+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

stellang

Jan 26, 2022
Hi everyone. I submitted an application for my parents on Nov 4th, 2021 and I still have not received any AOR or any update. Wonder if anyone is in the same boat? I am getting nervous.

I also wonder if they return the application, does it mean the application is rejected and I would have to wait until next year to re-enter the lottery and go through the process over again or I can just submit additional documents and resubmit? I asked because when I applied for my PR back in 2016, CIC had an issue with one of my document, they sent my application back without an explanation and I had to re-enter the pool again to wait for another round of invitation.

Thank you in advance for your help!

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
When did you apply ? Any success linking account to GC Key ?
here is how to link to gckey:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

i linked it. so i got an email notification to "download my new message" in my account.
if you haven't linked it, may i ask if you received the bio request as an attachment in your email account?
if so, I guess there are pros and cons for linking the acc, as this morning I struggled to login ircc.

stellang

Jan 26, 2022
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

i linked it. so i got an email notification to "download my new message" in my account.
if you haven't linked it, may i ask if you received the bio request as an attachment in your email account?
if so, I guess there are pros and cons for linking the acc, as this morning I struggled to login ircc.
Hi!

I have been trying to link my application to GC key but they said that the application does not exist. I submitted the application on Nov 4 and the status is currently "submitted" but I have not received an AOR. What should I do? :(

YASH2021

Jan 26, 2022
we are in the same boat. I never received AOR but received bio request today.
I did link to my IRCC account though. you can try link it to your account with PA's info.

I got attachments. I tried linking it to GC Key but it says application not found !

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone. I submitted an application for my parents on Nov 4th, 2021 and I still have not received any AOR or any update. Wonder if anyone is in the same boat? I am getting nervous.

I also wonder if they return the application, does it mean the application is rejected and I would have to wait until next year to re-enter the lottery and go through the process over again or I can just submit additional documents and resubmit? I asked because when I applied for my PR back in 2016, CIC had an issue with one of my document, they sent my application back without an explanation and I had to re-enter the pool again to wait for another round of invitation.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Hi

I haven't been able to link too, am sure there are many others. It got returned though for 5406 being incomplete, i resubmitted in Dec. So please put ur mind to rest. If they return it as incomplete, you do not loose your spot, you only submit again

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi!

I have been trying to link my application to GC key but they said that the application does not exist. I submitted the application on Nov 4 and the status is currently "submitted" but I have not received an AOR. What should I do? :(
Don't worry just yet. i checked my PR portal and it's also "submitted". maybe they are still working on your case.
when you link your application, for the number of persons in the application, it should be sponsor+co-signer+PA+all PA's dependants. do not include children in the sponsor's family.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I got attachments. I tried linking it to GC Key but it says application not found !
i tripped on this when linking so i figure it's worth mentioning.

when you link your application, for the number of persons in the application, it should be sponsor+co-signer+PA+all PA's dependants. do not include children in the sponsor's family.

since you got your bio request you must have a file number already. you should be able to link.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

YASH2021

Jan 26, 2022
i tripped on this when linking so i figure it's worth mentioning.

since you got your bio request you must have a file number already. you should be able to link.
I was able to link now ! Thank you for advise
I was entering wrong number of person in application.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Has anyone got a workaround for GC Key Login Loop? It is constantly taking me to the language page and saying I am not logged in.