+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Even though IRCC can ask for stupid things, I don’t think they are asking for blank pages of your passport, if there is a visa on one of the pages then yes, but not blanks
This is from the application guide and is in the
avoid common mistakes section

“Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages”

It clearly wants all pages

Reactions: Bimpsy_7 and YVR123

mbthakar

Mar 19, 2015
MIssissauga
i validate and i dont see that note that says you dont have to sign by hand
Same for me., But then I read through the guide, which has a section saying IMM1344 has a validate button.
"After you validate the form to generate barcodes, print the form.
Then, each person the form applies to must sign it with a handwritten signature. We don’t accept unsigned forms."

This means they wants us to sign the forms by hand once validated. The electronic signature is for the entire application. But the individual forms needs to be hand signed, Hope this was not confusing to begin with.

cardenci

Nov 7, 2021
Same for me., But then I read through the guide, which has a section saying IMM1344 has a validate button.
"After you validate the form to generate barcodes, print the form.
Then, each person the form applies to must sign it with a handwritten signature. We don’t accept unsigned forms."

This means they wants us to sign the forms by hand once validated. The electronic signature is for the entire application. But the individual forms needs to be hand signed, Hope this was not confusing to begin with.
great.. thanks

cardenci

Nov 7, 2021
hi guys..
i really need HELP with the financial form IMM 5768...
I cant type the number in first box (YOU) same for last box which is the total of persons...what should i do ??
can i print it and do it manually??
- also, for the GROSS INCOME , which line should i check in my taxes?? or i check my notice of assessment ??

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Please let me know how passport pages were uploaded in application portal? Was it uploaded as a zipped folder?

cardenci

Nov 7, 2021
guys..... i just read this ----If you’re invited to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents, there are 2 applications:

1. You must apply to become a sponsor.
  2. Your parents or grandparents must apply for permanent residence.
Submit both the sponsorship and the permanent residence applications together online at the same time.

iam the sponsor , so how i apply to become a sponsor ??? i am confused , i need to create an account for me as well ??

MathaNguyen

Nov 10, 2021
Hi there,

I already filled out IM0008, and am reviewing it before submitting the application, when I encounter that the button " Save and Continue" does not turn on for me to go to the next page. It took me whole night last night to open my account in different applications (Chrome, Firefox and Edge), but none worked.

Has any of you had experienced to deal with this challenging? If so, what was the alternative or if you have helpline phone number, please share with me.

Thank you so much.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
hi guys..
i really need HELP with the financial form IMM 5768...
I cant type the number in first box (YOU) same for last box which is the total of persons...what should i do ??
can i print it and do it manually??
- also, for the GROSS INCOME , which line should i check in my taxes?? or i check my notice of assessment ??
You can just delete the old form and redownload the new one, it should work. Total number of person would calculated by form itself. You can also do it manually, nothings wrong with that as long as it has a correct numbers there.

Yes, check your taxes, NOAs and T4s , figure out how much was income for that employment period and enter that value.

mlandero

Sep 14, 2014
Hi everyone, here's my timeline:

September 28, 2021 Received invitation to sponsor
November 6, 2021 Submitted my Mom's application online, paid fees and biometrics, followed the checklist/guide

**My husband is my co-sponsor, I still have 2 ongoing undertakings (sponsored my 2 older children 3 years ago). Now sponsoring my Mom only.
In total, I have 3 children, my husband and I and (soon, hopefully) my Mom. There will be 6 people in the family.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi there,

I already filled out IM0008, and am reviewing it before submitting the application, when I encounter that the button " Save and Continue" does not turn on for me to go to the next page. It took me whole night last night to open my account in different applications (Chrome, Firefox and Edge), but none worked.

Has any of you had experienced to deal with this challenging? If so, what was the alternative or if you have helpline phone number, please share with me.

Thank you so much.
Maybe you have not filled a section that is required

Jujuangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012 - Online Application
Doc's Request.
01-04 2012
Nomination.....
21-01-2013 -LOA dated 10-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 in ADVO
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013 < ECAS Medical Received 08-25-2013>
Interview........
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
01-11-2013
Its just the IMM008 form that i have to add details for the dependant and nothing else right? all other forms are only filled up by the principal applicant?

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
Hi All,

I got PR invitation for my inlaws. As my spouse income is not sufficient i am co-signing the application. Can any one in this group has similar path. I would like to know what forms/information we need to submit as co-signer

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Hi All,

I got PR invitation for my inlaws. As my spouse income is not sufficient i am co-signing the application. Can any one in this group has similar path. I would like to know what forms/information we need to submit as co-signer
Follow the checklist (IMM5771E).

You'll need to co-sign on IMM1344, provide your income details and sign on IMM5768. If you don't consent to CRA sharing your income data to IRCC, then sign IMM5748 as well.

Just follow the checklist IMM5771 and you guys will be fine. That's how I got the above form numbers.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7