+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
I am applying for my parents sponsorship

i have few doubts and i will really appreciate help from this forum

1. I am Permanent resident and i have on elder sister who is married in India. Should i Include myself and my sister in IMM008. Since the form says to list all family members even if they are Canadian PR or citizens
2. Do I need to fill Use of representative form if I am helping my parents fill the forms.
3. My parents have visitor visa which we applied 5 years back via paper application. We dont remember if we filled the Family Information (Parents brother sister information ) that time. Should we fill the information now with PR application ? Will it cause any issue in future ?

elvin_91

Nov 23, 2017
Azerbaijan
Hello everyone, i managed only to read 10 pages but didnt find answer to below question:

Will they open the interest to sponsor form submission for next years soon? Or nothing like that will happen?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello everyone, i managed only to read 10 pages but didnt find answer to below question:

Will they open the interest to sponsor form submission for next years soon? Or nothing like that will happen?
Too too early to start the conversation about this subject now ,maybe close to 11 month to a year before we know .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

May be in Oct next year they will open or use the same old pool , they have not disclose any update yet so any thing can happen .

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I am applying for my parents sponsorship

i have few doubts and i will really appreciate help from this forum

1. I am Permanent resident and i have on elder sister who is married in India. Should i Include myself and my sister in IMM008. Since the form says to list all family members even if they are Canadian PR or citizens
2. Do I need to fill Use of representative form if I am helping my parents fill the forms.
3. My parents have visitor visa which we applied 5 years back via paper application. We don't remember if we filled the Family Information (Parents brother sister information ) that time. Should we fill the information now with PR application ? Will it cause any issue in future ?
1. No , you do not include yourself and your sister in IMM 0008. This form says include all dependent . So if father is Principal applicant then add Month as Dependent and in some cases child is also added but they must be dependent . Check out the definition of Dependent.

2. If you are helping to fill form then fill out the "Use of Rep" form so Office can contact you if they need any additional information . Better to do it now instead of doing it later when they contact your parents for additional info and you wont have authority to talk to them . So i recommend to fill out this form so all inquiries comes to you instead of your parents .

3 I also applied visa for my parents few years back and i remember they did ask me to provide the information of brother and sister of both parents . So this time you will have to enter all the required information . IMM5406 Additional Family Information . I think they only ask name of brother sister and date of birth and address . they don't ask any other details .

Reactions: YVR123

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hello all,

I recently got an Invitation from IRCC to apply PR for my parents under Parents/Grandparents Program, I expressed interest in 2020. According to their document checklist, I need to provide them the Marrige Certificate of my Indian Parents too. Now the issue is my parents got married 40 years ago In INDIA and it was a traditional ceremony which is very common practice backhome and marriage was never registered with any of the govt. authorities that time. So as of now there is no legal document that proves that my parents are married in other words (other than on back of their passports they have one another’s names printed off under spouse column and my birth certificate also has both of my parents name on it). Presently my mother is visiting me in Canada until next year whereas my dad is in India. How I can get their mariage certificate while One parent is in Canada and another one is in India? If it’s possible to get then what steps should I need to follow? If it’s not possible then is there any alternative way in replacement to a marriage certificate e.g. Common-Law Declaration if their marriage wasn’t legal even though it was traditional ceremony only??
Any input/suggestions would highly be appreciated. Thanks :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I recently got an Invitation from IRCC to apply PR for my parents under Parents/Grandparents Program, I expressed interest in 2020. According to their document checklist, I need to provide them the Marrige Certificate of my Indian Parents too. Now the issue is my parents got married 40 years ago In INDIA and it was a traditional ceremony which is very common practice backhome and marriage was never registered with any of the govt. authorities that time. So as of now there is no legal document that proves that my parents are married in other words (other than on back of their passports they have one another’s names printed off under spouse column and my birth certificate also has both of my parents name on it). Presently my mother is visiting me in Canada until next year whereas my dad is in India. How I can get their mariage certificate while One parent is in Canada and another one is in India? If it’s possible to get then what steps should I need to follow? If it’s not possible then is there any alternative way in replacement to a marriage certificate e.g. Common-Law Declaration if their marriage wasn’t legal even though it was traditional ceremony only??
Any input/suggestions would highly be appreciated. Thanks :)
Write a letter of explanation and see what happens.

Oct 27, 2022
Hi- I see a important note on the checklist - "If you cannot provide one or more documents required by this checklist, you must upload a written explanation for each missing document. Submit any additional information under the section "other" in your online application.

Is this mean I must write a "letter to explain" if I the situation doesn't apply to me? EX. My parents never joined the military so 10. Details of military experience doesn't apply to them.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi- I see a important note on the checklist - "If you cannot provide one or more documents required by this checklist, you must upload a written explanation for each missing document. Submit any additional information under the section "other" in your online application.

Is this mean I must write a "letter to explain" if I the situation doesn't apply to me? EX. My parents never joined the military so 10. Details of military experience doesn't apply to them.
If they never joined the military, they are not REQUIRED to provide that document. Thus you do not need to explain.

The instruction is for things like marriage certificate (which is not "optionally" if the parents are married)

Reactions: createwealth4kiwi

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Can someone please summarize the signature requirement for each forms?

Thanks in advance!
All forms are to be signed Electronical ( Basically you need to write the name as per passport in signature line ) Also if the form does not have a signature line then its normal because you will get the Option of Electronic/Digital Signature at the end when submitting the application that signoff all the forms.

The only form that cannot be signed electronically is IMM 5768 Financial Evaluation . So you can print out this form and then upload the PDF file after signature is done , I believe signature should be in Black Ink

Oct 27, 2022
My Dad was sent by his employer to work in Africa during 2006-2008. In the CV, I disclosed the employer and location, do I need write status(work visa/visitor visa) on CV as well? He had work visa on his business passport which had expired. Do I need to scan the business passport and include in other document?

Thank you in advance.

Oct 27, 2022
All forms are to be signed Electronical ( Basically you need to write the name as per passport in signature line ) Also if the form does not have a signature line then its normal because you will get the Option of Electronic/Digital Signature at the end when submitting the application that signoff all the forms.

The only form that cannot be signed electronically is IMM 5768 Financial Evaluation . So you can print out this form and then upload the PDF file after signature is done , I believe signature should be in Black Ink
Thank you for the rely! Just want to clarify IMM 5768 Financial Evaluation, I thought this one can also be signed electronically? Here's what I found on the guideline.

"If you check “Yes,” type your social insurance number (SIN) and electronically sign and date the statement to give IRCC consent to collect your SIN to ask for your income tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 years immediately before the date of the application. "