+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Question for pros. I see a lot of posts talking about which office is the application assigned to. Seems like some offices are very fast to process application. And some offices are very slow to process application,
My question is how is this application assigned to an office? Is it based on sponsors address? If so does it mean IRCC needs to be informed when sponsor changes addresses?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Question for pros. I see a lot of posts talking about which office is the application assigned to. Seems like some offices are very fast to process application. And some offices are very slow to process application,
My question is how is this application assigned to an office? Is it based on sponsors address? If so does it mean IRCC needs to be informed when sponsor changes addresses?
No, it is not based on the sponsor's address. IRCC tries to distribute applications based on the capacity and the load that each office has.
I am in Quebec, but my parent's PR application is being processed in Vancouver (it was initially in Mississauga until I got sponsor approval).

That being said, you should still update IRCC if your address, or your parents' address changes.

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
No, it is not based on the sponsor's address. IRCC tries to distribute applications based on the capacity and the load that each office has.
I am in Quebec, but my parent's PR application is being processed in Vancouver (it was initially in Mississauga until I got sponsor approval).

That being said, you should still update IRCC if your address, or your parents' address changes.
How do you find out which office your app is in?

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you find out which office your app is in?
It must have been mentioned from the AOR you first received,

“This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):”

or some members reporting their case are transferred to other center.

Reactions: imacuser

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
My parents recently received the passport request. Do they both have to go to Vfs office to submit the passport or my sister can submit it on behalf of them as my parents live quite far from Vfs delhi office and are over 70.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Oh my goodness! I feel so sorry for you. Do you know what causes the delay? I know an extended security screening may take a long process, but 5 years sounds insane.
Thank you, No idea why it is taking too long. Thats why I am checking here if someone can help

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Is anyone still waiting from Vancouver office? nothing since last year june after biometrics
I got a request for police certificates and military experience form back in January. I made an ATIP request recently and it says security still in progress.
Medicals expired end of November but I havent received a request to re-do them yet.

Mayamy

Jul 31, 2022
I got a request for police certificates and military experience form back in January. I made an ATIP request recently and it says security still in progress.
Medicals expired end of November but I havent received a request to re-do them yet.
Pls what they mean by ( eligibility passed ) and what the next step .. till know i don’t receive the midical and Biometric.. I submitted 1/November /2021 .. Vancouver office