Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
People who are linking the application with GCKey account. Did they already got the ghost updates or initial email from IRCC? Also, I saw few were able to connect the application as they already had a UCI number from any old application for the principal applicant? Just want to make sure we don't miss anything as we applied on Oct 19 and didn't get anything yet.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
If I am just becoming a PR in a couple of weeks now, what do I have to do in 2022 if I want to bring only my father to Canada with me? My husband is a Canadian born citizen if there is a separate process for that.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
If I am just becoming a PR in a couple of weeks now, what do I have to do in 2022 if I want to bring only my father to Canada with me? My husband is a Canadian born citizen if there is a separate process for that.
you have to wait until IRCC announces the new date and procedures that will be taken for 2022 no one knows yet the date nor the way that they will be processing ,you can sponsor your parents when you become a permanent resident but your husband needs to co-sponsor and needs to meet the financial requirements

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
you have to wait until IRCC announces the new date and procedures that will be taken for 2022 no one knows yet the date nor the way that they will be processing ,you can sponsor your parents when you become a permanent resident but your husband needs to co-sponsor and needs to meet the financial requirements
So I got a little confused reading that, sorry my English is not fluent at the moment.

1. When IRCC announces that, will it be like very open knowledge, or will I have to search around for hidden, time limited, knowledge on the IRCC site?

2. You said I can sponsor my parents when I become a permanent resident but my husband needs to co-sponsor, does that mean this can be done even before IRCC announces the new dates and procedures? Like a normal sponsorship like how I was sponsored?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
So I got a little confused reading that, sorry my English is not fluent at the moment.

1. When IRCC announces that, will it be like very open knowledge, or will I have to search around for hidden, time limited, knowledge on the IRCC site? - IRCC usually posts about it on their social media accounts like Twitter and Facebook. It'd be beneficial to follow them and turn on the notifications.

2. You said I can sponsor my parents when I become a permanent resident but my husband needs to co-sponsor, does that mean this can be done even before IRCC announces the new dates and procedures? Like a normal sponsorship like how I was sponsored?
- Nope, you can only apply once IRCC opens the program to submit an interest to sponsor your parents/grandparents. You need to meet income requirements for the previous 3 years for your family+parents.

Reactions: Entity

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
- Nope, you can only apply once IRCC opens the program to submit an interest to sponsor your parents/grandparents. You need to meet income requirements for the previous 3 years for your family+parents.
Oh okay, thank you. I have followed them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube (English versions but not French). The French and English versions both have the same information, right?

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Oh okay, thank you. I have followed them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube (English versions but not French). The French and English versions both have the same information, right?
Yes they do.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011

1. When IRCC announces that, will it be like very open knowledge, or will I have to search around for hidden, time limited, knowledge on the IRCC site?

no it will be announced and for sure everyone will be talking about it ,and it will be wise to check the Canadian immigration site for updates.
as for the second question ,after the IRCC announces the new dates and procedures and requirements then your spouse needs to co-sponsor ,
meaning that since that they are your parents you apply and add your spouse as a co-sponsor but again he needs to meet the financial requirements, which is defined for three past years as an example .you can always go back to this site and ask questions for more clarification once announced .

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Do we need to create a gckey account and link the pr application for parents? If yes then how do we do it.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
no it will be announced and for sure everyone will be talking about it ,and it will be wise to check the Canadian immigration site for updates.
as for the second question ,after the IRCC announces the new dates and procedures and requirements then your spouse needs to co-sponsor ,
meaning that since that they are your parents you apply and add your spouse as a co-sponsor but again he needs to meet the financial requirements, which is defined for three past years as an example .you can always go back to this site and ask questions for more clarification once announced .
Ohh okay. And for the past 3 year history, if I start earning this year, am I able to add onto that with my earnings, or does this year not count and only past 3 years count?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Ohh okay. And for the past 3 year history, if I start earning this year, am I able to add onto that with my earnings, or does this year not count and only past 3 years count?
past three years and you need to maintain the same minimum financial requirement, but remember that your spouse needs the minimum requirements to start with other wise do not waist time applying as you will be refuse automatically .

stellang

Jan 26, 2022
Hi

I haven't been able to link too, am sure there are many others. It got returned though for 5406 being incomplete, i resubmitted in Dec. So please put ur mind to rest. If they return it as incomplete, you do not loose your spot, you only submit again
I got it, thank you for letting me know! I have not heard anything from the CIC though. No AOR, no message. Hopefully I will hear from them soon! And good luck with your application!

Reactions: Bimpsy_7