+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone previously used a primary applicant's expired passport for the initial application? My father's passport is currently expired and the earliest he would be able to renew it is in June 2023 due to the backlog / financial crisis over there. Would an expired passport / explanation letter suffice for now, or would that deem my application as incomplete?
You’ll need to submit the expired passport with an explanation but there is also a good chance that the application will be returned. If you can on,y get a new passport in June 2023 you’ll need to take a chance and submit the expired passport.

Reactions: JoeB
Oct 13, 2022
Good Morning, i have received a invitation email yesterday for my parents, is that something you can complete the application by yourself without hiring any consultants.

Have any one in the group has done this by himself in the past?

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022
I have received the invitation yesterday. My parents are indian citizen and they are living in Australia on Temporary visa. Can they get the biometric and medical done in Australia when IRCC ask for it.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Good Morning, i have received a invitation email yesterday for my parents, is that something you can complete the application by yourself without hiring any consultants.

Have any one in the group has done this by himself in the past?
yes you can do your know. you don't need to hire anyone. I did for in laws last year. It is pretty simple application. Follow the instruction guide.

Reactions: YVR123

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
When I did interest application in 2020 by mistake I misspelled my email what can I do now any suggestions
Please raise a webform. Do you by chance have the confirmation number, if you do, you can include it.

If you gave us the wrong email address
If you think you may have entered your email address incorrectly in the interest to sponsor form, ask us to update it. We need your correct email address to contact you when we start inviting potential sponsors to submit a complete application.

Oct 13, 2022
yes you can do your know. you don't need to hire anyone. I did for in laws last year. It is pretty simple application. Follow the instruction guide.
i have a question regarding the birth certificate, i have a birth certificate in punjabi which i have translated back in 2017 for different purpose to english, do i have to translated again, so that, the date on the translated certificate is less than 6 months or i can use the same one from 2017?

do you have any insight on this

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
i have a question regarding the birth certificate, i have a birth certificate in punjabi which i have translated back in 2017 for different purpose to english, do i have to translated again, so that, the date on the translated certificate is less than 6 months or i can use the same one from 2017?

do you have any insight on this
Follow this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Very happy to share this good news, my wife received "Invitation" to apply for her parents pr application, at 9:23 am EST. This was via email with detail below:

Matter of the subject line: Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation / L’invitation à présenter une demande dans le cadre du Programme des parents et des grands-parents - CPCM / CTDM #*#*###-##

Sender's email:

CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC <CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC@cic.gc.ca>

In the above subject line #*#*###-## is the confirmation number, # is number and * is alphabet, that we received at the time of submitting our intention to sponsor for pr application.

This has been a long journey, I have tried from 2013 for my father (unfortunately he passed away) and my wife's have been trying since 2015.

Oct 13, 2022
Thank you for the link, and that link has explained my situation

one last question i have is, my parents dont have a marriage certificate, back in 1960's, not sure, if there was marriage certificate or not, there should be more people in that time frame, who doesn't have marriage certificate but on their password under the spouse name, their name is listed on both of my parents passport?

what could be the alternative of this, as the application guide wants to upload a marriage certificate for applicants ?

would you know, in india, if you are from india, can apply for their marriage certificate now?

thanks, much appreciate your help

Yyz1

Oct 13, 2022

one last question i have is, my parents dont have a marriage certificate, back in 1960's, not sure, if there was marriage certificate or not, there should be more people in that time frame, who doesn't have marriage certificate but on their password under the spouse name, their name is listed on both of my parents passport?

what could be the alternative of this, as the application guide wants to upload a marriage certificate for applicants ?

would you know, in india, if you are from india, can apply for their marriage certificate now?

Yes you can can apply for marriage certificate now

Reactions: YVR123

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019

Follow these both link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1540&top=14
https://services.india.gov.in/service/detail/online-application-of-marriage-certificate

Let me know if you have more questions. I will try my best to answer your question. I got so many back and forth document request from IRCC for parents sponsorship so I went to through some situation as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: kafepoche