+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Was the sponsor’s email the one given ircc to communication with them? I remember when submitting the application there was a question that if want the email used for the account to be the email used for communication
No, mine as the co- sponsor. They notified me about a change in the online account and that was it.

Reactions: wvo2017

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
There were different forms for the Sponsor and Principal Applicant. For the Principal applicant, there was one Generic Application Form. The email id provided in that form will get a Biometric n Medical request. The sponsor will get an email regarding Eligibility on the email provided in the Sponsorship form
Thanks

Reactions: G_Raja

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
My application returned yesterday. And I am not able to resubmit it via portal. IRCC email says we need to send the missing doc via email or mail
Maybe they realized that allowing us access the online portal makes the whole thing super confusing, cos I already refilled the IMM5406 online yet they wanted email with hard copy signed. Please send the info they need by email. What did they say is missing in yours

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I submitted my parents sponsorship application in November and I got an email yesterday saying additional family information form is missing or incomplete. They asked us to fill the form for principal applicant and all dependents and hand sign it . That would be my mom who is the principal applicant and dad who is the dependent. I am not sure how to fill dependents additional family information form as the form says applicant and spouse. Can anyone please help me with filling my dads additional Information form please
For your dad, he would be the applicant in his own form and ur mum spouse. For your mum too vice versa. the part for kids would be the same for both, the sibling part would change. I created an extra word document as the form wasn't enough for the number of children and siblings they have. I made sure they signed it. and sent it back yesterday via email. Fingers crossed

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
This is the email I got yesterday, is this the ghost email that other people are talking about, because when I opened my portal and there is no update at all. Is this email have any kind of importance??

Reactions: nilnitesh

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
This is the email I got yesterday, is this the ghost email that other people are talking about, because when I opened my portal and there is no update at all. Is this email have any kind of importance??
Yes, thats the ghost email. From prior posts it indicates your application is complete and you will be able to link it to GCkey soon. When did you submit your application?

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
Yes, thats the ghost email. It is likely your application is complete and you will be able to link it to GCkey soon. When did you submit your application?
I have sent on November 8

Reactions: nilnitesh

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Got it. That is my plan as well. So to update their mailing address will just use webform correct? Should I do it now or will wait until the request of medical? Submitted my application last Oct 20 and I did not receive any update nor ghost email etc
Yes contact them via webform. you may update it now as they are in Canada already. Try to provide as much as info while filling out the webform such as UCI number, family class - parent,grandparent category, submission date , receipt number etc, so it is easier for them to locate the file; because we do not have any application number yet.

Reactions: microbio1

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
Yes, thats the ghost email. From prior posts it indicates your application is complete and you will be able to link it to GCkey soon. When did you submit your application?
Okay that mean It is a positive sign that I have no missing information in my file,but I am unable to link it to GC key yet, I think it take bit longer to link

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
Does anyone know if they are processing applications based on applicant country? For e.g - few countries might have less applications vs rest so processing time might get delayed..

Reactions: RRBP

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
I submitted mine on Oct 21, but not any email yet and I could not link application yo GCKey as well. I wondering to know if you finally link them together?
I tried just half an hour ago. No luck in link application yet. No any email as well :(

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
do anyone can send me timeline table for all cased to compare and see other timeline please?

Krisv

Feb 2, 2022
Okay that mean It is a positive sign that I have no missing information in my file,but I am unable to link it to GC key yet, I think it take bit longer to link
Try to link under a week or 2

In my case i got cic email on jan 14 and able to link within in week or so and not immediately

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
Try to link under a week or 2

In my case i got cic email on jan 14 and able to link within in week or so and not immediately
Did you get any additional information when you link your application to gc key?