Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m not sure about this selections. But do you meet the income eligibility threshold after submitting the application?
I know individual's whose application were returned & refunded stating similar reason.
I am not sure about the selections they made while filing applications.
in certain case they may consider

Submitted 2nd medical by end of November
Currently sent for visa stamping

They told me that my income met the threshold and later they found out that I was on EI for a couple month in 2018 and they said this income couldn't be calculated into the income. I called IRCC before and they told me this would be considered income that's why I didn't withdraw money from my RRSP account that year. I felt like I was misinformed and the difference was just a couple thousands. I was pissed tbh.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Maybe the application is going through an extended security screening process. Any govt position, military or police experience?
nope, nothing. mom house wife, dad had 1 job throughout his life in multinational company with multiple trips to Canada (they have visitor visa)

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I requested GCMS notes last month and today i got an email.

This is in reference to your request for an update on the processing of your application for permanent residence. Please be advised that your file is currently assigned to an officer and is under review. Once the review process is completed you will be notified about the next step.

Please do not send multiple emails as it will further delay our process. We appreciate your patience.

I called in December to IRCC to check status of my application (its past due its normal processing time). The agent says he will put a note on the file.
I am not sure if this email is in regards to GCMS notes or the agent putting the notes.

Anybody else got this email? seems bit unfair that we cant even check on our application now considering its past due normal processing time.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They told me that my income met the threshold and later they found out that I was on EI for a couple month in 2018 and they said this income couldn't be calculated into the income. I called IRCC before and they told me this would be considered income that's why I didn't withdraw money from my RRSP account that year. I felt like I was misinformed and the difference was just a couple thousands. I was pissed tbh.
The EI exception was only applicable for 2020 and 2021 because of COVID. (unless it's for mat leave)

Also, family class sponsors and co-signers will be able to count these benefits in their income calculations for the 2020 and 2021 tax years:
  • regular Employment Insurance benefits (rather than just special Employment Insurance benefits)
As many of us stated, call centre response are not reliable/correct some times.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The EI exception was only applicable for 2020 and 2021 because of COVID. (unless it's for mat leave)

Also, family class sponsors and co-signers will be able to count these benefits in their income calculations for the 2020 and 2021 tax years:
  • regular Employment Insurance benefits (rather than just special Employment Insurance benefits)
As many of us stated, call centre response are not reliable/correct some times.
This is just upsetting that they didn't notify me prior to making the decision and I could have appealed the decision if I checked "continue processing the application".

2018 income was 5 years ago and it's become so irrelevant. My sole income is way more than the threshold. The good thing is my parents are no longer interested in moving to Canada as it's not as great as it was before. But overall I was disappointed.

Jul 12, 2017
My parents application was rejected a couple weeks ago due to my income didn't meet the threshold in 2018. IRCC said the application was withdrawn as I selected "withdraw when ineligible".

Has this happened to anyone before but selected "proceed with the application" regardless? IRCC said I couldn't appeal the decision unless "proceed with the application" was checked? Thank you.
Did you receive sponsorship approval letter from IRCC before your PGP Application got rejected?

Last edited:

sesenujs

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Tagbilaran City Bohol
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2012
AOR Received.
July 12, 2012
Med's Request
July 12, 2012
Med's Done....
July 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 03,2012 (STAMPED)
My parents application was rejected a couple weeks ago due to my income didn't meet the threshold in 2018. IRCC said the application was withdrawn as I selected "withdraw when ineligible".

Has this happened to anyone before but selected "proceed with the application" regardless? IRCC said I couldn't appeal the decision unless "proceed with the application" was checked? Thank you.
i received the same letter but did not withdraw. Few days before Christmas I received biometrics request.

Reactions: JUNB

hibbsdibbs

Oct 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I have received a letter requesting my mother's passport from IRCC Etobicoke, wherein it reads:

"2a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada."

"You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
Note: Visa exempt applicants with an online account are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your online account.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using an online account are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your online account.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications
Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those with an online account, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos."

"B) If you are currently in Canada:

You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

I have a few concerns: My mother would normally require a visit visa to travel to Canada for her passport, which she obtained 5 years ago, and she recently travelled in Dec 2023 to Toronto (to stay till May 2024).
Is it adequate to simply provide updates via WebForm as outlined in point B without the need to submit her passport or Updated Information Chart?
What option should I select in Webform for the above update? Is it “Change in Contact Information”?
Also, theyre asking for photos to be mailed or couriered regardless, but there is no address, where do I send those?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Reactions: hodari

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
"B) If you are currently in Canada:
You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

I have a few concerns: My mother would normally require a visit visa to travel to Canada for her passport, which she obtained 5 years ago, and she recently travelled in Dec 2023 to Toronto (to stay till May 2024).
Is it adequate to simply provide updates via WebForm as outlined in point B without the need to submit her passport or Updated Information Chart?
What option should I select in Webform for the above update? Is it “Change in Contact Information”?
Also, theyre asking for photos to be mailed or couriered regardless, but there is no address, where do I send those?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Provide the update as outlined in point B, and you will not be asked to submit her passport.
As for the option to select in the webform, I would select "Sponsorship".

Once you send the update via webform, I believe you will receive instructions for the virtual landing. You will be able to upload photos via the PR virtual landing platform, so you won't need to mail or courier anything.

Reactions: hibbsdibbs

hibbsdibbs

Oct 4, 2017
Provide the update as outlined in point B, and you will not be asked to submit her passport.
As for the option to select in the webform, I would select "Sponsorship".

Once you send the update via webform, I believe you will receive instructions for the virtual landing. You will be able to upload photos via the PR virtual landing platform, so you won't need to mail or courier anything.
Thank you so much, Hodari! I managed to follow the same steps for the webform. Now just waiting for the instructions. Greatly appreciate your help!

loveanurse

Oct 20, 2021

Try making an appeal, make a letter and attach a copy of your recent NOA, employment letter and current paystubs; they may consider your appeal under humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
Just try.

George_M

Sep 20, 2021
Hello, I tried to follow up with IRCC through my local MP office and they have told that on Jan 5th , they have extended the medical validity. Is it good or bad ?
But no update in our portal though.
Vancouver office . Applied on Dec 2021.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I tried to follow up with IRCC through my local MP office and they have told that on Jan 5th , they have extended the medical validity. Is it good or bad ?
But no update in our portal though.
Vancouver office . Applied on Dec 2021.
It's good that you do not have to pay for and do another medical exam. Let's hope that your PR will be approved before the extended medical.