nat)
When (full) name is asked: FirstName_ENG LastName_ENG (in Native: FirstName_Nat LastName_Nat)

Any other idea, please share?
From couple of video that i have watched , They recommended to Use the google translate . I used First Name Last Name ( Full name in English ) i left a space and then i paste the Name that i copy from Google translate .

Reactions: happyCanadian

okmateus

Jan 30, 2018
Hi all, this is my situation:
I applied for my mom last year and she was drawn!
So I sent all paperwork and received a letter 2 weeks ago saying she is not eligible.
Because we immigrated to Canada in October of 2018, our income for 2018 was 28k, which is less than the minimum required of 40K...
However, we made more than 120k for 2019 and 2020...
I sent a question immediately asking if we can use our income from 2018 which we made before coming to Canada... no response.
20mins ago I received a letter from IRCC requesting medical examinations!!

Has anybody been through a similar situation??

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So I sent all paperwork and received a letter 2 weeks ago saying she is not eligible.
Because we immigrated to Canada in October of 2018, our income for 2018 was 28k, which is less than the minimum required of 40K...
I sent a question immediately asking if we can use our income from 2018 which we made before coming to Canada... no response.

Thanks
This is the first time I heard of this. Keep us posted on the progress.

Reactions: happyCanadian

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Provide your employment history, including periods of unemployment, for the last 3 consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Make sure that you do not leave any gaps in time. If you have additional employment history from the end of the last taxation year up until the present, include that as well. Record your total gross income for each period of employment.

Can someone explain this for me?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

Thanks
Tyr to post this Question in 2021 PGP Group may be some one will have better answer .

Situation sounds complicated .

Just to be on safe side I would recommend to have the reassessment done for 2018 tax year before IRCC mark you as Ineligible ( But then you may end up owing tax to CRA plus penalty for not disclosing the world income ) and mean while get the medical done and call and let them know that your Tax file for 2018 is under reassessment and you forget to provide the Out of Country income , Hope fully they will accept , Sounds Complicated but i don't see any other way .

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021

Thanks
This case is an interesting case and could a reference to many, who submitted interest to sponsor, despite being ineligible, knowingly or unknowingly, and gotten invitation to sponsor their parents/grandparents.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Tyr to post this Question in 2021 PGP Group may be some one will have better answer .

Situation sounds complicated .

Just to be on safe side I would recommend to have the reassessment done for 2018 tax year before IRCC mark you as Ineligible ( But then you may end up owing tax to CRA plus penalty for not disclosing the world income ) and mean while get the medical done and call and let them know that your Tax file for 2018 is under reassessment and you forget to provide the Out of Country income , Hope fully they will accept , Sounds Complicated but i don't see any other way .
Just trying to understand if this is not a tax fraud?

I am not an accountant and just asking a genuine question. This case to me is like hiding income to avoid tax and only declaring it when you know you can get benefit.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Just trying to understand if this is not a tax fraud?

I am not an accountant and just asking a genuine question. This case to me is like hiding income to avoid tax and only declaring it when you know you can get benefit.
Okmateus is intended to add income before immigrating to Canada which they earned back home. Which may not be a big issue.

Last edited:

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Okmateus is intended to add income before immigrating to Canada which they earned back home. Which may not be an big issue.
But shouldn’t that be reported on 2019, when tax for year 2018 was filed.

Not reporting then, in 2018, and avoid paying tax, and reporting now, in 2022-23, when you realize that it might help one to be eligible to sponsor parents/grandparents could be deemed as tax fraud, isn’t it?

However, my assumption might be wrong is/he forgot then report then or was not aware that international income has to be reported.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Because we immigrated to Canada in October of 2018, our income for 2018 was 28k, which is

Not reporting then, in 2018, and avoid paying tax, and reporting now, in 2022-23, when you realize that it might help one to be eligible to sponsor parents/grandparents could be deemed as tax fraud, isn’t it?

However, my assumption might be wrong is/he forgot then report then or was not aware that international income has to be reported.
Income earned before immigration is not taxable in Canada but only in country of origin, however it is considered for calculating Canada Child Benefits,GST Credit etc. So there is big doubt IRCC counts income earned before immigration.

Last edited:

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011

For the part of the tax year that he was considered a resident of Canada
he needs to report his world income. World income is income from all sources inside and outside Canada.( that is after he landed, so after October 2018 ,if he was still making money ) . so that covers the part of the comments saying its a fraud ..by law you dont need to ,for new residents for the previous period .
for he second part ,he needs to provide a proof through his notice of assessment ,and this is my confusion how can he prove it if its not in the NOA ?
and when he communicated with IRCC was it with supporting documents !! what are the documents in that case .and two weeks ago a refusal and then today medical !! a big glitch here in the system ,if he doesnt qualify ...he doesnt qualify .its not the communication stating that he had other income that changed the case for not eligible to accepted ,its a glitch