App. Filed.......
July-2014
Nomination.....
November-2014
Med's Request
Feb-2015
Med's Done....
Feb-2015
Last year they updated their portal for application numbers day or two before. I think they will do the same this year.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi, I have a question regarding the income requirement for sponsorship of parents/grandparents. During 2018, I was working as a post-doctoral research fellow at a University for the entire year and received a stipend from which I paid provincial and federal income taxes. I received a T4A instead of a T4. My net income (line 150) on my notice of assessment includes all the stipend amount I received. I am wondering if this income will be considered an eligible income.
Ho Thakurvet, if you received T4A then its a non-taxable income and does not appear on line 150/1500. Based on my experience, stipend/scholarships/studentship are annuity and are not taxable. I know this because, I received it from 2011 to 2015.
Moreover, I was a postdoc for more than a year, I always received salary regularly, portion of which were used to deduct fedral & provencial tax, CPP, EI, and group RRSP and T4 slips detailing all the earning and desuction.

thakurvet

Jul 16, 2013
Ho Thakurvet, if you received T4A then its a non-taxable income and does not appear on line 150/1500. Based on my experience, stipend/scholarships/studentship are annuity and are not taxable. I know this because, I received it from 2011 to 2015.
Moreover, I was a postdoc for more than a year, I always received salary regularly, portion of which were used to deduct fedral & provencial tax, CPP, EI, and group RRSP and T4 slips detailing all the earning and desuction.
There are two types of scholarships, when you are a student you pay the tuition fee and for that scholarship, the income tax is not deducted which I also received from 2011 to 2015. The second type is for post-doc stipends that many universities use and requires compulsory income tax deduction and I received this from 2015 to 2018.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
T4As are only non-taxable in certain circumstances. In many circumstances, T4A income is in fact taxable.

Reactions: PhdStream

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
There are two types of scholarships, when you are a student you pay the tuition fee and for that scholarship, the income tax is not deducted which I also received from 2011 to 2015. The second type is for post-doc stipends that many universities use and requires compulsory income tax deduction and I received this from 2015 to 2018.
This is news to me. I guess what you referring here is salary that you received which comes from government grant, e.g., NSERC stategic, in that case yours is salary that is taxable, which counted towards minimum income for family sponsorship. No where in the guide(https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1525&top=14) it is mentioned to deduct income on T4A.
Thanks, you help me to learn a new thing today. Best of luck to you!!

P.S: I received my postdoc salary from NSERC I2I funding (that funding was for my proposal and for me only), yet I received salary (pay stubs from HR) as an employee of the University, with mentioned deduction and T4 for that.

Mak0890

Oct 28, 2020
In Financial Evaluation Form IMM5768(06-2019), Where should add my Wife (Sponsored her 3 years back and she is in Canada now and she is dependent on me) shall add her in 3.B) i) or ii) or 5 number ?

Oct 1, 2021
I applied on the last day and no invitation yet!!
Is there a sequence they are following and as they said two weeks so does that mean there is a chance that i can receive the invitation??
Any inputs will be appreciated
Thanks

Navi1

Jan 26, 2019
same.. i have been trying since 2018.. i felt so bad.. i ended up tearful.. but then i know there are a lot of others since since 7 years and longer and still trying..
if only there was someway they could pick and give 1 opportunity for those who have not be selected for 3 or more times now...
Don’t loose hope...I was trying since 7 yrs but this time got invitation. Everyone should be invited. I know how it feels.

Chaitanya Barot

Sep 22, 2021
Manpreetkhurana
Today at 10:52 AM
Add bookmark
#1,228
I applied on the last day and no invitation yet!!
Is there a sequence they are following and as they said two weeks so does that mean there is a chance that i can receive the invitation??
Any inputs will be appreciated

No invitations were sent yesterday. So chances are remote. But still pray as I pray too