+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents are PR holders, infant born in India. Worried about travel on visa type?

Mohana

Apr 5, 2017
Hi friends,

Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders. We got the PR cards in 2016 and got back to India just to deliver our first baby. The reason was very simple that we wanted the family and friends to be around supporting us. Now having decided to move back to Canada, my husband had travelled first and is almost in the final round of interviews to get a job. The infant is applied for TRV on March 17th 2017 showing proof of financial support and detailed proper cover letter as well. But the status of visa has no progress. I have planned to travel with my son to Canada but there is no update from high commission yet. Any similar cases? Will the TRV get approved? On the other hand what is the suggestion if TRV is not approved too? I need to travel with my son at the earliest and cannot be separated from my husband for long. Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's impossible for any of us to say if the TRV will be approved or not. Sometimes they are approved in cases like this and sometimes they are refused. If the TRV is refused, then you will have to try applying for a TRP. If the TRP is refused as well, then you will have to remain in your home country for several months with your child while your husband submits the PR application for your child in Canada and remains in Canada while the PR application is processed. You will be able to come to Canada once the PR application is approved.

If your husband hasn't done so already, I would very strongly recommend that he submit the PR application asap since there's no guarantee the TRV will be approved and you'll be able to travel to Canada with your child.

Mohana

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you for your swift response.
Oh I see, i am afraid to hear about the rejection of TRV.

So you recommend to apply a TRP and in parallel apply for PR too?

Is TRP also the same procedure as TRV, any clue please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wait until you know the results of the TRV before you apply for the TRP. Yes - the TRP process is very similar to the TRV process. Info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

Place a focus on submitting the PR sponsorship application.

Mar 26, 2017
Hi Mohana,

I am in same problem and currently in India. Please msg me your contact no. I will connect you. I have also open a discussion on this, my I'd is Canada calling

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
I am also in a similar situation.

My child's PR application is pending since last month @ New Delhi Visa office with no updates.

I have opened a thread too for general tracking. (link provided below).

But seemed there weren't many folks having the same situation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t480786.0.html;topicseen

Mar 26, 2017
Hi

Can you please inbox me you contact number. I am in similar situation and know 2 more with same case including Mohana. It would be good idea to be in touch over whatapp too and get ourself helped.

Thanks

cic2017

Apr 5, 2017
Mohana said:
Hi friends,

Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders. We got the PR cards in 2016 and got back to India just to deliver our first baby. The reason was very simple that we wanted the family and friends to be around supporting us. Now having decided to move back to Canada, my husband had travelled first and is almost in the final round of interviews to get a job. The infant is applied for TRV on March 17th 2017 showing proof of financial support and detailed proper cover letter as well. But the status of visa has no progress. I have planned to travel with my son to Canada but there is no update from high commission yet. Any similar cases? Will the TRV get approved? On the other hand what is the suggestion if TRV is not approved too? I need to travel with my son at the earliest and cannot be separated from my husband for long. Please advise.
can you please let me know if you heard anything back from the High commissio/embassy? I applied for a TRV for my new born baby on March 5 2017. We are similar to you but only have CSQ (Quebec selection certificate) - not PR yet. So far there is no update at all. No response to CSE, emails etc.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I have just submitted sponsorship file for my twin babies here in Mississauga. Waiting for the AOR's.

Can anyone share their experience too !!

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update : Received AOR's , linked application :), seems Mississauga office is running slow, any updates fellows ??

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update : I got the Medical request, sponsorship approval and Schedule A updation intimation all together in just 1.5 month of submitting the file !! that seems Super fast !!

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Update : I got the Medical request, sponsorship approval and Schedule A updation intimation all together in just 1.5 month of submitting the file !! that seems Super fast !!
@amitsmeet can you please let me know if while starting the sponsorship of a new born child is it mandatory to have a job offer in hand to ensure that the process is done quickly.

Did you apply as inland application or outland application

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@amitsmeet can you please let me know if while starting the sponsorship of a new born child is it mandatory to have a job offer in hand to ensure that the process is done quickly.

Did you apply as inland application or outland application
You don't need a job offer.

There is no inland option to sponsor a dependent child.

Reactions: tbn2k18