+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hello,
I need some help. I have submitted the application on Nov 20, 2021, and last Friday, Feb 04 got an email with a pdf attached about the incomplete application. And PR application portal status is showing Returned. 1'ST THING IT MENTIONED:
"Marriage Certificate/Common-Law Declaration for Sponsor and Co-signer: A marriage certificate/ Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) provided for the Sponsor and Co-signer does not meet the requirements for processing. The certificate must be legally registered with the governmental authorities in the jurisdiction where it took place. Note: A record of solemnization or marriage license/statement is not acceptable for marriages that were legally registered in Canada and the United States of America."
In this case, I did not submit IMM-5409, only I have submitted my marriage certificate (In additional documents) as the document checklist/guide mentioned that, IMM-5409 to be completed, signed by hand, and dated by the sponsor and the cosigner, only if in a common-law partnership. And we remarried, so I was confused. SO, IN THIS CASE, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

2'ND THING IT MENTIONED:
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

IMM 5406 (for Dependant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not provided. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

In this case, I filled it up for both of my parents in the online portal. Now I do not know why they're asking it again to submit via email or mail in 30 days. SO, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

I am so sorry for the long message here. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
For additional family information, maybe you have left some of the fields blank. Need to write not applicable (NA) if something is not applicable. Also, if I remember correctly need to have all names in native language as well. Maybe that is what is missing

Reactions: ICE85

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
For additional family information, maybe you have left some of the fields blank. Need to write not applicable (NA) if something is not applicable. Also, if I remember correctly need to have all names in native language as well. Maybe that is what is missing
Thank you for your input. Any idea about IMM- 5409 in my case?

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hello,
I need some help. I have submitted the application on Nov 20, 2021, and last Friday, Feb 04 got an email with a pdf attached about the incomplete application. And PR application portal status is showing Returned. 1'ST THING IT MENTIONED:
"Marriage Certificate/Common-Law Declaration for Sponsor and Co-signer: A marriage certificate/ Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) provided for the Sponsor and Co-signer does not meet the requirements for processing. The certificate must be legally registered with the governmental authorities in the jurisdiction where it took place. Note: A record of solemnization or marriage license/statement is not acceptable for marriages that were legally registered in Canada and the United States of America."
In this case, I did not submit IMM-5409, only I have submitted my marriage certificate (In additional documents) as the document checklist/guide mentioned that, IMM-5409 to be completed, signed by hand, and dated by the sponsor and the cosigner, only if in a common-law partnership. And we remarried, so I was confused. SO, IN THIS CASE, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

2'ND THING IT MENTIONED:
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

IMM 5406 (for Dependant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not provided. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

In this case, I filled it up for both of my parents in the online portal. Now I do not know why they're asking it again to submit via email or mail in 30 days. SO, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

I am so sorry for the long message here. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
5409 is not required because you are married. you mentioned "remarried" so I assume there might be some confusion on the other end. suggest you write a letter of explanation, attache to the marriage certificate and submit again. point out the key dates and explain your situation so they can move forward.

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
5409 is not required because you are married. you mentioned "remarried" so I assume there might be some confusion on the other end. suggest you write a letter of explanation, attache to the marriage certificate and submit again. point out the key dates and explain your situation so they can move forward.
Hi, thank you for your reply. Sorry, it was my typo, I just corrected it, I am married not remarried. So, what do you think, should I fill up the IMM-5409 and email them attached with my marriage certificate?

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, thank you for your reply. Sorry, it was my typo, I just corrected it, I am married not remarried. So, what do you think, should I fill up the IMM-5409 and email them attached with my marriage certificate?
IMM 5409 is only for people in common law partnership. If you are married I don’t think you need to send it. Just the marriage certificate should be enough. Other people can comment on this too

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
then it's very straight forward. no, for married person 5409 is not needed. that email looks like an email template for all married/common law applicants. just write an explanation letter, tell them you are currently married and attach your marriage certificate.
don't worry too much. many others have received document request even if they don't recall missing any information. there might be a technical glitch so IRCC need you to resend the file.

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
IMM 5409 is only for people in common law partnership. If you are married I don’t think you need to send it. Just the marriage certificate should be enough. Other people can comment on this too
Yes, that was my thought so. That's why only I've uploaded and submitted my marriage certificates in supporting documents section. Now I'm so confused about it.

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
then it's very straight forward. no, for married person 5409 is not needed. that email looks like an email template for all married/common law applicants. just write an explanation letter, tell them you are currently married and attach your marriage certificate.
don't worry too much. many others have received document request even if they don't recall missing any information. there might be a technical glitch so IRCC need you to resend the file.
Thank you for the clarification.

kuku06

Feb 6, 2022
Hello everyone, i am trying to link the app with IRCC app but couldnt link it .keep saying information not found, please check info :( help please

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hello everyone, i am trying to link the app with IRCC app but couldnt link it .keep saying information not found, please check info :( help please
It won't link unless they've started working on your file. There are many who are still waiting.

Reactions: RRBP

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
I submitted my application for PGP in first week of Nov/2021. So far, I have not received AOR. I thought by now, atleast there will be a medical requests as in the past years

akd2250

Sep 21, 2021
Toronto
Yes, that was my thought so. That's why only I've uploaded and submitted my marriage certificates in supporting documents section. Now I'm so confused about it.
i would say write a letter of explanation that you have submitted marriage certificate copy and as you are married IMM5409 is not applicable in your case. and then sign at the bottom. and submit scanned copy. just for your peace of mind.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7