+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Razacpa

Nov 2, 2021
Hello Everyone,
1) I have question My income for 2019 is $41,020 and threshold MNI is $41007. Would there be problem Am I eligible to apply for my Mother ONLY ??
2) Can my brother come along with her in any way he is 25 yrs old and single. He will be only one left in home country.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,
1) I have question My income for 2019 is $41,020 and threshold MNI is $41007. Would there be problem Am I eligible to apply for my Mother ONLY ??
2) Can my brother come along with her in any way he is 25 yrs old and single. He will be only one left in home country.
1) When you said your mother only, do you mean excluding your father?
If so, no.

2) Unless your brother is still a dependent to your mother, he cannot be part of the application. He needs to apply on his own.
A child who is 22 or over and dependent on their parent(s) due to a physical or mental condition is eligible to be processed as a dependant.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Razacpa

Nov 2, 2021
1) When you said your mother only, do you mean excluding your father?
If so, no.

2) Unless your brother is still a dependent to your mother, he cannot be part of the application. He needs to apply on his own.
A child who is 22 or over and dependent on their parent(s) due to a physical or mental condition is eligible to be processed as a dependant.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html
I mean if MNI for 2019 is $41007 and my income is $41020 Can i apply for her ??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I mean if MNI for 2019 is $41007 and my income is $41020 Can i apply for her ??
You need to answer if your father is alive and still married to your mother. If so you have to include him in the calculation of family size.

If your mom is a widow or if she is divorced or never married, then if your income is above the required minimum for PGP, you are fine. ($41020 > $41007)

Last edited:

Razacpa

Nov 2, 2021
You need to answer if your father is alive and still married to your mother. If so you have to include him in the calculation of family size.

If your mom is a widow or if she mother is divorced or never married, then if your income is above the required minimum for PGP, you are fine. ($41020 > $41007)
Yes my father is alive and married to my mother but he is not interested to come to Canada still I have to include him in MNI calculation of family size ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes my father is alive and married to my mother but he is not interested to come to Canada still I have to include him in MNI calculation of family size ?
Then you need to meet the threshold MNI for 3 people, NOT 2.

He also needs to go through medical, police and security check. But you can put him in non-accomodating if he really doesn't want to come with your mother. (She can sponsor him any time once she is a PR. And that's why you have to include him as part of the family memeber with the income to cover him as well.)

Razacpa

Nov 2, 2021
Then you need to meet the threshold MNI for 3 people, NOT 2.

He also needs to go through medical, police and security check. But you can put him in non-accomodating if he really doesn't want to come with your mother. (She can sponsor him any time once she is a PR. And that's why you have to include him as part of the family memeber with the income to cover him as well.)
Thanks Sir for very detailed answer. Appreciate it

shanks24

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks. So, the forms that need the signing by hand are these :

1- IMM 1344
2- IMM 5768
3- IMM 5546 (If someone has military experience)
4-IMM 5475 (If you want to give someone permission to access your information)
5- IMM 5476 (If you want to make someone representative)

1 and 2 are mandatory for every one. Numbers 3-5 are needed depending on the applicant.

Is any from with hand signature that I am missing?
do you need IMM5475 & IMM5476 both ?? IMM5476 should be sufficient ??

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, can some please help.
1. Since I am sponsoring both my parents ( Mom and Dad ) do I need to create a profile for each of them separately and fill the forms twice ?
Or can I fill it once and add the other as a dependent ?

2. I am making my spouse co-sign the application but on IMM 1344 every time I save his contact details under Canada - Cellular I am getting an error ?
Co-signer contact Information
1: Telephone number ( Country code )

The correct format is : Must be numeric and must not start with 11

Is there any way to rectify this ?
You only need to have one profile, then make one of them the principal applicant. The other one will be dependent.

for question 2, I was getting same message, bu when I validated the form, the barcodes are generated.

Navi1

Jan 26, 2019
Hi folks....I have question regarding IMM 5768...as I’m trying to fill the form it’s does not let me add in question 7. Total here should be 6 but it’s automatically coming 1 and does not change after filling other sections. Thanks in advance

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm filling these forms and Im super confused. I know people have said not to include any family members that are not dependents but the forms also clearly state to include ALL family members above 18.

For schedule A and additional family information, my parents have no qualifying dependents as all my siblings are older. Do i feel this form for just my dad and mum then?