+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
Hello everyone, my parents received their passport submission request on Nov 17 and are currently in India and don't hold any other visa. We have an appointment on Dec 4 at Kolkata to submit the passport in person.

My question:
1) The passport submission letter from IRCC was only addressed to my father (who is also the principal applicant) - do we not need the same letter for my mother (who is the dependent) - or this one letter (even though addressed to my father only) should suffice for both?

I am asking this because only father is going to submit the passport and would the authorities absolutely need my mother to be present in person to submit her passport or can my father submit my mother's passport and that too with the IRCC letter just addressed to my father only. Would the authorities allows this? When we made the appointment, my mother was assigned a separate appointment from my father. I am a bit confused, hence..

2) As per the VFS appointment email and IRCC letter, we are of the understanding that we need to submit the a) current passport, b) 2 photographs each for both c) the passport submission letter - are we missing anything?

Seniors and folks who have gone through this process - can you please advise and guide? Would very much appreciate it.

George_M

Sep 20, 2021
Hello everyone, my parents received their passport submission request on Nov 17 and are currently in India and don't hold any other visa. We have an appointment on Dec 4 at Kolkata to submit the passport in person.

My question:
1) The passport submission letter from IRCC was only addressed to my father (who is also the principal applicant) - do we not need the same letter for my mother (who is the dependent) - or this one letter (even though addressed to my father only) should suffice for both?

I am asking this because only father is going to submit the passport and would the authorities absolutely need my mother to be present in person to submit her passport or can my father submit my mother's passport and that too with the IRCC letter just addressed to my father only. Would the authorities allows this? When we made the appointment, my mother was assigned a separate appointment from my father. I am a bit confused, hence..

2) As per the VFS appointment email and IRCC letter, we are of the understanding that we need to submit the a) current passport, b) 2 photographs each for both c) the passport submission letter - are we missing anything?

Seniors and folks who have gone through this process - can you please advise and guide? Would very much appreciate it.
Hello, I do not have an answer to your question as we are still waiting for PPR. Can you please tell us which office was handling the application ?

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
Hi,
My parents received a request to create accounts for Permanent Resident Portal (under Parents & Grand Parents sponsorship) couple of days ago but they are currently out of country (USA) and can only be back in June 2024. It was on Mar 13, 2023 they had their medicals done. So I am not sure if there are any restriction (maximum number of days) in answering the below question and would impact their application in any way. Please advice, Any help is much appreciated.

If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
My parents received a request to create accounts for Permanent Resident Portal (under Parents & Grand Parents sponsorship) couple of days ago but they are currently out of country (USA) and can only be back in June 2024. It was on Mar 13, 2023 they had their medicals done. So I am not sure if there are any restriction (maximum number of days) in answering the below question and would impact their application in any way. Please advice, Any help is much appreciated.

If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Follow the instruction "If you are not inside Canada". It's not like they will return in a few days and delay creating this portal. It's more than 6 months. And since their medical will expire in Mar 2024, that would likely be the expiry day for the COPR for them to land. Can they do soft landing before the expiry?

souparno

Oct 12, 2019
Hi folks, my parents received their passport request, but my wife and I had a child last month, I am wondering if I need to notify IRCC of the child now ? I do still meet the LICO but I am just worried about extra delay in application. Should I just send my ITR and fill out sponsorship evaluation form again and send it already or notify them and wait for their response ?

Abiebie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Please I need help, I was asked to resubmit some forms and submit through gckey account, I am finding it difficult to validate the additional family information and the supplementary information your travel. I click validate but it is not bringing out the barcode. I can't reach Immigration and time is going. Please help if you have experienced this and what can I do.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Please I need help, I was asked to resubmit some forms and submit through gckey account, I am finding it difficult to validate the additional family information and the supplementary information your travel. I click validate but it is not bringing out the barcode. I can't reach Immigration and time is going. Please help if you have experienced this and what can I do.
Those forms do not generate barcodes, the validate is only to check that all required fields are filled out. If nothing happens when you click validate, it means it was successfully validated and no issues were found.

Abiebie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Those forms do not generate barcodes, the validate is only to check that all required fields are filled out. If nothing happens when you click validate, it means it was successfully validated and no issues were found.
ooh I see
thank you so much

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello guys
I have received a request to re-submit medical as the previous one got expired(after a year).
Also received a pre-arrival letter the next day.
Vancouver visa office.
Anyone having any update to share.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hello guys
I have received a request to re-submit medical as the previous one got expired(after a year).
Also received a pre-arrival letter the next day.
Vancouver visa office.
Anyone having any update to share.
What date did the first medical expire?