+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents are PR holders, infant born in India. Worried about travel on visa type?

kaksh mahajan

Aug 8, 2020
Hi friends,

Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders. We got the PR cards in 2016 and got back to India just to deliver our first baby. The reason was very simple that we wanted the family and friends to be around supporting us. Now having decided to move back to Canada, my husband had travelled first and is almost in the final round of interviews to get a job. The infant is applied for TRV on March 17th 2017 showing proof of financial support and detailed proper cover letter as well. But the status of visa has no progress. I have planned to travel with my son to Canada but there is no update from high commission yet. Any similar cases? Will the TRV get approved? On the other hand what is the suggestion if TRV is not approved too? I need to travel with my son at the earliest and cannot be separated from my husband for long. Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can try for a TRV, if denied you can try fora TRP, if denied you can try to reapply again for TRV but you may not have another option but to have one patent return to Canada to sponsor the child. Unfortunately if you have your child outside Canada this can create problems.

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
Hi All,

Situation: I and my wife are PR (soft landing done). Back in India to have a baby and complete service notice for jobs. New born doesn't have any status in Canada. Applied for TRV for him with all documents. Intend to travel together and apply for sponsorship after landing. Job in Canada is also planned.

Has anyone else faced this or similar experience in COVID times. would be great to know how and what to do? How did it feature out for you.

cbhar

Dec 10, 2017
Hi All,

Situation: I and my wife are PR (soft landing done). Back in India to have a baby and complete service notice for jobs. New born doesn't have any status in Canada. Applied for TRV for him with all documents. Intend to travel together and apply for sponsorship after landing. Job in Canada is also planned.

Has anyone else faced this or similar experience in COVID times. would be great to know how and what to do? How did it feature out for you.
Hi, I am in similar kind of situation.. Can we connect just to coordinate on the next steps.. It would be helpful. Thanks.

cbhar

Dec 10, 2017
Hey guys,

I recently went through this. I just replied with whatever I know to a similar query in another thread here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/co-signer-residency-for-dependent-child-sponsorship-visa.710232/

Hope it helps
Hey Thanks for sharing this. Will it be possible for you to share the details on TRV or TRP process.. and if i can connect with you on whatsapp,etc.. that would be very helpful. thanks & regards- Chetan

sbh34

Aug 1, 2021
Hey Thanks for sharing this. Will it be possible for you to share the details on TRV or TRP process.. and if i can connect with you on whatsapp,etc.. that would be very helpful. thanks & regards- Chetan
Sure, but what details you need? We can connect on other platforms if it helps by following up in private message.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi, I am in similar kind of situation.. Can we connect just to coordinate on the next steps.. It would be helpful. Thanks.
Hi I am in similar situation. Has anyone applied for a TRP? I am unable to figure out whether the TRP application will be submitted online or in paper?

jasswalia123

Dec 6, 2023
My infant/new born just received his TRP valid for 6 months. I’m a PR hinder. He underwent Medical’s before he was given a TRP. Will he have to undergo medical again after he lands for his PR or it won’t be needed now? Also- how long after landing and submitting the application does it take for an infant’s PR to be processed?
Hi, Can you guide me the process as to how to apply for TRP for my child born outside Canada but I am PR holder, currently staying outside Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Can you guide me the process as to how to apply for TRP for my child born outside Canada but I am PR holder, currently staying outside Canada.
You can try for a TRV, if denied you can try fora TRP, if denied you can try to reapply again for TRV but you may not have another option but to have one parent return to Canada to sponsor the child. Unfortunately if you have your child outside Canada this can create problems.