+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You applied in 2020 knowing you didn’t meet the LICO for 2019 so should have never applied for both mothers. A few years have passed but both mothers should never have been on the list.
But why IRCC gave invitation to let them sponsor one parent?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But why IRCC gave invitation to let them sponsor one parent?
Because IRCC trusts people to look up LICO for their family size and compare it to their qualifying income and only apply if they qualify. Unfortunately many still apply when they don’t qualify. If selected whenthey don’t qualify it is swayed spot. Also a reason whyIRCC invites 23k applications although they expect to only accept closer to 15k

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Hello, I got invitation to apply for my parents yesterday. My parents are already in Canada since the last 6 months - my mom is on closed work permit and my dad is her dependant. Will there be any issue with them already in Canada working as they are financially independent? Would it be better for them to go back to india and then apply for pr? Please advise.
confirmation number please

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
My wife got the invitation to apply for her parents and grand parents. I will co-sign the application as my wife doesn't work and she doesn't meet the requirement alone. my salary is more than enough to meet the requirements.
i am wondering if my wife's earning earning will impact the application of my in-laws?
any thoughts/experience in this matter?
Confirmation number please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife got the invitation to apply for her parents and grand parents. I will co-sign the application as my wife doesn't work and she doesn't meet the requirement alone. my salary is more than enough to meet the requirements.
i am wondering if my wife's earning earning will impact the application of my in-laws?
any thoughts/experience in this matter?
You can co-sign to meet LICO for the total number of people in your family including her parents. No impact on the application as you are co-signing and agreeing to the 20-year financial commitment.

amy2008

Aug 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received invitation for my mom in law on Oct 12. Application# starts with 6Dxxxxx.

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
How do I know what ID I had provided when I submitted my interest of sponsor? I know I have to use exactlly the same one now, but l forgot its passport or citizen card.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
How do I know what ID I had provided when I submitted my interest of sponsor? I know I have to use exactlly the same one now, but l forgot its passport or citizen card.
submit both. combine them in one pdf. with a letter of explanation wil be nice.
and remember to take a copy of the online application this time before you submit. it will save you a lot of guess work later on.