+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Yh but 2021 pgp shows 12 months processing... anyway lets share timeline incase
i hope they do this in 12 months . Yea i think most people will share once they get any kind of communicating from Processing office . Finger crossed .

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Please for those that have applied for the 2022 pgp , please share your timeline and if any updates. Thanks
Almost prepared the application package. Working on checking for any errors or typos, hopefully we will submit sometime this week. I will update here the timeline, once we apply.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
You need to provide Gross income . I would say if you employment has change they you do need to break down , like from this date to this date you were unemployed . And provide the amount that you get . CERB benefits do gets counted towards income but you need to provide time line .
If you have change the employer then you do need to use 2 rows
I did not separate row for new born baby but i did mentioned in the row that my family size change , for example Baby was born in 2020 so i indicated family size as 4 in 2019 and for 2020 i used 5 ( Even if they count me 5 for all 3 years i am not worried but seems like they do want to see your family size .
That means I need to put T4 gross income besides each employer per tax year right? If I have been employed by same employer for more than one year then again I need to put in separate row.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
That means I need to put T4 gross income besides each employer per tax year right? If I have been employed by same employer for more than one year then again I need to put in separate row.
I worked for the same employer for last 4 years so i looked at my T4 from CRA website . and entered the gross amount . If you do not have any other income then you can take the amount from the T4

Reactions: Aryan2015

SurenAdoni

Oct 31, 2022
Guys, My parents are born in 1940 and 1944, they do not have a birth certificate. is anyone in the same situation? My parents are not in India now, so getting a "Non Availability of Birth Certificate" from the local municipal corporation in India is not possible. What is accepted by IRCC in this situation?

abdels3

May 9, 2015
Hi,

The context: My sister was in Canada back in 2018 as a visitor and while staying here we applied for student permit, her permit got rejected but we applied again, during that time her status expired (stayed over 6 months), but we assumed wrongly that she had implied status. After consulting with lawyer and they explained how she had no status anymore, we planned for her to return and as such she did. I got the invitation for the PGP22 and she is a dependant.

The question: On IMM0008 they ask about countries you stayed in for +6months in last 5 years, how do I best explain this situation there? Also, will harm our chances of getting my parents through the PGP?

abdels3

May 9, 2015
I do not recall if I had my wife as a co-signer or not on my intent form. I am capable of sponsoring my parents on my own, is it risky to not add my wife as a co-signer despite there being a chance I added her on the form?

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
You can put either one as PA. I consider first their flexibility to travel, and proof of relationship, rather than their merits(education bg and personal financial etc). You are sponsoring them both so they don't need to prove on that aspect.
Flexibility to travel: PA needs to land first. so if father has unfinished business in home country and mother has a more flexible schedule, you can put mother as PA. There have been some very unfortunate events when one parent deceased during the process. If the parent passed away is PA, dependant can not land until IRCC fix the dependant as PA.
proof of relationship: IRCC will need 1. proof of relationship to PA, and 2. proof of relationship between PA and spouse. Sometimes you can use one document to prove both, but they are fine to accept two pieces of documents, one for each. It looks like designate your mother as PA will possibly save some hussle. They will only look at relationship between you and PA.
I'll put another example, say if one's parents divorced and father remarried, the sponsor can sponsor the family of father and step-mother. So father has to be PA. Why? because you won't be able to provide proof of relationship to step-mother if she is designated as PA. Will they look at relationship between PA and sponsor? of course. Will they look at relationship between PA and spouse? yes. WIll they look at relationship between sponsor and spouse/dependant of PA? NO. The same applies to sponsoring biological parents as a family. You have the flexibility to designate PA, and use it to your advantage.
Thank you very much. Much much appreciated. Bless you.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
It's up to you if you want to put your mom or your dad as the PA (and the other as dependent). What you put in there seem logical to put your mom as PA and dad as dependent. Do not get the terminology dependent throw you off. Your dad doesn't have to really depend on your mom economically or physically to be included as dependent in a PGP sponsorship application.
Thank you very much.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
One Affidavit should be good enough , My dad name on his passport is different than birth certificate so I had to get Affidavit done , In India its quick and easy . I don't see any problem if you keep your mom as principal applicant but lets see what others has to say .
Thank you for your kind response. I have got exact idea from three super helpful members.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
It's up to you if you want to put your mom or your dad as the PA (and the other as dependent). What you put in there seem logical to put your mom as PA and dad as dependent. Do not get the terminology dependent throw you off. Your dad doesn't have to really depend on your mom economically or physically to be included as dependent in a PGP sponsorship application.
Thank you very much, with all you and other members knowledge sharing, I started doing application now.

Reactions: YVR123

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
This is so BS that the people who did not apply in 2020 are not able to apply for 2 years in a row - 2021 and 2022, absolutely BS
This could keep on dragging until they are done with this bucket ,if im not wrong they had 155,000 left for this year and when they say they will select 15000 they finish by selecting 20000 ( no stats here but what we hear )
Guys, My parents are born in 1940 and 1944, they do not have a birth certificate. is anyone in the same situation? My parents are not in India now, so getting a "Non Availability of Birth Certificate" from the local municipal corporation in India is not possible. What is accepted by IRCC in this situation?
check this information
Consulate general of India,Toronto

This is not a Birth Certificate but a Certificate of the Date of Birth. Applicants are advised to check the acceptability of this Certificate with the authorities before obtaining this Certificate.
Application for certificate of birth is accepted through the outsourced ageny BLS International.
Requirements :
  • Duly filled in application form (Click here).
  • Current/expired Indian passport with valid immigration papers in original, address proof and a photocopy.
  • Fees: C$ 31 + C$ 3 (Consular surcharge) + C$ 7.40 (BLS charges) including tax.

Where to submit application
:
Applications for passport services can be deposited at any of these Centres, depending on the convenience of the applicant. The addresses of these centres are given below:
1. Toronto BLS Centre-1448 Lawrence Avenue East, Unit 6A, Toronto, ON M4A 2V6, Canada. Phone: +1-416 307 2237 ;Website: www.blsindia-canada.com
2. Brampton BLS Centre-20 Gillingham Drive, Unit 701,Brampton, ON L6X 5A5, Canada.Phone: +1-416 307 2237 ;Website: www.blsindia-canada.com
3. Winnipeg BLS Centre-1770 King Edward Street, Winnipeg, MB , R2R 0M5, Canada.Phone: +1-204-285-3985, Website: www.blsindia-canada.com
The Consulate has not appointed or authorized any other agency or individual agent to render any passport service on behalf of Consulate other than M/S BLS International

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
My understanding is that your (sponsor's) birth certificate is required to establish the relationship between the sponsor and the parents.

Reactions: YVR123

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
You require birth certificate of parents as well and if you do not have birth certificate then you need to get an Affidavit . check with local lawyer .
May be the more precise statement, in my understanding, is:

If a sponsor is sponsoring her/his parents, then sponsor's birth certificate is enough. However, if grandparents are being sponsored then mother/father/parent's birth certificate has to be included. Please refer, bullet 4 of Supporting Documents - Part A of the document checklist.

In case of missing birth certificate, you can refer Guide 5772, below is the excerpt for the reference form the guide

Birth certificates
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.
  • If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate.
    • If you are sponsoring the mother/father of your mother/father, you must include a photocopy of your mother/father’s birth certificate, to clearly show the relationship between the two of you.

Reactions: dpatel08