+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Vi Pat

Nov 1, 2021
Did anyone receive AOE after the submission of the completed application?
I submitted on Oct4, 2021 still I am waiting.

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Yes, you have to upload your docs to prove your Canadian residency status. You have to check while applying if you have provided either of the below:

1. Passport
2. PR
3. Canadian Birth Certificate
4. Canadian Citizenship Certificate
5.Secure Certificate of India Status.

I know during application, you could apply using the first 2, not sure about the last 3. You can also call them and check what you used during application.
Thanks basakchiranjit - I did not upload anything about my Indian passport when I expression of interest form. I dont have Canadian Passport yet - just PR card. I just checked again - I believe just one of the above listed documents is needed to prove status in Canada but please feel free to correct my assumption.

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Makes sense. Thank you very much for all the info.

One last thing, I've been reading on this forum, about the login to the portal using the PA's email. Unfortunately, I used my own email to create an account and login to the portal. Would that cause a lot of issues? I did the same thing when I applied for their visitor visa as well, and thought of doing the same for this application as well. I will be filling the representative form and name myself as the rep. Does it really matter whose email we use to login to the portal?
I have the same question - anyone?

mawoa

Nov 1, 2021
Hello, I am a Canadian Citizen, I am trying to sponsor my mother and have some questions (I have recieved an invitation to apply) - If I sponsored my husband and his not accompanying dependent child and he got his PR in June 23rd 2018 (over 3 years ago) would he count as a current undertaking? He applied for his citizenship and is waiting for it to be approved. Also, would his non-accompanying dependant child need to be counted in 6. of my IMM5768 form, even if he is the one financially supporting her?

Thanks!!

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
For the birth certificates, should the birth certificate of parents and the sponsor be uploaded?
In the document checklist, it mentions to upload the sponsor birth certificate but in the application guide it is written:
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.

Melissa91

Nov 2, 2021
Hi, can some please help.
1. Since I am sponsoring both my parents ( Mom and Dad ) do I need to create a profile for each of them separately and fill the forms twice ?
Or can I fill it once and add the other as a dependent ?

2. I am making my spouse co-sign the application but on IMM 1344 every time I save his contact details under Canada - Cellular I am getting an error ?
Co-signer contact Information
1: Telephone number ( Country code )

The correct format is : Must be numeric and must not start with 11

Is there any way to rectify this ?

Melissa91

Nov 2, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding photograph that needs to be uploaded for parents,
The PR guide, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html
says that the photo needs to have stamp from the photographer at the back, so does it mean we need to get the photo clicked and then scan and upload the front and back of the picture in the portal?

Thanks
I have the same question too. Can anyone help ?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi All,
My parents have applied for a temporary visitor visa and they have received a biometric request which need to submitted in 30 days. They have booked an appointment but that exceeds the 30 days and there is no earlier date available.
My parents raised a webform for the same and they got a reply that stated “Automatic extension of biometric date is not possible and the Immigration officer will contact the individual on a case by case basis” and asked them to update a letter stating their situation and their appointment confirmation( whichever date they have booked).
My parents have done the same and there is no update from IRCC.
I would like to know if anyone else have faced the same situation and can you help me on what the next steps are ? Will a delayed biometric be accepted?

Melissa91

Nov 2, 2021
For the Biometric fee, do we need to pay for it if they have a valid biometric? Both my parents did their biometric while applying for the visitor visa and it is valid until 2029. Please let me know if I still need to pay for it again ?

jonacarl

Sep 5, 2019
Hello everyone. I have been processing PR applications for myself and my friends for about a decade now, and what I always get from different programs is the tracking sheets. I have added my profile in the tracking sheets for parents sponsorship, and a few things I have noticed. The AOR takes a long time now, from submission of application to AOR, and this is understandable because of the pandemic. My question is - those latest applications, including ours (1 parent sponsorship)... these are the 2nd invitations given this September and October, and they are all online portal applications, right? (Except for those who chose the paper submission). The earlier ones are paper applications, is that correct? I have added our profile in the tracking sheet and I wonder how fast this processing will be, because the latest ones are online. With that being said, I wonder how they would prioritize the ones ahead of the line with the papers being backlogged. And how fast the online portal processing will be. Best of luck to us all who are longing for our parents to be reunited with us. Mabuhay to my fellow countrymen. I have inserted my mother's tracking in the image below. Please have yours as well so we can be aware the new processing time during these challenging times.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=407863830956087&set=a.407863894289414&__cft__[0]=AZWtv7tcuEVodQrG1VBAisOGAn8dpcRuAg-YeXojQfSnOBo2ivDP8_Q8IfIbJvut6kjm3cI8Wsfl16aZhNy8x31mW6Vb5XGc4XCq8R-fI_pdiA&__tn__=EH-y-R]-R

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Did anyone receive AOE after the submission of the completed application?
I submitted on Oct4, 2021 still I am waiting.
I dont think it is sent out that fast. I would assume it takes some months. I haven't seen anyone in our batch get AOR yet from the timelines

Reactions: YVR123