+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I got an invitation yesterday E1E.
I also applied for a visa extension last month for my dad. Should I retrieve the visa extension application? Now that we received PR invitation.
the PR process might take up to 3 years if not more ,extending the visa wont impact the process just make sure to respect the deadlines .

Reactions: YVR123

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I got initiation to sponsor my mother but the invite pdf mentions my spouse name. Not sure if that is ok. He will be my co-sponsor.

Thanks
H

Reactions: brookingsd

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hi,

I am reading the guide for PGP application, mainly to see how passport should be uploaded. It reads as follow

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

Here, the term "Passports" is used for the principle applicant, and/or accompany dependent(s). I am trying to understand what does that mean. Are we suppose to submit the current valid passport that we will be using to travel Canada, once PR is approved. Or we have to include all the passports that are in our possession, such as expired passport(s), valid passport(s) from other counties, for people with multiple nationalities, other than to be used to travel Canada?

Any comments or experience?

Rany88

Nov 11, 2021
I received an ITA for my parents on October 12th, my confirmation number : C25-----0
I have a question, My father is very sick and he doesnt want me to apply for him, Can I apply for my mother only? or because I registered for both, it has to be both.
Thank you

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I am reading the guide for PGP application, mainly to see how passport should be uploaded. It reads as follow

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

Here, the term "Passports" is used for the principle applicant, and/or accompany dependent(s). I am trying to understand what does that mean. Are we suppose to submit the current valid passport that we will be using to travel Canada, once PR is approved. Or we have to include all the passports that are in our possession, such as expired passport(s), valid passport(s) from other counties, for people with multiple nationalities, other than to be used to travel Canada?

Any comments or experience?
You have to upload valid one for people being sponsored and sponsor and co signer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received an ITA for my parents on October 12th, my confirmation number : C25-----0
I have a question, My father is very sick and he doesnt want me to apply for him, Can I apply for my mother only? or because I registered for both, it has to be both.
Thank you
No, you can’t just include your mother. They both have to be included in the application and both need to pass the medical.

Reactions: YVR123

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Thank you
Yes you can. Your mom can be principle applicant but still you have to fill your father information in application even though he is not going to accompaning her. follow the guide.
follow this link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1538&top=14