+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
In Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form online it says
"You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents."

But in IMM5772, it seems the form is only for the Principle applicant. Do we need to fill in details for the principle applicant's husband and son too (they are not Canadian citizens or PR holders, they are not part of the sponsorship application and are also not dependent on principle applicant as per the dependent guidelines mentioned in IMM5772)?

Please help here. Thanks

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Question:
In IMM5772, it says that when filling up IMM0008, do not forget -
  • For sponsorship applications, the principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner must be included on the IMM 0008 form, whether they’ll immigrate to Canada or not.
What does this mean? Does their name need to be mentioned in the marital status or somewhere else too?

My principle applicant is my mother in law, but my father in law is not getting sponsored. How do we include him in the IMM 0008 form?

Please help. Thanks

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hey! Thanks for the clarification. I deleted my siblings as dependents on the generic application form as they dont qualify. My question is how do i fill the generic application form for my dad? My mum is the principal applicant and ive included him as her spouse on this form. is this enough or do i need another account for my dad?
Did you include your father as a dependant in IMM 0008 or just mentioned his name in the marital section?

Naser Fallah

Sep 26, 2020
I received invitation for my parents and yesterday I received email from IRCC that application status has been changed but I can not see update on IRCC. Can someone advise what is first update after PGP application submit.
Hi,

Can you upload the received email text?

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can you upload the received email text?
Same here - email text
This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: swordfish485

Naser Fallah

Sep 26, 2020
Same here - email text

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Hi,

Thanks...

Please let's know mentioned email received after how many days after app submission?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello Please answer 2 Question.

1. I am confused I wanted to know can i create the portal under my name and submit the forms for my mother for her sponsorship with the sponsor form or I have to create the portal under her name.

2. In doc checklist, for Form 5669 it says it must be signed digitally. Now my mother has printed and signed the form so is it ok to scan and upload physical copies or the form has to be filled digitally.

I read the whole forumn couple of times was confused about these two question.

Thank you
Portal should be in the Principal applicants name not yours, you can use your email address and fill the representative form for sure.

Form 5669 is one of the forms that is automated meaning you just type in the info and not upload pdf, when you are done you just type out her name. Form 1344 is what she needs to physically sign and send back the scanned copy as well as any authorized rep form

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Same here - email text

Thank you,

when did you submit please

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hey! Thanks for the clarification. I deleted my siblings as dependents on the generic application form as they dont qualify. My question is how do i fill the generic application form for my dad? My mum is the principal applicant and ive included him as her spouse on this form. is this enough or do i need another account for my dad?
You dont need a separate account for him, just a generic application form for him, like add a dependant kind of thing

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Question:
In IMM5772, it says that when filling up IMM0008, do not forget -
  • For sponsorship applications, the principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner must be included on the IMM 0008 form, whether they’ll immigrate to Canada or not.
What does this mean? Does their name need to be mentioned in the marital status or somewhere else too?

My principle applicant is my mother in law, but my father in law is not getting sponsored. How do we include him in the IMM 0008 form?

Please help. Thanks
please can you explain what you mean by not getting sponsored? even if he is non accompanying, he must be included in the family size income calculation

Reactions: YVR123