+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Any one got the invitation who applied on October 13,2020? every one around us got the invitation, but not us!! wondering if any thing wring with October 13!!

rajinder806

Dec 12, 2014
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-08-2017
i guess!!!
I noticed in your signatures, you were asked to submit both IMM 1283 and IMM 5768, however in 2022 checklist form IMM 1283 is not required. Was it mentioned in 2021 checklist?

rajinder806

Dec 12, 2014
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-08-2017
Any one got the invitation who applied on October 13,2020? every one around us got the invitation, but not us!! wondering if any thing wring with October 13!!
I submitted my interest on Oct 13, 2020 and received invitation on Oct 13, 2022. Confirmation# BE93.... It's just 3rd day, i hope you will get an invite soon.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I got an invitation yesterday E1E.
I also applied for a visa extension last month for my dad. Should I retrieve the visa extension application? Now that we received PR invitation.
It's very important to maintain a valid status as visitor when they are inside Canada, at all times, before they actually become PR. Or they won't pass the eligibility test.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I think this has been already answered somewhere in this forum. I am just trying to verify this. A sponsor sponsoring her parents (Dad and Mom) has a 30+ years old sibling in the home country. In this case;
  1. Among the parents, one is principal applicant and another is accompany dependent; you need to submit all the travel history and family information along with all other forms with the application and need to go through medical ... etc
  2. Sibling who is not accompanying with the parents do not need medical, is not included in the application but has to declare in family information and must provide travel history right and must fill in IMM5699

is this understanding correct?

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
I think this has been already answered somewhere in this forum. I am just trying to verify this. A sponsor sponsoring her parents (Dad and Mom) has a 30+ years old sibling in the home country. In this case;
  1. Among the parents, one is principal applicant and another is accompany dependent; you need to submit all the travel history and family information along with all other forms with the application and need to go through medical ... etc
  2. Sibling who is not accompanying with the parents do not need medical, is not included in the application but has to declare in family information and must provide travel history right and must fill in IMM5699

Hi there, I sponsored my mom & Dad ( Oct 2020 Draw) & they got their PR in March 2022 . My dad was principal applicant and mom was accompanying dependent. But have mentioned my brother's details in the application ( just name /Address /Dob) that's it. He is 35yr old married and settled in Dubai. Only parents need to go through medicals, biometric, PCC etcc.

Reactions: happyCanadian

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Your sibling is over 22 year old. He/she is NOT a dependent. So his/her name needs to be in both PA and PA's spouse's additional family information IMM5645.
So NO travel history needed as he/she is NOT part of the application.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019

Who should be included in the sponsorship application?
The application should include

• the principal applicant who is being sponsored as a parent or grandparent of the sponsor
  • the principal applicant’s spouse (even if separated) or common-law partner
  • the principal applicant’s dependent children from current and previous relationships, whether they are coming to Canada or not
  • the dependent children of the principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner
  • the dependent children of any dependent children included on the application
All the dependent family members, whether accompanying the principal applicant to Canada or not, must be declared on the application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.

In addition, failure to declare dependent family members on the application and have them examined goes against the duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause them to be found inadmissible to Canada.

Note: In the case of a principal applicant who is separated from their spouse, the principal applicant’s separated spouse is considered a “family member”, as per paragraph R1(3)(a), since they are still legally married until they are divorced. However, it should be noted that there could be situations in which subparagraph R5(b)(ii), which details excluded relationships, applies to a foreign national (i.e. the principal applicant). A separated spouse of a foreign national must be counted for the calculation of the MNI unless the spouse has lived separate from the foreign national for at least one year and is the common-law partner of another person. For clarity, either the foreign national (i.e. the principal applicant) or their separated spouse may be the common-law partner of another person.