+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to start an application for my Parents and dependent siblings. Should I submit the separate application or is it possible to submit the application for all as one application?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to start an application for my Parents and dependent siblings. Should I submit the separate application or is it possible to submit the application for all as one application?

Thank you
It's a single application.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Thank you so much for the answering
I have few more question
  1. application say IMM1344 need to signed hand written by applicant as well sponsor. My parent are in India and I am in Canada. Dows this hand written means i will print sign and send the scan copy to my parents. Then they print and sign and upload the scan copy?
  2. I am married to my husband and planning to put him as Co-signer. But i am confuse Do i have to submit IMM5409

I know it is already answered but still want some clarification
  1. on IM1344 it ask whether i want to continue to PR application ? what is that mean. what option should i select?
  2. in same form on question 4 , it ask main applicant . I have added my father as main applicant . When entered sponsorship last year i filled it for my mother and father both . So i am little confuse , putting just my father name as main applicant does this mean i am only applying for my father PR not for my mother?
  3. Question 6 status in Canada ask enter date you become citizen. Is it the date of Oath ceremony ?
  4. Question 4 and 5 it ask other phone and fax number. I dont have . Should i put NA there ? As guide says put NA which question is not applicable

Please help

Last edited:

akd2250

Sep 21, 2021
Toronto
quick question, I have forgotten if I had put my mother or my father as principal applicant when we filled up the form to invite in 2020 in the lottery system, I believe it was my father but not 100% sure. Anyone has any idea?

UKPaul

Oct 11, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I got invitation to apply for my parents who currently live in India.

My question is about IMM 1344 - Application to Sponsor.

On document checklist, it says, - this form to be completed online, printed, signed by hand and dated by you (the sponsor), your co-signer, and the person you are sponsoring (principal applicant). Make a digital copy of the completed, signed and dated form.

I have completed online, validated, and printed it. Do I have to sign, date and send it by mail/courier to my parents in India or Can I e-mail the scanned copy to them to sign and upload online?

Please advise asap so that I can courier on time.

UKPaul

Oct 11, 2021
Hello all,

Please advise if providing your SIN# is good idea so that IRCC can take direct info from CRA regarding tax returns or financial evaluation ?
Or is it better to fill out IMM 5748 and provide NOA for last 3 years ?

I think it doesn't matter if we provide or not our consent for SIN#. They will of course verify the financial info with CRA.

Please share your opinion.

miss_jc

Jun 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I got invitation to apply for my parents who currently live in India.

My question is about IMM 1344 - Application to Sponsor.

On document checklist, it says, - this form to be completed online, printed, signed by hand and dated by you (the sponsor), your co-signer, and the person you are sponsoring (principal applicant). Make a digital copy of the completed, signed and dated form.

I have completed online, validated, and printed it. Do I have to sign, date and send it by mail/courier to my parents in India or Can I e-mail the scanned copy to them to sign and upload online?

Please advise asap so that I can courier on time.
i am just doing scanned copy. Have them print it out, scan and send it back to you.

miss_jc

Jun 11, 2013
Hello all,

Please advise if providing your SIN# is good idea so that IRCC can take direct info from CRA regarding tax returns or financial evaluation ?
Or is it better to fill out IMM 5748 and provide NOA for last 3 years ?

I think it doesn't matter if we provide or not our consent for SIN#. They will of course verify the financial info with CRA.

Please share your opinion.
I think it does matter. I am not sure how they would verufy your income if they cant access your info through CRA but CRA definitely could make their job easier, possible get your processing faster.

miss_jc

Jun 11, 2013
Hello,
Just need clarification with IMM 5669 instruction says " Under “Activity,” write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example, unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention). If you were outside your country or territory of nationality, indicate your status in the country or territory you were in. Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time "

My mother travelled internationally A LOT while she was working. There is a separate travel form which is not required for PGP. I am just confused if I should add all the travel she did while employed? or is it not mecessary?

Please help. Thank you!!

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
How do you upload photo online?