+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Super Visa - Medical Inadmissibility

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hey Guys

I have a question regarding supervisa for parents. My mom is 67 years old. My dad is 72 years old.

Could any of you let me know what the medical inadmissibilty reasons are for parents?

My mom has Blood Pressure, Diabetes (Type 2) and Protenuria (because of BP and Diabetes).
My dad just has blood pressure.

Are these grounds for refusal? What conditions are considered excessive strain on the system?

Does anyone have any input on it? Please let me know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Guys

I have a question regarding supervisa for parents. My mom is 67 years old. My dad is 72 years old.

Could any of you let me know what the medical inadmissibilty reasons are for parents?

My mom has Blood Pressure, Diabetes (Type 2) and Protenuria (because of BP and Diabetes).

Are these grounds for refusal? What conditions are considered excessive strain on the system?

Your mom will likely have to have some further analysis about her kidney function. Unless his kidney function is very bad they should get approval. The cost of her insurance will be higher and may exclude some medical issues. Supervisa insurance is just for emergencies. They are only allowed to bring 90 days of medication with them. If she requires insulin the cost of her medications will be quite high in Canada.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Your mom will likely have to have some further analysis about her kidney function. Unless his kidney function is very bad they should get approval. The cost of her insurance will be higher and may exclude some medical issues. Supervisa insurance is just for emergencies. They are only allowed to bring 90 days of medication with them. If she requires insulin the cost of her medications will be quite high in Canada.
She does have nephrotic syndrome - hence the protenuria. She is on medication for it though. However, she is not on dialysis or anything. She doesn't require insulin though. She has type 2 diabetes, but its controlled with pills. Any idea on what kind of kidney conditions are rejected? As of now she is on ace inhibitors and diuretics, to control BP - which is the standard treatment for nephrotic syndrome (since they can only treat underlying causes).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She does have nephrotic syndrome - hence the protenuria. She is on medication for it though. However, she is not on dialysis or anything. She doesn't require insulin though. She has type 2 diabetes, but its controlled with pills. Any idea on what kind of kidney conditions are rejected? As of now she is on ace inhibitors and diuretics, to control BP - which is the standard treatment for nephrotic syndrome (since they can only treat underlying causes).
Will depend on her stage of kidney disease. If she is not close to dialysis she will likely be fine. Would look carefully at her insurance coverage and whether there will be any exclusions.

M07011980

Jan 18, 2018
@wickerman Hi, my parents case is very similar to yours. My mom has been diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome since the past year and has been taking oral medicines like ACE inhibitors. Looking at the trail of messages you have posted recently, looks like your parents have been approved. Could you please let me know the steps you have taken for your parents starting from the initial application to till date. Thanks for all your help

quimburly

Apr 11, 2021
Hi! Did she underwent kidney biopsy?

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
hi, Did your parents got approved? My father is having cancer and taking treatment now. I am wondering if he can pass the medical.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi, Did your parents got approved? My father is having cancer and taking treatment now. I am wondering if he can pass the medical.
I would recommend waiting until the treatments are completed before applying.

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
I would recommend waiting until the treatments are completed before applying.
Thank You. He got diagnosed 10 years back and he is just taking tablets and living a normal life. For cancer I don't think everything will be back to normal. I just want them to come to Canada and enjoy for few months before the time ends.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank You. He got diagnosed 10 years back and he is just taking tablets and living a normal life. For cancer I don't think everything will be back to normal. I just want them to come to Canada and enjoy for few months before the time ends.
Ah got it. Pill are different than treatment like chemo or radiation.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hey Guys

Hi @wickerman Did your parents got approved? I am in process to apply supervisa for my parents and my mother had undergone surgery for removal of gall bladder and dermoid cyst.