+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
My parents recently received the passport request. Do they both have to go to Vfs office to submit the passport or my sister can submit it on behalf of them as my parents live quite far from Vfs delhi office and are over 70.
You sister can submit on your parents behalf. They just need to have the authorization and consent letter from your parents. The information pertaining to this is given on VFS website

RSILANGA

Mar 27, 2021
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
cpc mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-12-2021
Doc's Request.
09-06-2022
AOR Received.
09-06-2022
Anyone here still waiting on Montreal Office?

Yes waiting for Montreal. Our application was forwarded to Montreal after receipt of Sponsorship Approval. Until now no movement yet.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello, for those who have gone through the PR process for PGP already I had a question: my dad's visitors visa was under process for 1.5 years, possibly due to background check since he was in the government service. Resume was sent and 1.5 years later the application was approved just a few days back. Now the system says Background check complete. We applied for PGP 2022 and the system says background check in process. Does that background check that was already completed just a few days/weeks back apply towards the PGP as well so maybe it will go through faster? Thanks!

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, for those who have gone through the PR process for PGP already I had a question: my dad's visitors visa was under process for 1.5 years, possibly due to background check since he was in the government service. Resume was sent and 1.5 years later the application was approved just a few days back. Now the system says Background check complete. We applied for PGP 2022 and the system says background check in process. Does that background check that was already completed just a few days/weeks back apply towards the PGP as well so maybe it will go through faster? Thanks!
Wait for the pgp background check complete on gc key?, if it updates to background check complete, you could have the passport request next.
Background check was the very last update on my gc key then ppr came.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Unfortunately it has no effect. Background check for visitor and temporary resident applications is not the same as that for PR applications.

ShamsQUEBEC

May 8, 2016
Hi Guys,
My parents were recently invited to apply for permanent residency under the parent/grandparents PR sponsorship program. As I was filling out the application, I noticed that there wasn't a separate upload option for my mom and dad's documents under the "Supporting Documents for your immigration program" section. It appears that I need to combine my mom and dad's documents into a single file to upload them on the portal. Is this a common procedure?

Additionally, how should we go about uploading a digital copy of a photo with the stamp from the photo studio? Does this mean we need to scan the physical copy of the photo, both the front and back, and then upload it?

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hello everyone, i am wondering if anyone can help answer my question:

1. Is it mandatory for our parents to have proof of insurance coverage before departure? Is it something that immigration will ask?

2. For OHIP, i see on the ontario ministry that there is no waiting time to apply for OHIP but there is a 153 days physically present minimum qualification. Im confused, do we need to buy insurance for the first 153 days after landing?

Hopefully someone can help! Thank you!

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hello everyone, i am wondering if anyone can help answer my question:

1. Is it mandatory for our parents to have proof of insurance coverage before departure? Is it something that immigration will ask?

2. For OHIP, i see on the ontario ministry that there is no waiting time to apply for OHIP but there is a 153 days physically present minimum qualification. Im confused, do we need to buy insurance for the first 153 days after landing?

they got approved and are flying Dec 25.

Hopefully someone can help! Thank you!

HoqMD

Feb 19, 2023
Hello all,
I really need a information badly.I got invitation letter unfortunately last year my income was little less(including co signer).I have a concern about PR application. There is written if we refuse you as sponsor and you want us keep processing your Family’s PR application then there will no refund and no guarantee that your family will approved. My question is why they have this option is there ever they have approved family PR application without eligible family sponsor?is there any chance they will approved family’s PR application after you apply even though sponsor is ineligible?any kind of idea or information will much appreciated.Thanks

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All from PGP 2021, 23 month time period is complete for pgp 2021 applicants. All stuck in Vancouver office did any one find any update update ? , following the spread sheet its seems Vancouver office is not processing any pgp file...

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi All from PGP 2021, 23 month time period is complete for pgp 2021 applicants. All stuck in Vancouver office did any one find any update update ? , following the spread sheet its seems Vancouver office is not processing any pgp file...
Yep! hope yours doesnt go to Vancouver

ramonju

Apr 5, 2022
Hi guys. Anyone from PGP 2021? Our 2 year mark was due last Oct 20, and all CIC can tell me after I called twice about it was that there's still no word/change on the application.

Reactions: NoorPirani

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hi guys. Anyone from PGP 2021? Our 2 year mark was due last Oct 20, and all CIC can tell me after I called twice about it was that there's still no word/change on the application.
I m from 2021. VO - Vancouver
recently received Medical as it got expired. Also got pre arrival will the medical. awaiting for the next step.

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I m from 2021. VO - Vancouver
recently received Medical as it got expired. Also got pre arrival will the medical. awaiting for the next step.