Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Its a long shot
That settlement was achieved because the lawyers were able to prove that ppl with disability did not stand a chance in the first come first served system
Basically they proved a discriminatory approach on the part of the Govt by putting out such a system where only the ppl with the fastest fingers , best hardware and fast internet connection could get through

You would need to build a solid case to argue and have a flawless plan to nail the govt in court.

Lottery is a luck based system and you cant take your luck/fate to court and debate it
My thoughts are same as your. Probably, that's why they went back to lottery system, so no one can sue them again. I really doubt that they will ever get rid off this lottery system. Unless, they are planning to add more requirements just to be qualified to get into the pool.

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
So my conversation with immigration officer on a $1000 short LICO is that it depend on the officer looking at the application, some officers may approve your sponsorship and some may not. but if you have marked that if you are not eligible, the application for permanent resident should not continue, then you just loss $75 for the processing of the sponsorship application. So at this point i will submit my application, if i am refused, i will lose just the processing fee of $75. which is not the end of the world.
What a Loser. Dude! You are $1000 short of LICO. How would you qualify? What are you smoking?

rkraju

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2015
LANDED..........
Last night - in my Dream
My thoughts are same as your. Probably, that's why they went back to lottery system, so no one can sue them again. I really doubt that they will ever get rid off this lottery system. Unless, they are planning to add more requirements just to be qualified to get into the pool.
True
More requirements and a hefty upfront fee refundable only if qualified or a penalty for misuse/misrepresentation
That would be the right approach. It will get ppl to read and understand before jumping into gamble

manprxxt

Sep 29, 2021
I think in the Interest to sponsor form, they must ask to enter income for each qualifying year, in addition to personal details, which should be reviewed by IRCC staff to determine if this person deserves to be entered into draw, so that no such people can even get into the actual pool.

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
So my conversation with immigration officer on a $1000 short LICO is that it depend on the officer looking at the application, some officers may approve your sponsorship and some may not. but if you have marked that if you are not eligible, the application for permanent resident should not continue, then you just loss $75 for the processing of the sponsorship application. So at this point i will submit my application, if i am refused, i will lose just the processing fee of $75. which is not the end of the world.
I didn't know about the situation where it depends on the officer's decision. But I know that they actually have a guidelines they have to follow, similar to the code of standards. When they reject an application they will send back a copy of that standard with highlighted (section number, sub-section, line number...ect) stated the reason why they reject the application. Also they will punched holes on the whole package to mark it rejected. I saw it from my classmate's application package back from 2017. He tried to sponsor his parents when he shorted 5k on 2016 income.

But you're right, you have been selected. Why not give it a try, dont waste your opportunity.

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
My sister got an invitation (to sponsor our parents). She’s been trying for so many years, so this is a relief. Got the invitation on the 27th. Sorry I’m late in joining the game - is there a whatsapp group for this?

PS
I could have also joined the lottery but I didn’t - what if we both got picked? Slot wasted. Good luck to everyone. It will come.

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
True
More requirements and a hefty upfront fee refundable only if qualified or a penalty for misuse/misrepresentation
That would be the right approach. It will get ppl to read and understand before jumping into gamble
Well, from my experience back when lottery system first introduced in 2016 or 2017, they will never read the requirement or they will read it and disregard it anyway. Every time they draw, there will be people not meeting the LICO got the invitation (happen every year on this forum)

My only hope is that they will keep drawing from the current pool without accepting new application into the pool for the next lottery rounds (just similar to this one) until they take all the application left in the pool. Only then they can re-open to accept new application for new lottery rounds. I think that the fairest approach for everyone currently in the pool and waiting for their chance (including me) - This is just my opinion if government intend to keep the lottery system forever (waiting since 2017 for my chance to apply :( )

Reactions: hgspsd8 and lundir8

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I didn't know about the situation where it depends on the officer's decision. But I know that they actually have a guidelines they have to follow, similar to the code of standards. When they reject an application they will send back a copy of that standard with highlighted (section number, sub-section, line number...ect) stated the reason why they reject the application. Also they will punched holes on the whole package to mark it rejected. I saw it from my classmate's application package back from 2017. He tried to sponsor his parents when he shorted 5k on 2016 income.

But you're right, you have been selected. Why not give it a try, dont waste your opportunity.
Oo! He is not wasting this opportunity. He is gonna go galls deep. But to his disappointment he will knew later when he gets a letter of rejection on the basis of not meeting LICO. IRCC will teject you, even if you are ONE Cent short, and this Dude is $1000 short( thats what he say, Amount might be bigger) Keep trying.

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Well, from my experience back when lottery system first introduced in 2016 or 2017, they will never read the requirement or they will read it and disregard it anyway. Every time they draw, there will be people not meeting the LICO got the invitation (happen every year on this forum)

My only hope is that they will keep drawing from the current pool without accepting new application into the pool for the next lottery rounds (just similar to this one) until they take all the application left in the pool. Only then they can re-open to accept new application for new lottery rounds. I think that the fairest approach for everyone currently in the pool and waiting for their chance (including me) - This is just my opinion if government intend to keep the lottery system forever (waiting since 2017 for my chance to apply :( )
Everyone have there own views. I would say, only Citizens must be allowed to sponsor.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Yes but then you have to subtract and not include the income. The link you provided states the following.

• your Total Income on line 150 of your Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and
  • subtract any income that must be excluded
    • provincial payments for an instruction or training program
    • social assistance from a province
    • payments from the Government of Canada under a resettlement assistance program
    • regular Employment Insurance earnings (for 2018 and 2019 tax years)
    • Old Age Security payments
Yea exclude regular EI, not special EI benefits.
In my previous i have attached the link, which does mention that mat/parental EI benefit are special but not regular EI

CarSam3474

Sep 28, 2021
Hello Friends, if you have already applied for the super visa, please help us understand where you get the insurance and how much it cost you. Thanks.
Hi I used TravelShield, insurance depends on age, current illness & also what you want say for example you only need accidents only excluding current illness- i bought for 2 years and did the full coverage, i just did it again and found out I could do accicdent only so I did that 416-900-6052

thakurvet

Jul 16, 2013
Hi, I have a question regarding the income requirement for sponsorship of parents/grandparents. During 2018, I was working as a post-doctoral research fellow at a University for the entire year and received a stipend from which I paid provincial and federal income taxes. I received a T4A instead of a T4. My net income (line 150) on my notice of assessment includes all the stipend amount I received. I am wondering if this income will be considered an eligible income.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have a question regarding the income requirement for sponsorship of parents/grandparents. During 2018, I was working as a post-doctoral research fellow at a University for the entire year and received a stipend from which I paid provincial and federal income taxes. I received a T4A instead of a T4. My net income (line 150) on my notice of assessment includes all the stipend amount I received. I am wondering if this income will be considered an eligible income.
Yes, you can include this.