+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents denied visitor visa with reasons that don't make sense

Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys let me explain the situation.
Last year my parents applied for Canada visitor visa to visit and attend mom's niece engagement.
They denied visa with following reasons.
1. Not enough funds. ( They showed about 30 lakhs in funds. So this doesn't make any sense)
2. Not enough travel history ( I can understand this to some extent but my parents have been to Australia once)
3. Not enough proof of relationship of my mom to her sister. ( My aunt and mom they don't have there birth certificates so we showed my aunt's old Indian passport copy, she is citizen of Canada so her new passport doesn't show any name of father).
I want to apply for there visa again this year and want your guys suggestion for this situation.
My maternal grandmother is also citizen of Canada. Is there anyway that could be helpful for the process?
I still don't understand why they gave the first two reasons. Do you guys think that the agent who my parents used to apply for visa messed up the paperwork.
Do you guys think they should apply for tourist visa or still go with visting family as my cousin is getting married this year?

Thanks in advance guys

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Please apply for GCMS notes to get more information on rejection and then apply again after resolving Visa Officer's concerns.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
1. Is the money liquid funds? It is traceable to their employment or was there a large deposit to their account?

2. Going to Australia once is not good travel history. When was it? How long were they there? Why did they go to Australia?

Apr 17, 2019
1. Is the money liquid funds? It is traceable to their employment or was there a large deposit to their account?

2. Going to Australia once is not good travel history. When was it? How long were they there? Why did they go to Australia?
1.Yes everything is my parents savings over the years my father retired some years ago.
2. My parents visited my sister who is a citizen over there in Australia for couple of months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys let me explain the situation.
Last year my parents applied for Canada visitor visa to visit and attend mom's niece engagement.
They denied visa with following reasons.
1. Not enough funds. ( They showed about 30 lakhs in funds. So this doesn't make any sense)
1. What was the type of funds? Locked-in or available for their visit?

2. Do these funds match their tax returns? Or some of it was borrowed?

3. Or is this agricultural income? Form J submitted?

2. Not enough travel history ( I can understand this to some extent but my parents have been to Australia once)
1. When did they visit Australia?

2. For how long and purpose of that visit?

3. Not enough proof of relationship of my mom to her sister. ( My aunt and mom they don't have there birth certificates so we showed my aunt's old Indian passport copy, she is citizen of Canada so her new passport doesn't show any name of father).
Evidence like school records? Correspondence and/or photographs that go back a few years?

Are they biological sisters i.e. same set of parents or are they cousins?

My maternal grandmother is also citizen of Canada. Is there anyway that could be helpful for the process?
It won't make much of a difference. It is a toss up between your grandmom inviting them or the aunt.

I still don't understand why they gave the first two reasons. Do you guys think that the agent who my parents used to apply for visa messed up the paperwork.
You'll need to post replies to the questions above.

Do you guys think they should apply for tourist visa or still go with visting family as my cousin is getting married this year?
It won't help if they change to 'Tourism' as their previous applications are already in the IRCC database.

Family visit

Other questions:
1. Do they own property or land? Any mortgage?

2. Do they live with any other dependent family members?

3. Have other family members been invited for the niece's engagement? And have these relatives been granted TRVs?

4. What documents were provided for the engagement?