+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents got visitor visa and now applying

Dipppp

Jan 20, 2018
Hi
May parents got 6 months visitor visa already. Now they want me to travel with them.
My situation
27 years old
Student and study finished 2020
Internship finishing next year
Engaged and marrying Dec this year
Sister who is nz pr is also traveling to Canada and see mom dad

Plz suggest what should I do to make my case strong
Should I mention that I am traveling with parents or its better not t
Thanks

Dipppp

Jan 20, 2018
Hi
May parents got 6 months visitor visa already. Now they want me to travel with them.
My situation
27 years old

Thanks
Plz advise this as I need help please
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi
My situation
27 years old

Thanks
1. There is no compulsion (from visa or travel aspects) for you to accompany your parents. This is not a valid reason to apply for a TRV.

2. Based on your previous posts, I believe you mentioned you have a spouse = You are married. If you're engaged then unless you can prove that you will be getting married in December, this is not a reason for you to return to India.

3. What study program are you enrolled in?

4. How is it possible that you have an internship that would be completed next year? Internships don't work like that. Are you employed? Or is it an internship through your study program?

5. With your entire family in Canada (traveling to Canada from different parts of the world), your family ties to Canada will outweigh those to India

6. As for the INR 400,000.... was this money earned by you? Or is it financial support provided by your parents?

Dipppp

Jan 20, 2018
Fi

First thanks @Bryanna for reply.

There is no compulsion (from visa or travel aspects) for you to accompany your parents. This is not a valid reason to apply for a TRV.

I know but I am just wondering should I mention that in my application that mya parents got visa already and they are traveling with me or should I show only my travel. I mean will that make my case strong my parents are traveling with me just for visit?

2. Based on your previous posts, I believe you mentioned you have a spouse = You are married. If you're engaged then unless you can prove that you will be getting married in December, this is not a reason for you to return to India.
Sorry I am not married and I have my engagement pics as proof and hotel booking . But I am.in relationship since2012

3. What study program are you enrolled in?
Company secretary

4. How is it possible that you have an internship that would be completed next year? Internships don't work like that. Are you employed? Or is it an internship through your study program?

I started internship last year and it will finish next year. They will provide me job afterwards if I get pass
5. With your entire family in Canada (traveling to Canada from different parts of the world), your family ties to Canada will outweigh those to India

Should I not tell immigration about this?
6. As for the INR 400,000.... was this money earned by you? Or is it financial support provided by your parents?
Yes earned but also have joint savings with dad and he is happy to help me

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Dipppp

IMHO, your chances of a TRV approval are pretty low. You already have one refusal.

I know but I am just wondering should I mention that in my application that mya parents got visa already and they are traveling with me or should I show only my travel. I mean will that make my case strong my parents are traveling with me just for visit?
Your parents have borderline approvals given that the validity of their TRVs is just six months. They were probably granted TRVs only because they have a PR/citizen/Canada-resident child.

Regardless of whether or not you state that you are traveling with your parents, the information is available right upfront in the IRCC system. It will be pretty obvious that you are accompanying your parents. Like I mentioned earlier, this purpose of visit won't work.

Sorry I am not married and I have my engagement pics as proof and hotel booking . But I am.in relationship since2012
The evidence is not good enough.

1. Have the wedding invites been dispatched?
2. I'm assuming you meant booking the hotel for the wedding, right? Other bookings?
3. Did your parents mention your wedding as a reason to return to India?
4. Again, from a socio-cultural aspect, the bride's parents and relatives would also be required to manage the pre-wedding preparations.... not the bride

Company secretary
Are you a student of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India? If so, at what stage of the program are you in currently?

I started internship last year and it will finish next year. They will provide me job afterwards if I get pass
The 'If-I-pass' is the key point here. It's not easy to clear these Company Secretary exams.

So let's just safely say that your future job with the company you are currently interning at is not a point to return to India (at least not for this visa application).

Should I not tell immigration about this?
IRCC already knows this