+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

lakehuron

Nov 29, 2021
I have two interests in the pool. one for my parents and the other one for my inlaws
no luck for 2020. 2021 and today morning lol

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most posting or complaining seem to be unaware that getting selected within one to 2 years of applying for PGP is extremely unusual. Getting selected after 4+ years/attempts is normal. There will always be more applicants than spots. Canada can’t absorb anymore seniors and they can’t absorb anywhere close to the amount who want to come to Canada. I see many suggesting that there should be 50k invitations not 23k. The documents that IRCC puts out leads to a false assumption that people will be able to sponsor their parents after 3 years in Canada and that sponsorship is guaranteed. It would be much better if Canada clarified that parent sponsorship was not guaranteed and that a realistic time frame for parents to receive PR is around 10 years. Many are also unaware that processing time is around 3 years for many so although selected many still have a long wait to go. If Canada was upfront potential immigrants could make a more educated decision when determining whether immigration to Canada was the right option for their family. They would also have plans in place in case their parent(s) didn’t get selected for sponsorship or didn’t qualify (often due to medical reasons). Parent sponsorship with access to public healthcare is extremely uncommon throughout the world.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please share first and last few digits of your confirmation number.
There is no trend. People collected this same data last year and it didn’t help predict who got selected and when they’d be notified. It is random so all you can do is wait and see.

Reactions: cool.sfo

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
There is no trend. People collected this same data last year and it didn’t help predict who got selected and when they’d be notified. It is random so all you can do is wait and see.
Ok I was trying to figure out if there is a trend, last year they selected one series fully and nothing from other series, like my confirmation starts BCXXXXD-20.
Nothing got selected from whole series. I checked when they posted the online tool after draw.

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Today I received invitation for my parents in the morning. Email subject says - Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation / L’invitation à présenter une demande dans le cadre du Programme des parents et des grands-parents - CPCM / CTDM ODXXXXX