+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

canada88

Oct 19, 2014
Hi All,

I have a basic question. I just got an invitation email for my parents sponsorship.
My question is:
I requested to sponsor my parents in 2020 with my email when the pool was open. Can I apply for my parents and create an account for them with the same email that I used for initial request for parents sponsorship?
or my parents have to have a different email and apply directly?

Thank you all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have a basic question. I just got an invitation email for my parents sponsorship.
My question is:
I requested to sponsor my parents in 2020 with my email when the pool was open. Can I apply for my parents and create an account for them with the same email that I used for initial request for parents sponsorship?
or my parents have to have a different email and apply directly?

Thank you all
You should follow the applications details for PGP applications. The information included should match the details you submitted in 2020.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just checked the LICO requirements

Total = 8 people
Me, My Wife, My two Kids, My mom and dad (previously sponsored and now immigrants), father-in-law & mother-in-law.

2021 = $ 77,054
2020 = $ 75,583
2019 = $ 96,048

Ouch for 2019.....
It will be even higher for 2022 and 2023, 2024. The LICO requirements were decreased temporarily only for Covid. If you don’t meet the requirements for 2019 and meet the requirements for 2023 and 2024 which will be slightly higher than 2019 you don’t qualify for PGP.

Reactions: kafepoche

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can send an email or Letter explaining your situation. If its genuine, they will listen. Give it a try. Stay Positive. REMEMBER......You are here on the general Forums for FREE help and having a general idea in a pickle you are in. If you really serious about the Application and you think you are stuck, loose some change and find a good Immigration Lawyer. There are lots.
We have seen many people be denied for a few doLars. Some people seem to get away with not meeting LICO but given that people never should have applied I hope they deny everyone because most people who didn’t qualify followed the rules and never applied. There has to be some consistency.

Reactions: Nishiminami

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have the same issue, my 2019 is falling short but my 2020 and 2021 is well above and so will my 2022 be above requirements. Its just that darned 2019 income! =./
If you do apply while not meeting income for 2019 and they may look back at 2018 and 2017 income and consider whether you just disregarded all the income requirements in 2020. You won’t be able to reapply until this is resolved so you risk waiting years to see if you are approved H&C reasons. There is a good chance you get denied so waste around 3 years not reapplying. There isa reason that they accept 23k application but they on,y think that this will result in 15k applications being accepted.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys, I have a question, I was unable to meet the income requirement in 2019 due to a change in my career, but 2020 & 2021 income is pretty good. Is it a reject or can we write something in explanation reuesting for approval.
Just remember that if you attempt to apply you won’t be able to reapply until your application is resolved. There is a good chance of being denied at the end and you will have missed only years of not being able to apply. If they accepted a lot of people who didn’t meet LICO they wouldn’t accept 23k applicants expecting to accept 15k. Did you meet LICO in 2018 and 2019? If you didn’t even more proif that you shouldn’t have applied in 2020. Many people actually followed the income requirements and didn’t apply knowing they didn’t meet LICO for all 3 years so there does have to be some consistency when applying the rules.

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
Before I filled out my interest sponsor form are my parents, my grandma, now just checked the income requirement, if counting me, my father and mother 3 people, I only meet 2020 and 2021. The 2019 is not meet. If counting me, my father, my mother, my grandma, 4 people so not meeting income requirement. So I got the invitation this year and I should just fill the application for my parents exclude my grandma for a better chance to success, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Before I filled out my interest sponsor form are my parents, my grandma, now just checked the income requirement, if counting me, my father and mother 3 people, I only meet 2020 and 2021. The 2019 is not meet. If counting me, my father, my mother, my grandma, 4 people so not meeting income requirement. So I got the invitation this year and I should just fill the application for my parents exclude my grandma for a better chance to success, right?
So you recieved two invitations - one for your parents and one for your grandma? You would have submitted an express of interest in 2020 for your parents and grandma. If not, your grandma is not included and added now. You need to meet LICO for all three years for the number of people in your family/application.

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
So you recieved two invitations - one for your parents and one for your grandma? You would have submitted an express of interest in 2020 for your parents and grandma. If not, your grandma is not included and added now. You need to meet LICO for all three years for the number of people in your family/application.
I received one email with title "Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation", but didn't specified is for my parents or my grandma. I filled out the interest form that had 3 names of them. Then it means 3 of them invited?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received one email with title "Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation", but didn't specified is for my parents or my grandma. I filled out the interest form that had 3 names of them. Then it means 3 of them invited?
In 2020, you would have specified who you were submitting an expression of interest for. In 2020, you would have submitted 2 profiles - one for your parents and one for your grandma. Parents and grandparents are separate applications. You can’t sponsor both unless both got invitations. Seems like you don’t meet LICO for 2019-21 for 3 people - yourself and your parents.

Example 3: Sponsoring your grandparents, your mother and your stepfather
In this situation, you’ll have to submit 2 separate sponsorship applications: 1 per couple.

On your grandparents’ application, you must designate one of them (either your grandmother or your grandfather) as the main applicant, called the principal applicant.

cutiecube

Oct 2, 2019
In 2020, you would have specified who you were submitting an expression of interest for. In 2020, you would have submitted 2 profiles - one for your parents and one for your grandma. Parents and grandparents are separate applications. You can’t sponsor both unless both got invitations. Seems like you don’t meet LICO for 2019-21 for 3 people - yourself and your parents.

Example 3: Sponsoring your grandparents, your mother and your stepfather
In this situation, you’ll have to submit 2 separate sponsorship applications: 1 per couple.

On your grandparents’ application, you must designate one of them (either your grandmother or your grandfather) as the main applicant, called the principal applicant.
Thanks for your explanation. OMG, my interest form (fall, 2020) filled out 3 names of them together. Inside my invitation letter, it said if I sponsor my parents and grandparents, it should be 2 applications, one for my parents, one for my grandma. However, including my grandma I didn't meet LICO. If just fill the application for my parents, I met the LICO for 2020, and 2021. 2019 sadly not meet. So should I try for my parents?

Question: my parents for one application, just pick either my father or mother as principal applicant, right? no need to create 2 principal applicants?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your explanation. OMG, my interest form (fall, 2020) filled out 3 names of them together. Inside my invitation letter, it said if I sponsor my parents and grandparents, it should be 2 applications, one for my parents, one for my grandma. However, including my grandma I didn't meet LICO. If just fill the application for my parents, I met the LICO for 2020, and 2021. 2019 sadly not meet. So should I try for my parents?

Question: my parents for one application, just pick either my father or mother as principal applicant, right? no need to create 2 principal applicants?
If you don‘t meet LICO for 2019 it will be refused for your parents too. You must meet LICO for all three years. Doesn’t matter who is principal applicant, if they apply.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016

sounds like your only option is to apply for 1 person

god, and I was wondering why they send out 23K invitation with the intention to have only 15K applications.
you filled in the interest form KNOWING you don't meet requirements!?