+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
Hi again: I'd be greatful if you could help me with the below questions about applying to sponsor my mother-in-law:
1) My husband created an account online and started the application (for the principal applicant - my mother in law) and when he created the account he used his own email. Would it be ok if he used the same email for our sponsor applications? (We are basically going to fill the online forms for his mother as she is not able to do so)
2) A notary approved divorce document is being asked for. Where would this notary be from? If we obtain it from the authorities in Turkey, can we just have it translated by the certified translator in Canada and that's it? I am not sure if we need notary approval from Turkey since Canada may not recognize it. If it's a notary in Canada, do I share with them an electronic version only?

Thanks!

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
Urgent question:
I asked this before but I feel like it wasn't really clear:
After creating an online account for the principal applicant, can we create a new online account for the same applicant with a different email address? (We haven't submitted the application yet) The reason we are askign this is because the email we used to create the account is the same email we as the sponsors used to apply for sponsorship before. And we received the invitation to that email address just recenlty. Would immigration notice that these are the same emails? Thanks

Reactions: Pandey013

Pandey013

Sep 10, 2016
Urgent question:
I asked this before but I feel like it wasn't really clear:
After creating an online account for the principal applicant, can we create a new online account for the same applicant with a different email address? (We haven't submitted the application yet) The reason we are askign this is because the email we used to create the account is the same email we as the sponsors used to apply for sponsorship before. And we received the invitation to that email address just recenlty. Would immigration notice that these are the same emails? Thanks
I think if we are sponsoring our parents and at the same time representing them, this shouldn't be a problem. Same email can be used for sponsoring as well as filling on behalf of principal applicant.

Reactions: ApplicantCND

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
I think if we are sponsoring our parents and at the same time representing them, this shouldn't be a problem. Same email can be used for sponsoring as well as filling on behalf of principal applicant.
We are not formally their representative though. I was thinking not doing that application for representation and directly filling it for themselves.

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
How to answer Q 14 in IMM5768:
It askes for employment and unemployment history for the last 3 consecutive years preceding your application.
1 - If we have worked for employer for the 3 years, do we just club the duration of employment and add the total income for the 3 years? Or do we list each year separately?
2 - For PGP 2021, it would be years 2018,2019 and 2021. However in the form in the "To" column it is typed "Present". Does this mean we should also mention the gross income for 2021?
3 - I moved in April 2018. Do I mention the income prior to moving to Canada? I just start from the time I moved here?

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
I received invitation to apply for PR visa for my parents for 2021.

I am doubtful about the income requirements. In 2018, I moved from US to Canada in July and started my new job in Canada after arriving here.

Combined income from US and Canadian employers exceeds the income requirements for 2018 but my question is does income from US employer will be counted as proof of ncome. It is mentioned in line 104 as "other employment income" in my tax return and I can see it in 2018 NOA. I have paid taxes for this income as well.

Line 101 Canada income
Line 104 US income
Line 150 both Canada and US income

I have gone through below link but not 100% sure if US income is considered as proof of income.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1525&top=14
Similar situation. I moved in April 2018. In IMM 5768 how are you answering Q 14? Are you also listing income from Jan 2018 to July 2018?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to answer Q 14 in IMM5768:
It askes for employment and unemployment history for the last 3 consecutive years preceding your application.
1 - If we have worked for employer for the 3 years, do we just club the duration of employment and add the total income for the 3 years? Or do we list each year separately?
2 - For PGP 2021, it would be years 2018,2019 and 2021. However in the form in the "To" column it is typed "Present". Does this mean we should also mention the gross income for 2021?
3 - I moved in April 2018. Do I mention the income prior to moving to Canada? I just start from the time I moved here?
1) Each year separately
2) You missed 2020
3) Do you include the income for Jan - Mar 2018 in your NOA?

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
1) Each year separately
2) You missed 2020
3) Do you include the income for Jan - Mar 2018 in your NOA?
Thanks for your reply.
regarding 3rd point, I did not include the months Jan - Mar 2018 in my NOA - so that means no need to show on the form right?

Max Yuki

Aug 19, 2021
I'm in the process to apply for a supervisa for my parents, I have all the documents ready but I just want to ask one thing, does there need to be a time period between when I get my PR and when I can apply for supervisa for my parents? Or I can apply whenever. I know when students want to sponsor their parents for the 10 year multiple visa, they can do so after 6 months in Canada, but unsure when they are allowed once PR in Canada. If anyone can let me know, that'll be a great help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm in the process to apply for a supervisa for my parents, I have all the documents ready but I just want to ask one thing, does there need to be a time period between when I get my PR and when I can apply for supervisa for my parents? Or I can apply whenever. I know when students want to sponsor their parents for the 10 year multiple visa, they can do so after 6 months in Canada, but unsure when they are allowed once PR in Canada. If anyone can let me know, that'll be a great help
If you have NOA meeting LICO, your are good to apply.

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi All, I am a bit confused with IMM1344 Part-1, section-1. Can anyone please answer which box should I select? I already calculated that I am eligible.

Thanks in addvanced.

Part 1: Application to Sponsor and Undertaking
Question 1
Check one box to indicate how you wish to proceed if you do not meet the sponsorship requirements.
  • If you check the box to withdraw your sponsorship application, then
    • the sponsorship application will not be processed. All fees will be refunded, except for the $75 sponsorship fee.
  • If you check the box to proceed with the application for permanent residence, then
    • the sponsorship application will be failed. None of the fees will be refunded if the application is refused.