+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents/Grandparents police certificates and biometrics requirement.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hello,
I am in process for PGP- Permanent Residence for my mother-in-law. She is from India.
I just received this letter from CIC-Mississauga office to submit additional documents.
Btw, my mother-in-law is currently in Canada on Supervisa.

Following are 2 of the documents I have to submit. I will copy/paste from letter.

Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.

Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:

The country where they currently live, and

Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it.

My 1st question is, she need police certificate from India or Candada? Or both?

My 2nd question is, do I have to submit biometrics or there is a policy exemption for applicants already in Canada? If yes than how to subit biometrics? As far as i know, if i have to submit biometrics, I must pay fee first and they send you a letter with instructions. Is that correct?

Thank you so much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I am in process for PGP- Permanent Residence for my mother-in-law. She is from India.
I just received this letter from CIC-Mississauga office to submit additional documents.
Btw, my mother-in-law is currently in Canada on Supervisa.

Following are 2 of the documents I have to submit. I will copy/paste from letter.

Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.

Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:

The country where they currently live, and

Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it.

My 1st question is, she need police certificate from India or Candada? Or both?

My 2nd question is, do I have to submit biometrics or there is a policy exemption for applicants already in Canada? If yes than how to subit biometrics? As far as i know, if i have to submit biometrics, I must pay fee first and they send you a letter with instructions. Is that correct?

Thank you so much.
1. From India.

2. Yes, she needs to submit biometrics. Exemptions apply to inland applicants. PGP is outland, regardless of whether she is in Canada or not. She must leave Canada to do biometrics.