+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sz_2018

Aug 12, 2021
Hi,

When is the deadline for submitting the application if you got the invitation letter? One part of the letter says "60 days from the date of this email" and another part specifies "Dec 6, 2021 before 11:59PM EST". So which one is the deadline?

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

When is the deadline for submitting the application if you got the invitation letter? One part of the letter says "60 days from the date of this email" and another part specifies "Dec 6, 2021 before 11:59PM EST". So which one is the deadline?
People said different CIC agents gave different responses when people called to ask about the deadline. Some were told to stick to the 60-day deadline while others were told Dec 6 is the deadline for everyone regardless of the date they received the invitation to apply. Therefore, it would be safest to submit within 60 days. I was confused too and did not submit within 60 days.

vinay909

Sep 15, 2020
IMPORTANT POINT

on CIC under how to apply section they have changed wordings from 60 days to apply to the wordings apply till 6 dec 2021. If someone wants to check please do.

I would like to thank this forum for help and support and I like to request more advice on my questions below.

Hello Please answer 2 Question.

1. I am confused I wanted to know can i create the portal under my name and submit the forms for my mother for her sponsorship with the sponsor form or I have to create the portal under her name.

2. In doc checklist, for Form 5669 it says it must be signed digitally. Now my mother has printed and signed the form so is it ok to scan and upload physical copies or the form has to be filled digitally.

I read the whole forum couple of times was confused about these two question.

Thank you

Reactions: ScarletSails

James321

Jan 16, 2019
IMPORTANT POINT

on CIC under how to apply section they have changed wordings from 60 days to apply to the wordings apply till 6 dec 2021. If someone wants to check pl

1. I am confused I wanted to know can i create the portal under my name and submit the forms for my mother for her sponsorship with the sponsor form or I have to create the portal under her name.

2. In doc checklist, for Form 5669 it says it must be signed digitally. Now my mother has printed and signed the form so is it ok to scan and upload physical copies or the form has to be filled digitally.

I read the whole forum couple of times was confused about these two question.

Thank you
Don't read the forum .

Read the GUIDE and you will get a clear picture of what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.

The GUIDE is pretty straightforward.

No one will be doing this work for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't read the forum .

Read the GUIDE and you will get a clear picture of what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.

The GUIDE is pretty straightforward.

No one will be doing this work for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
Seems like they just updated the guide to include the deadline:
“If we invite you to apply, please submit your application package by 11:59 PM EST December 6, 2021.”

Thanks for sharing!

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Seems like they just updated the guide to clarify the deadline:

The deadline is stated to be December 6, 2021.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7 and syedgj

vineshdparekh

Oct 16, 2021
Hello all,
For parents' sponsorship application, imm5532e is required? I feel it's for spousal sponsorship so I don't need to complete that form.
Let me know if I should skip that form.
Thank you.

Pandey013

Sep 10, 2016
Hi all, Has anyone written Letter Of Explanation with their application. I am Representative for my parents PR application. SO, I wanted to know who should write this letter. Will it be written by them or I can write the letter. Also, whom should it be addressed to. Please let me know as I have very less time to complete and submit.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi all, Has anyone written Letter Of Explanation with their application. I am Representative for my parents PR application. SO, I wanted to know who should write this letter. Will it be written by them or I can write the letter. Also, whom should it be addressed to. Please let me know as I have very less time to complete and submit.
The person doing the explanation should explain, you can type it out and get ur mum to sign if it pertains to her.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello all,
For parents' sponsorship application, imm5532e is required? I feel it's for spousal sponsorship so I don't need to complete that form.
Let me know if I should skip that form.
Thank you.
I cant see it on the document checklist, please use the document checklist as a guide.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Can I apply for super visa with 2022 T4 only?
The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:

• Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
  • Employment Insurance stubs
  • employment letter including salary and date of hiring
  • pay stubs
  • bank statements

*NOA is just an example of what can be provided, the other acceptable documents are listed above

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
My sister is a PR and is now applying to sponsor our mother.

We do not wish to sponsor our father because we had a (dismissed) criminal case and an existing protection/restraining order against him for violence against me, my other sister and my mother. He was jailed for a few nights and a criminal case was filed during that time (2019) but unfortunately the case was dismissed by the legal system here. Nevertheless, a court has agreed to issue a temporary protection order still in effect until today, and we are waiting for the permanent version hopefully to be issued by the same court/judge. He has been living on his own since the incident in 2019.

They are still married and there were no legal steps taken as of now, to nullify or annul their marriage in any way. We have no proof that our father is no longer staying in our residence.

1. Will including all this information (particularly his history of being jailed) affect our mother's petition negatively?
2. We will not be able to provide his address and passport copy because we are no longer in contact with him.
3. Does the explanation letter to be written by our mother regarding this matter need to be notarized?

Any other things that we should do, write or explain?

Basically we only want to sponsor 1 parent because the other is an abusive, violent figure who we no longer wish to have any contact and relation with.

Thank you very much!
I don't know for sure the answers to your question but found this thread

. someone asked IRCC about separated unaccompanying spouse .

"If you and your spouse are still legally married they'll need to undergo a medical exam and provide police certificates. You will need to provide every document you have been specifically requested to submit".

Please post your question in the 2019 group as well since they have submitted a while ago and some of them have gotten approval

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-3573

Last edited:

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
My wife is sponsoring her mother for PR. Not father. As per dependent rule, the father is not dependent on the mother for financial needs, hence should not be considered as a dependent to the mother (primary applicant). Am I missing something?
The rule of dependant is mostly for kids literally, her dad is a spouse and should be counted as part of the family size regardless of whether is accompanying or not . Please see below

• the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse, partner and dependent children, if this applies). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Dobs9ja

Aug 9, 2017
Hi All, please I need clarification on something. If I'm sponsoring my mother, can I include her grandchild in the application i.e my niece who lives with her( my niece's mother is alive and well)? I'm asking because there seems to be an issue with this in a friend's application. I had a different opinion why another said it's possible. Thank you for help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, please I need clarification on something. If I'm sponsoring my mother, can I include her grandchild in the application i.e my niece who lives with her( my niece's mother is alive and well)? I'm asking because there seems to be an issue with this in a friend's application. I had a different opinion why another said it's possible. Thank you for help.
No, you can't. The niece isn't classified as a dependent.

The only way this would be possible is if both of the niece's parents were deceased and the child had been legally adopted by the grandmother.

Since they niece's mother is still alive, not possible.