+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

vinay909

Sep 15, 2020
Hello One last Question Please.

I have filled the form for the use representative for my mother and uploaded all the forms and documents. Last electronic signature, is it alright if i sign it for my mother. my mother does not know how to use the computer and even if though it is simple I dont think my mother can ask for help from someone to help her. Hoping to get advice from people who have submitted.

v_g1973

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
LANDED..........
30-05-2015
If its on the document checklist then it is a requirement, please do a simple resume with the similar timeline you put in her employment history. if she is retired all through then put retired.
just to add..don't forget to cover the time since retirement till now...say Unemployed (Retired) or something like that

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends. Has anyone who has submitted the application received the AOR? When I submitted the application I got an acknowledgement mail stating that the application has been received and the AOR may take a while. I submitted on 23-Nov. I have not recd yet. I'm ok though at least since i got the acknowledgement but just curious to know if anyone else is in similar situation.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Hello Friends. Has anyone who has submitted the application received the AOR? When I submitted the application I got an acknowledgement mail stating that the application has been received and the AOR may take a while. I submitted on 23-Nov. I have not recd yet. I'm ok though at least since i got the acknowledgement but just curious to know if anyone else is in similar situation.
Someone has to manually check the application for completeness before AOR. I imagine this takes months just to get your turn.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Hi everyone, I have a quick question please, do we really need to submit a resume for our parents, I see it is listed on the document check list. My mum whom I'm sponsoring is almost 70 and has long since retired, is this really necessary, thanks for the response.
Not only do you need her resume, if retired since the last 10 years, in the Personal Activity section on imm5669 you will also have to enter activity since the age of 18.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Thanks.. When I did my PR I got in 2 days I think. So I thought this would be somewhat similar for the AOR.
When I applied for my mother's supervisa in 2019 the whole process from start to finish, including biometrics, medical & a clarification email took 2 months. I applied again in 2020 (she only got a 1 year visa) and it's been 14 months and no movement. No surprises, processing times have suffered because of the pandemic. Hope it picks up.

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
The rule of dependant is mostly for kids literally, her dad is a spouse and should be counted as part of the family size regardless of whether is accompanying or not . Please see below

• the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse, partner and dependent children, if this applies). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
Thank you. Do they also ask for PCC and medical for spouse if they are not being sponsored?

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi Everyone,

Need an URGENT HELP. When I am trying to fill the following out and hitting Yes, the Save and Continue Section still stays grey and I can't move on.

Do you want us to contact you using the email address used for this account? (required)

I tried selecting NO and same result. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
I have a question what option to select for below:

Sponsor Eligibility Assessment:

Question 5: in the five years preceding this application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as spouse, common-law or conjugal partner? Yes/ NO

Scenario: My wife got invitation to sponsor her parents. I came here on work permit and later my family joined me through visitor record. after i applied PR including my wife and kids in 2017. my question is that when i submitted my pr application i am primary applicant and wife and kids are dependants. that means that my wife is sponsored by me for PR? in that case if she selects yes to above question she is not eligible to apply ?

Thanks

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
I have a question what option to select for below:

Sponsor Eligibility Assessment:

Question 5: in the five years preceding this application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as spouse, common-law or conjugal partner? Yes/ NO

Scenario: My wife got invitation to sponsor her parents. I came here on work permit and later my family joined me through visitor record. after i applied PR including my wife and kids in 2017. my question is that when i submitted my pr application i am primary applicant and wife and kids are dependants. that means that my wife is sponsored by me for PR? in that case if she selects yes to above question she is not eligible to apply ?

Thanks
I believe if you select yes you just can't sponsor another spouse. This is to prevent potential paper marriages. Should still be eligible to sponsor parents.

GSandhuG

Oct 10, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Need an URGENT HELP. When I am trying to fill the following out and hitting Yes, the Save and Continue Section still stays grey and I can't move on.

Do you want us to contact you using the email address used for this account? (required)

I tried selecting NO and same result. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Must be missing something else

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
I received an email last night stating there is a status update but when checked in portal status hasn’t changed. Anyone else experienced same?
Did you received the email from the email address you use to login to the PR Portal? When did you submit the application?