+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents/Grand Parents Sponsorship

Raj Batra

Jun 28, 2020
I am the Principal applicant for my family sponsorship application. My daughter who is a citizen is the sponsor. Our appeal was approved by IAD on 11th June 20, it was sent to New Delhi IRCC to reopen. Since then we have been waiting for an update or ITA. Is there any one who have been facing a similar issue ❓

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am the Principal applicant for my family sponsorship application. My daughter who is a citizen is the sponsor. Our appeal was approved by IAD on 11th June 20, it was sent to New Delhi IRCC to reopen. Since then we have been waiting for an update or ITA. Is there any one who have been facing a similar issue ❓
Recommend you post your question to the appeals thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-1090

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
In addition to what scylla's reply, this is the only discussion I found related to PGP appeal.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parental-sponsorship-appeal.651926/

saddana

Dec 3, 2014
Back then, we prepared the form, printed them and couriered the ones that need signature to them. Then with the photos and the signed forms, they couriered back. We reviewed them again, arrange them in the right order and sent off the application in 1 package.
Thanks

asadonline167

Jun 7, 2014
I assume you have received an invitation.

It's one application. Pick one of your parents as the primary applicant.
Thanks for the response scylla, I have another question, your help will be highly appreciated.

I have my own corporation and I pay my self and my wife salary from my corporation. I am the director of my corporation. So in the form should put my self as an employee or self employed and also what would be the employment status of my wife.

(My family income lies above the minimum income requirement)

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response scylla, I have another question, your help will be highly appreciated.

I have my own corporation and I pay my self and my wife salary from my corporation. I am the director of my corporation. So in the form should put my self as an employee or self employed and also what would be the employment status of my wife.

Thanks
I don't think it's that important. I would probably list both of you as self-employed.

Reactions: asadonline167

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks
Really depends on her role in the business but based on your description it sounds like your wife would be the employee and you would be self-employed. You are aware of what job she does and now that CRA is much more picky about paying family members through family businesses she would have defined role.

asadonline167

Jun 7, 2014
I don't think it's that important. I would probably list both of you as self-employed.
Thanks for the quick response. we don't have any document that will show the date of birth of my paternal grand parents and maternal grand parents, any idea, what should I do in this case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the quick response. we don't have any document that will show the date of birth of my paternal grand parents and maternal grand parents, any idea, what should I do in this case?
I don't know. But this topic has been discussed repeatedly on this forum. Suggest you read through parent / grandparent sponsorship threads.

Patb72

Oct 9, 2020
Hi, I have submitted all the papersworks to sponsor my parents. Recently CIC requested tax assessment of 2020. Two weeks ago it was submitted too. Any idea how long will it take to aprrove the file from Canada and than move to aborad? Thanks.

Patb72

Oct 9, 2020
hi, i want to sponsor my parents. I am currently on my work permit applied for pnp and will get pr by the end of this year.
what is the procedure for sponsorship, how long will it take and how much funds need to show
You must first obtain a PR. Then you must show the last three years of necessary income. Before you do, you must apply to participate in a lottery to sponsor your parents. Only certain individuals selected are invited to apply. You are required to show your income tax return. You will authorize CIC to obtain the tax return from Revenue Canada or you will need to present it. There is a certain income requirements to sponsor.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have submitted all the papersworks to sponsor my parents. Recently CIC requested tax assessment of 2020. Two weeks ago it was submitted too. Any idea how long will it take to aprrove the file from Canada and than move to aborad? Thanks.
Posted estimated time for processing is 18-24 months.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi Everyone,

After several unsuccessful attempts to submit an interest to sponsor my parent, I decided to do a major research paper for my final thesis on the current lottery system implemented by IRCC and recommend better policies that would factor in the duration of time that an applicant has been a permanent resident or citizen. Who knows if IRCC will ever come across my final paper and use some of the suggested policies. I have created a short questionnaire to help with the studies and will really appreciate if you could take few minutes of your time to answer the questions in the link below. Thank you so much for your time!

https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/YD6VJ8K
You forgot to add three questions

1) I’m aware that this program can be cancelled at any time

2) Sponsoring my parents / grandparents is not a right when one chooses to immigrate to Canada.

3) One should be aware they may never be able to sponsor their parents /grandparents

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your feedback. I didn’t forget to add them as they are not questions and I am aware. This purpose of this survey is to see if there are ways to better improve the current PGP sponsorship program. It is already established that it is not a right!
Survey answers are still wrong. EOI first went live in Jan 2018.

It's impossible to have submitted EOI before 2018. EOI didn't exist before then.