+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

stellang

Jan 26, 2022
Don't worry just yet. i checked my PR portal and it's also "submitted". maybe they are still working on your case.
when you link your application, for the number of persons in the application, it should be sponsor+co-signer+PA+all PA's dependants. do not include children in the sponsor's family.
Thank you for letting me know! Fingers crossed!

Regarding the total number of application, I thought we have to count our kid too. Did I inflate the total members of my household? :D

stellang

Jan 26, 2022
If I am just becoming a PR in a couple of weeks now, what do I have to do in 2022 if I want to bring only my father to Canada with me? My husband is a Canadian born citizen if there is a separate process for that.
I think as long as you have tax record for the last three years proving you meet the minimum income requirement (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14), you can apply. You have to be the main sponsor and if you do not meet the minimum income requirement, you husband can co-sign the application and you can count his salary.

The CIC has not released the PGP sponsorship program for 2022 yet so you would have to wait to get the information! Hope this helps!

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
You won't get a GC Key link, you will have to link it yourself.
what i meant to say that i am not able to link it with GC key. I have tried numerous times. I tried with number of applicants 2 as well as 3 including myself but it doesn't work. I have UCI for my parents as we previously applied super visa.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
what i meant to say that i am not able to link it with GC key. I have tried numerous times. I tried with number of applicants 2 as well as 3 including myself but it doesn't work. I have UCI for my parents as we previously applied super visa.
I also tried as you tried but not able to link it. I have UCI number from super visa but still not able to link it. I guess until the file doesn't go in process, you can not link it.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
do you have a co-signer? it might be 4 (2 sponsors+2 parents). or if they have other dependants, it will be more than 4.
sorry i don't know how to quote but i replied this several pages back

kafepoche said:
when you link your application, for the number of persons in the application, it should be sponsor+co-signer+PA+all PA's dependants. do not include children in the sponsor's family.

you are very early in line and ircc didn't ask for additional documents. there's a high chance you have a file number.

Reactions: ndhindsa

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
do you have a co-signer? it might be 4 (2 sponsors+2 parents). or if they have other dependants, it will be more than 4.
sorry i don't know how to quote but i replied this several pages back

kafepoche said:

you are very early in line and ircc didn't ask for additional documents. there's a high chance you have a file number.
No i am single so it would be 3 only, but thanks for clarifying :) I am bit worried now as i have not received single update. Maybe its very random.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
I have applied on November 4 and not received any update or ghost emails yet. Haven’t tried to link it with GC key

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Applied Nov 3rd. No updates/ghost email yet.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
As per IRCC, they will accept 30000 application while they invited 345000. I am not sure what they will do with those remaining 4500. Will they only issue AOR to first 30000 applications or who applied within 60 days timeline?

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Update!!!! Got approved as a sponsor and application has been forwarded to Kingston, JM
Timeline
Oct 2 Application sent
Nov 25 Ghost email
Jan 9 Linked account
Jan 27 Sponsor Approved