+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Appreciate any help regarding above.
It's up to you if you want to put your mom or your dad as the PA (and the other as dependent). What you put in there seem logical to put your mom as PA and dad as dependent. Do not get the terminology dependent throw you off. Your dad doesn't have to really depend on your mom economically or physically to be included as dependent in a PGP sponsorship application.

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Okay guys .. I found a workaround .. please comments if needed. It seems like the pdf has problem if we select Canada/US telephone or alternate telephone number. There are two options:

• You can keep this section blank and put only email address. Then problem is gone, we am thinking to do this, and explain the situation in the explanation letter. In the explanation letter, my wife (spnsor) will also mention my number with the issue. OR
  • You can choose "other" then put 001 in the country code. But in my opinion this is not a proper way, as you can't make a call to 001-(area code)- xxx-xxxx
Please share if you have any better workaround.
I removed all the phone numbers for both sponsor and co-signor (since its not a required field) and added only email addresses for both. The form is fine now and Validation Status has remained to "Yes".

Reactions: happyCanadian

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I removed all the phone numbers for both sponsor and co-signor (since its not a required field) and added only email addresses for both. The form is fine now and Validation Status has remained to "Yes".
This is exactly what i have done , i was also getting weird error message about the code of Country so i also removed the phone number and leave it blank and in letter of explanation i gave them the phone number just in case if they have to call my wife for some reason , Phone number that i entered under my info worked fine but for my wife info it did not . so i remove it , Not a required field so you can leave it blank .

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I have the same issue like yours. Did you find any alternative solutions?
I am planning to do an affidavit and show my school certificates and other proofs to establish my relationship. Also my parents have US and Canada visitor visa, I have both those letter of invite. If you are born after 26-Jan-1989 then birth certificate is mandatory by Indian law. I was born earlier before it was mandated by Indian govt.

For marriage seems it is not mandatory, my parents have a lot of documents right from their marriage to establish it

Finally fingers crossed, I am confident that it will be approved. I have done some research and asked experts, Canada immigration has tie ups with a lot of govt agencies in India. Within a matter of minutes that could know all history and geography of an applicant.

Reactions: Aryan2015

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
My father in law is currently in Canada until mid December, since Sept. In the travel section, what shall I write (From, To, Duration)

Sept - Dec - XX
OR
Sept - Present - YY

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, can I keep my mother as pricipal applicant, though both are retired, however my dad gets pension and he is literate. I prefer my Mother as Principal, as her name is exactly same in her and my passport, but my Dad's name in his passport is Abdur and in my passport and school leaving and all my documents by mistake is says Abdul, I got OCI, My PR, My moms visit visa, citizenship and passport all with this one letter spelling difference, any suggestions for PGP application would be helpful.
You can put either one as PA. I consider first their flexibility to travel, and proof of relationship, rather than their merits(education bg and personal financial etc). You are sponsoring them both so they don't need to prove on that aspect.
Flexibility to travel: PA needs to land first. so if father has unfinished business in home country and mother has a more flexible schedule, you can put mother as PA. There have been some very unfortunate events when one parent deceased during the process. If the parent passed away is PA, dependant can not land until IRCC fix the dependant as PA.
proof of relationship: IRCC will need 1. proof of relationship to PA, and 2. proof of relationship between PA and spouse. Sometimes you can use one document to prove both, but they are fine to accept two pieces of documents, one for each. It looks like designate your mother as PA will possibly save some hussle. They will only look at relationship between you and PA.
I'll put another example, say if one's parents divorced and father remarried, the sponsor can sponsor the family of father and step-mother. So father has to be PA. Why? because you won't be able to provide proof of relationship to step-mother if she is designated as PA. Will they look at relationship between PA and sponsor? of course. Will they look at relationship between PA and spouse? yes. WIll they look at relationship between sponsor and spouse/dependant of PA? NO. The same applies to sponsoring biological parents as a family. You have the flexibility to designate PA, and use it to your advantage.

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
I have a question regarding filling 5768e form- employment history. It tells to provide 3 consecutive tax years preceding application date. Last 2 columns in table are for Gross income/Benefits for periods and family size.

Question
1) what kinds of benefits need to consider here? I mean they are for EI/CERB kind of things only or Group insurance claimed benefits too?

2) Do we need to separate in two rows if we have changed employer in particular year?

3) If new born baby in particular year then also need to separate row after DOB.?

Thanks!

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I have a question regarding filling 5768e form- employment history. It tells to provide 3 consecutive tax years preceding application date. Last 2 columns in table are for Gross income/Benefits for periods and family size.

Question
1) what kinds of benefits need to consider here? I mean they are for EI/CERB kind of things only or Group insurance claimed benefits too?

2) Do we need to separate in two rows if we have changed employer in particular year?

3) If new born baby in particular year then also need to separate row after DOB.?

Thanks!
You need to provide Gross income . I would say if you employment has change they you do need to break down , like from this date to this date you were unemployed . And provide the amount that you get . CERB benefits do gets counted towards income but you need to provide time line .
If you have change the employer then you do need to use 2 rows
I did not separate row for new born baby but i did mentioned in the row that my family size change , for example Baby was born in 2020 so i indicated family size as 4 in 2019 and for 2020 i used 5 ( Even if they count me 5 for all 3 years i am not worried but seems like they do want to see your family size .