+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Kids are in Canada with valid work and study permit, Parents have TRV and Kids don't

ssb2021

Mar 29, 2021
We are a family of 4 (myself, my wife, and 2 kids). Myself and my wife have valid work permits until Sep 2022, and kids have valid study permits until Sep 2022.

I applied for TRV extension and got approved. My wife applied for TRV extension along with kids. During the application we submitted an incorrect form for kids (submitted IMM5708 instead of IMM5257). My wife's TRV got approved and we realized this mistake when we called IRCC to find out why the kids visa applications were not processed.

IRCC customer service representative told us that we can no longer submit an online application for kids. They asked us to submit a paper-based application and by using a covering letter describing the situation. Is paper-based option the only option we have? What other options do we have?

Sergato14

Apr 5, 2023
Hola, estoy en la misma situación ya nos renovaron los permisos de trabajo y ahora necesito enviar mis pasaportes para que nos renueven las visas. En la aplicación en línea me salen formularios IMM 5708 para mi esposa e hijos y solo para mi el IMM 5257 como lo solucionaste?